Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batch would be my #2 always has been, but there is less threat of a deep ball, but as has been said there is and will be little time for Lefty to wind up.

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks treat and Southwest....my head just exploded.

Any medical advice for that? Wink
Jamey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible news fellas... Ben has a freak rib injury that can kill him on contact.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774483849003008

I doubt he'll be back at all this season. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I'm about ready to write this season off sadly. Just to think... a week ago I really thought this team could be a legitimate super bowl contender

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamey wrote:
Terrible news fellas... Ben has a freak rib injury that can kill him on contact.

I doubt he'll be back at all this season. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I'm about ready to write this season off sadly. Just to think... a week ago I really thought this team could be a legitimate super bowl contender

Not entirely writing him off for the season yet since I don't know the nature of the procedure for that sort of thing, but if he misses the rest of the season then any real postseason hopes are done with.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Jamey wrote:

Not entirely writing him off for the season yet since I don't know the nature of the procedure for that sort of thing, but if he misses the rest of the season then any real postseason hopes are done with.

Do we know the time table for this type of injury?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats going to be a posterior dislocation of the first rib.

Closed reduction and wait until the ligaments tighten up is the only way to go. Surgery would be very unusual.

In theory the left side would be in closer proximity to the aorta. May be unusual in that the right side is threatening the aorta or that he got his right SC and left first rib.

Still guessing 4 weeks kinda like Amendola.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously as a ravens fan, i'm the last person you guys want to hear from right now, but if I were you guys I wouldn't be writing off this season quite yet. You guys are sitting with a 2 game cushion over 7th place right now and this is the weakest AFC i can ever remember, so even if big ben misses 4 weeks I can't see you being any worse than tied or 1 game out of the playoffs when he returns. That puts you guys easily in playoff contention with ben coming back and if you guys can just get into the playoffs with a healthy and rested big ben, I'm sure you guys can be an extremely dangerous team.

GO RAVENS!!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamey wrote:

Wow, that is scary. The optimism of knowing that Roethlisberger didn't tear his rotator cuff or break any bones in the shoulder area goes to pessimism about this unusual and rare injury. The hit seemed like any other we've seen Ben take. We just got to wait and see how long it takes to heal and until then weather the storm without him. The running game needs to be that more efficient now.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"From what (the doctor) said he's trying to talk to experts because there is no case study over the exact same thing," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "We're just trying to talk to people ... because we don't know."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_STEELERS_ROETHLISBERGER_OUT?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Quote:
Roethlisberger said he’s still in serious pain, pegging it as “nine on a scale of 1-10.”

He said he’s slept a total of four hours over the last two nights, and wore a sling to talk to reporters because doctors don’t want the rib jostled out of place while it heals.

“I can move [the arm] around, that’s not the issue,” Roethlisberger said. “Sometimes when I do move it the rib will kind of pop out of place again, which is pretty painful. I just try to keep it as still as I can for the most part.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/roethlisberger-shoulder-not-the-biggest-worry/related/

He definitely needs to stop moving that arm! Treats estimation of the likely situation looks to be just about spot on.

This viscerally reminds me way too much of when I was nearly annihilated by a pick-up truck hitting me head on while driving my MGB-GT way back in 85. Many fractured ribs on my left side from the shoulder harness. To think that if an upper rib had dislodged towards my aorta...would likely not be writing this. As it was, I was flat on my back most of a month. The pain . . .

This is going to be a challenging healing process for Ben if he doesn't start to get more sleep, where much of our healing takes place.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that just makes me more pessimistic that he'll be back anytime soon.

I hope he makes a recovery in general. I'd like to see him playing next year, not in a coffin.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Jamey wrote:

Do we know the time table for this type of injury?

My guess is 4-6 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the verdict here? 4-6weeks?

How much time did Amendola miss? I think a month. They said if Danny's dislocated collar bone had gone the wrong way it could have went into an artery. They better make sure this heals right before they let him play again. It sucks because I see Ben missing both ravens games.

Lets ground and puns their arses with Redman, Dwyer and hopefully Mendy. Then throw deep bombs to Wallace. Control time of possession- like ol' times- That's our best chance to win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Curtain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rush him back, this sounds very serious. If we have to end up with a losing season, then so be it. It's the man's health. And on top of that, how effective could he be again this season, given the severity of the injury? Doesn't sound like he should be playing football again for the next few months.

Steelers are just downright unlucky this year. All of the injury problems and now you lose your MVP like that, when he's having a fantastic year.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings fan with a question. How confident are you guys going forward with B-Left, I was always one of his bigger fans when he was with the Jaguars and always hoped he'd get another shot. You guys know him best how do you think he's going to do?

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Vikings fan with a question. How confident are you guys going forward with B-Left, I was always one of his bigger fans when he was with the Jaguars and always hoped he'd get another shot. You guys know him best how do you think he's going to do?

Competent back-up.

In the game manager mold. Won't win if we have to throw 30+ times.

Will need a clean pocket and strong run game to succeed.

May not be a great match for Haley's quick hitting play tendencies.

Brittle.

Glad to have him as a #2. Glad to have Batch around as well as he may falter.

I think he's a guy that can win more than he loses, but I won't be surprised if he crashes and burns either.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: