Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sheard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Sheard Reply with quote

Does anyone know why Sheard hasn't been tried at RDE? Or is this the coaches way of saying he isn't expected to develop into a dominate pass rusher?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheard Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
Does anyone know why Sheard hasn't been tried at RDE? Or is this the coaches way of saying he isn't expected to develop into a dominate pass rusher?

He started out at R.D.E. preseason last year. It is my understanding he feels more comfortable at L.D.E. so the switch was made.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheard Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

He started out at R.D.E. preseason last year. It is my understanding he feels more comfortable at L.D.E. so the switch was made.

Yep, cattleman nailed it. Basically they had him at RDE last year and he told the coaches he wasn't comfortable there. He played LDE in college and that was what he was familiar with so he asked for the change
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with it anyway.. He's an ideal fit for LDE. He's a good pass rusher and a good run defender. I want an elite pass rusher at RDE.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think sheard is a complimentary pass rusher, as in he would be great ot have as your 2nd best pass rusher, he gets to the QB in good time not excellent time. Average premier pass rusher great as your 2nd best pass rusher.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell like a good coach would get more out of Sheard and with time could make him comfortable from either side.

I say a good coach can get more out of him because I see several times per game when Sheard flat out gets off the line and gets around the OT with ease but then never finishes. Some coach somewhere is missing something or not getting it across to Sheard about how to turn the corner. I mean the guy is getting his hips past the OT's hips on a regular basis but instead of turning the corner to go get the QB he almost always runs himself out of the play and the QB steps up to make a pass.

Is it Shurmur, Juaron, Dline coach or is Sheard just not taking well to coaching? I don't know but it is obvious he has the talent to whip RTs on a every down basis because I have seen him do it.

Jamison on the sig
wukusimw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been liking when they stand Sheard up and he rushes, and I wish they would do that 3-4 times a game. When he has it seems he has a little better explosion and has a better angle past the OT. He will only get better with Phil in there. If Winn played next to him that would help as well.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason Sheard has been lackluster this year is due to Phil Taylor being out and for a majority of the games Rubin as well. Sheard is at his best when he's working 1 on 1 with a RT, which requires DT's who eat up double teams like Taylor and Rubin. I like Winn and Hughes, both compliment the others styles well, but neither really draws a double team forcing Sheard to have to fight off 2 OLmen on must snaps

I know this sounds cliche, but having Rubin and Taylor back will improve our front 7 dramatically. From freeing up Sheard more, to keeping our LB's clean to make plays. It's a luxury the team hasn't had all year
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I fell like a good coach would get more out of Sheard and with time could make him comfortable from either side.

I say a good coach can get more out of him because I see several times per game when Sheard flat out gets off the line and gets around the OT with ease but then never finishes. Some coach somewhere is missing something or not getting it across to Sheard about how to turn the corner. I mean the guy is getting his hips past the OT's hips on a regular basis but instead of turning the corner to go get the QB he almost always runs himself out of the play and the QB steps up to make a pass.

Is it Shurmur, Juaron, Dline coach or is Sheard just not taking well to coaching? I don't know but it is obvious he has the talent to whip RTs on a every down basis because I have seen him do it.

My guess is with him being the only pass rushing threat on the DL, he comes to expect chips from RB's and picked up a bad habit of thinking he has to beat a RB on every play, even if one isn't picking him up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: