Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Jamey wrote:
MeanJoeGreen wrote:
The Curtain wrote:
Is there a FA we could sign? Because neither of our options can get the ball out fast enough to run this offense, in my opinion. Lefty looked like he was in slow motion 5 years ago, let alone now. Any time Ben goes down I feel like we're in trouble. In this particular season, when he's hands down our MVP, it's devastating. That defense/run game isn't going to carry the load against teams like Baltimore.

(I dont know how accurate this list is)
Max Hall
Jake Delhomme
Luke McCown
Tyler Palko
J.P. Losman
Donovan McNabb
Mark Brunell
Kevin O’Connell
Kyle Boller
Dennis Dixon
Billy Volek
A.J. Feeley
Kellen Clemens
John Beck

Do you really think any of them could come in and pick up on the offense in a matter of a week(s)? I'm really worried about our QB situation with Leftwich and Batch but I don't think we have any other options unfortunately.

I have to agree with Jamey. There is no reason to bring another QB in. Leftwich and Batch may be fragile and old but they have been in this offense all season long and should have a better grasp of it then any Free Agent that would be brought in. Haley and company will have to come up with a game plan to suit Leftwich better.

Well they'll need another quarterback just in case Leftwich goes down and they're left with just Batch. In hindsight, Steelers should have had at least a 4th quarterback and put him on the practice squad, it's really stupid to go into a season, in a tough division with 3 injury prone quarterbacks.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094511/article/mike-tomlin-ben-roethlisberger-has-shoulder-sprain

Quote:
UPDATE: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed Tuesday that Roethlisberger has a sprained shoulder, more specifically a Sternoclavicular joint injury. Tomlin said Roethlisberger currently is questionable for Sunday's game.

I think Tomlin is being optimistic, that type of injury on his throwing shoulder isn't going to be easy to overcome.

At least nothing is torn or broken by the sound of it. Not sure how long he will be out but as long as he isn't lost for the season then they can weather the storm. Supposedly, according to reports, he also suffered a rib injury as well.

As far as bringing someone in I would imagine it would probably be Jerrod Johnson if they need to since he was in camp and knows the offense.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
tenboots

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel there is any way Ben plays this Sunday, so lets just move on from there.

Leftwich is capable of putting on a winning performance against the Ravens, but our running game and defense MUST be solid to do so. After that, he can surely manage the game against the Browns and hopefully by week 13 @Baltimore.....Ben might be able to play as could Troy and Mendy.

Season is not over.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens signed former #Steelers QB Dennis Dixon.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/268472465871740928

Quote:
#Ravens are possibly signing Dixon in order to prevent the #Steelers from signing him for depth giving Ben Roethlisberger's injury.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/268472900477149184
Tom Brady Tribute
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strategic move Ozzie!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
skywlker32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
#Ravens are possibly signing Dixon in order to prevent the #Steelers from signing him for depth giving Ben Roethlisberger's injury.

Thanks Ravens

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? I wouldnt want to resign Dixon regardless.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ooh so sneaky. Probably would actually mean something if the Steelers had Arians still as offensive coordinator instead of Haley since Dixon doesn't know a lick about the new offense.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we will see the running game back next week Laughing No choice though, because lefty is not good IMO and I am not sure why Batch wasn't 2nd on depth - he played well in 2010.

If Ben can come back for the playoffs, lets hope the running game is going well.

Too bad if he is out for the year because this team was looking to put it all together IMO, really a bad break.

Any news on how long he will be out and the injury details, what details they are actually telling us?
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ooh so sneaky. Probably would actually mean something if the Steelers had Arians still as offensive coordinator instead of Haley since Dixon doesn't know a lick about the new offense.

He didn't know anything about the old offense either. Wink

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of posting this here. Right now, this is probably the best kinf of info that we have IMO. (that's a doctor talking, not LaCanfora or Mike Freeman).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000094444/Big-Ben-injury-update

He also talked about a possible best case scenario:

Ben is back and plays this Sunday...

And how long he thinks will take to Ben be on the field: about 3 weeks
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the Ravens know the Steelers have a new offensive system? Dixon wouldn't know anything about it.
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A sternoclavicular sprain involves ligament damage to the joint connecting the breastbone and clavicle (collarbone) and is very painful. The normal recovery time is three weeks to multiple months.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2945831-85/tomlin-roethlisberger-steelers-ben-injury-questionable-game-leftwich-quarterback-shoulder#ixzz2C9JxJcHJ

Lefty is going to get the majority of snaps this week, but I hope Batch knocks off some rust as well, what if Lefty gets pummeled!

Polamalu is expected to miss his sixth game in a row . . .
greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the past is any indication of what is to come in Big Ben's absence, this will be a mediocre eam. Not terrible, not spectacular but middle of the road. Should Ben miss extended time (rest of season) it would be a reasonable expectation of a 10-6 or 9-7 finish.

Back in 2010, some were doing their best chicken little impersonations with the sky falling and what not when Ben was suspended. We wound up starting out 3-1 with a solid running game, great defensive play and creative coaching. This somewhat different with the Polamalu injury and suspect defensive play at times this season. I have full confidence in the the coaching staff to make the appropriate adjustments pre game...should something else happen in game that may be a different story.

I live in Ohio, heard on the news it was torn ligaments...anybody else hear anything about this? Haven't found any links supporting this so I'm going to assume it's ignorant Cleveland reporting.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/620f6fb6-0abf-43be-a5ff-da613af186fa/?source=twitter

Rib injury maybe more serious than shoulder!! Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: