Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Roethlisberger Watch Reply with quote

Such a potentially season-alternating situation warrants its own thread IMO. Here's what I've found so far...

Taken from ESPN's AFC North Blog:

ESPN's Adam Schefter: Steelers have been told that Roethlisberger has a sprained shoulder, although it could turn out to be separated.

Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole: Two sources indicate that Roethlisberger has a separated shoulder. "There's a lot to be figured out and we probably won't know anything definitive until the morning, but that's what the [Steelers] team doctor said," a source said. In addition, one source indicated that the injury is "unusual," although it's unclear if that is good or bad news.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora: Based on what he's hearing from Roethlisberger's teammates, La Canfora is reporting that it sounds like Steelers preparing to be without him at least a few weeks.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a FA we could sign? Because neither of our options can get the ball out fast enough to run this offense, in my opinion. Lefty looked like he was in slow motion 5 years ago, let alone now. Any time Ben goes down I feel like we're in trouble. In this particular season, when he's hands down our MVP, it's devastating. That defense/run game isn't going to carry the load against teams like Baltimore.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, this doesn't bode we'll. I like Lefty but if this turns out to be more than a game or two, then there is trouble on the horizon.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the rest of our schedule though. We play best against moderate teams: ones that aren't the best and ones who aren't awful. IE the Cowboys, Chargers, Bengals, Redskins, Giants, Jets, and Eagles. I think Lefty has a good chance of winning the next 2 of 3 games and that's all we need. Our team will at least play with more energy lets hope.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
I really like the rest of our schedule though. We play best against moderate teams: ones that aren't the best and ones who aren't awful. IE the Cowboys, Chargers, Bengals, Redskins, Giants, Jets, and Eagles. I think Lefty has a good chance of winning the next 2 of 3 games and that's all we need. Our team will at least play with more energy lets hope.

Idk I think that's a pretty generous assessment. I think he can win one of those games, and the browns game will be close IMO. I truly don't believe he's going to be able to play with the Ravens. Hopefully I'm wrong, and they come out and run well, and Lefty manages them to a couple of wins.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think having mendenhal back will help. Also Anotonio being back will be nice, if he is expected back?
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Roethlisberger Watch Reply with quote

pghinsomniac wrote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora: Based on what he's hearing from Roethlisberger's teammates, La Canfora is reporting that it sounds like Steelers preparing to be without him at least a few weeks.

This means he will play next week. La Canfora is the same guy who's Steeler sources told him about releasing Casey Hampton in Training camp. He is, generally, very wrong.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Lefty has prob gotten less than 15-20% of the snaps in practice since training camp broke, but I didnt think he looked good at all last night. Also looked like he got shook up after he landed on his back early on.

I believe that a whole week of practice and taking the majority of snaps will be good for him, but Im not too excited to play Baltimore with him at the helm. Haleys going to have to call a good game and bring a lot of 3rd and managables to keep the blitz at bay.

Also worries me with Lefty and Batches injury history of late and the fact that they are 70 years old that we could go from 2 Qbs to 0 Qbs pretty quickly.
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The team doesn't have definitive news yet and that tests, so far, have been inconclusive.

According to his sources, the team is awaiting further word from doctors.

ESPN's Ed Werder is reporting that Roethlisberger will undergo a second MRI to determine the severity of the injury. Not surprisingly, Werder also notes that Roethlisberger feels sore this morning.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20967003/tests-on-ben-roethlisbergers-shoulder-inconclusive-so-far
MeanJoeGreen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Is there a FA we could sign? Because neither of our options can get the ball out fast enough to run this offense, in my opinion. Lefty looked like he was in slow motion 5 years ago, let alone now. Any time Ben goes down I feel like we're in trouble. In this particular season, when he's hands down our MVP, it's devastating. That defense/run game isn't going to carry the load against teams like Baltimore.

(I dont know how accurate this list is)
Max Hall
Jake Delhomme
Luke McCown
Tyler Palko
J.P. Losman
Donovan McNabb
Mark Brunell
Kevin O’Connell
Kyle Boller
Dennis Dixon
Billy Volek
A.J. Feeley
Kellen Clemens
John Beck
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Lefty and with more snaps this week I think the Steelers will be fine. The Steelers didn't run particularly well against the Chiefs but the threat of the run kept the defense honest. If Matt Cassel can run a Haley offense I believe Lefty can too.

I'm used to Big Ben being out at least two games a season for various reason, so I guess I expected this. This is one of the main reason Big Ben will never be considered one of the "elite" QBs is because he never really plays a entire season garnering enough stats to put him in the conversation. Everything Big Ben does has to be "projected" to compete with the Top tier QBs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeanJoeGreen wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Max Hall
Jake Delhomme
Luke McCown
Tyler Palko
J.P. Losman
Donovan McNabb
Mark Brunell
Kevin O’Connell
Kyle Boller
Dennis Dixon
Billy Volek
A.J. Feeley
Kellen Clemens
John Beck

Do you really think any of them could come in and pick up on the offense in a matter of a week(s)? I'm really worried about our QB situation with Leftwich and Batch but I don't think we have any other options unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094511/article/mike-tomlin-ben-roethlisberger-has-shoulder-sprain

Quote:
UPDATE: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed Tuesday that Roethlisberger has a sprained shoulder, more specifically a Sternoclavicular joint injury. Tomlin said Roethlisberger currently is questionable for Sunday's game.

I think Tomlin is being optimistic, that type of injury on his throwing shoulder isn't going to be easy to overcome.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamey wrote:
MeanJoeGreen wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Max Hall
Jake Delhomme
Luke McCown
Tyler Palko
J.P. Losman
Donovan McNabb
Mark Brunell
Kevin O’Connell
Kyle Boller
Dennis Dixon
Billy Volek
A.J. Feeley
Kellen Clemens
John Beck

Do you really think any of them could come in and pick up on the offense in a matter of a week(s)? I'm really worried about our QB situation with Leftwich and Batch but I don't think we have any other options unfortunately.

I have to agree with Jamey. There is no reason to bring another QB in. Leftwich and Batch may be fragile and old but they have been in this offense all season long and should have a better grasp of it then any Free Agent that would be brought in. Haley and company will have to come up with a game plan to suit Leftwich better.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many reports, really don't know which is true...

But, from what we have until now, everything is moving towards Ben missing a few games, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: