Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top Ten 3-4 ILB's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
UFgators


Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 518
Location: The SWAMP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Top Ten 3-4 ILB's Reply with quote

Right now, who are the top 10 LB's inside the 3-4 defense...

(count Lee and Lewis even though on I.R.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4253
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Patrick Willis
2. Ray Lewis
3. London Fletcher
4. NaVorro Bowman
5. Darryl Washington
6. Brian Cushing
7. Lawrence Timmons
8. Derrick Johnson
9. Karlos Dansby (if he still plays in a 3-4) if not, Jerod Mayo
10. Donald Butler


Honestly, not too sure about some of these ratings but its a rough estimate, I'm not even sure all these guys play in a 3-4. Laughing but its a rough draft, I'd honestly probably put Cushing 3 but I don't feel like changing it again...

Cushing 3, Fletcher 4, Bowman 5, etc.
_________________


janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29050
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see Ray Lewis as the #2 ILB anymore.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
howie102


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 529
Location: London
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I really don't see Ray Lewis as the #2 ILB anymore.


And Fletcher is finally starting to show his age. Sentiments aside, he doesn't belong on the list at all IMO. His brain remains as sharp and as willing as ever, but his body is failing him.

While I'm largely basing this on heresay and a couple of half-watched Cowboys game, I'd say that Bruce Carter deserves a slice of love in the conversation too. When Lee's back alongside, with Connor keeping them honest, they've got quite the future locked up at ILB.


Last edited by howie102 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4186
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, Willis, Bowman, DJ were 1st team all pro followed by Cushing/Fletcher on 2nd team. Fletcher is getting older while the others remain outstanding. DJ making 1st team on a bad, small market team really shows how good he is. Butler has been impressive. I really like Timmons too.

Ray Lewis does not get a lifetime achievement award here.

1.Willis
2.DJ
3.Washington
4.Bowman
5.Cushing
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of


Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22402
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I really don't see Ray Lewis as the #2 ILB anymore.


Yeah he wasn't really playing all that well this season -- I'd suspect it had to do with the added weight lost.

Willis
Cushing
Washington
DJ
Timmons
Bowman
Lewis
Fletcher

After that it gets fuzzy for me.

I'm not as high on Bowman as some others. I think he's a very good player, and maybe it's just because of what I've seen being a Ravens fan, but I wonder how much of his success is based off of being the guy next to Willis. I've seen many a LB look better than they are due to being the guy next to Ray, and I personally think Bowman is similar in that regard. A very good player, but not quite what he would be being "the guy" himself.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16555
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Patrick Willis
2. Brian Cushing
3. NaVorro Bowman
4. Darryl Washington
5. Sean Lee
6. David Harris
7. Lawrence Timmons
8. Donald Butler
9. Derrick Johnson
10. Bruce Carter

That's my list, come at me bro...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Patrick Willis
2. Brian Cushing
3. Darryl Washington
4. NaVorro Bowman
5. David Harris
6. Sean Lee
7. Derrick Johnson
8. Lawrence Timmons
9. Donald Butler
10. Bruce Carter

I pretty much took Villans' list and made a few slight adjustments.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44706
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Patrick Willis
2. Ray Lewis
3. London Fletcher
4. NaVorro Bowman
5. Darryl Washington
6. Brian Cushing
7. Lawrence Timmons
8. Derrick Johnson
9. Karlos Dansby (if he still plays in a 3-4) if not, Jerod Mayo
10. Donald Butler


Flaccomania wrote:


Willis
Cushing
Washington
DJ
Timmons
Bowman
Lewis
Fletcher

After that it gets fuzzy for me.

No Sean Lee?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Harris should be in the top 10. Probably somewhere in the 5-10 range.

Last edited by green24 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16555
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
1. Patrick Willis
2. Brian Cushing
3. Darryl Washington
4. NaVorro Bowman
5. David Harris
6. Sean Lee
7. Derrick Johnson
8. Lawrence Timmons
9. Donald Butler
10. Bruce Carter

I pretty much took Villans' list and made a few slight adjustments.


You know what's funny, I was debating for a while (and by a while I mean 5 seconds) whether to put Washington or Bowman at #3. So no issues with the re-arranging...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
howie102


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 529
Location: London
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Patrick Willis
2. Ray Lewis
3. London Fletcher
4. NaVorro Bowman
5. Darryl Washington
6. Brian Cushing
7. Lawrence Timmons
8. Derrick Johnson
9. Karlos Dansby (if he still plays in a 3-4) if not, Jerod Mayo
10. Donald Butler


Flaccomania wrote:


Willis
Cushing
Washington
DJ
Timmons
Bowman
Lewis
Fletcher

After that it gets fuzzy for me.

No Sean Lee?


Seems he's an obvious miss by most. Must be on his way, if not already there, to a top-3 spot in most peoples' eyes. Would personally have him just shy of Willis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22402
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Patrick Willis
2. Ray Lewis
3. London Fletcher
4. NaVorro Bowman
5. Darryl Washington
6. Brian Cushing
7. Lawrence Timmons
8. Derrick Johnson
9. Karlos Dansby (if he still plays in a 3-4) if not, Jerod Mayo
10. Donald Butler


Flaccomania wrote:


Willis
Cushing
Washington
DJ
Timmons
Bowman
Lewis
Fletcher

After that it gets fuzzy for me.

No Sean Lee?


Forgot about him in all honesty. I'd have him in the 4 slot most likely.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44706
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie102 wrote:
Seems he's an obvious miss by most. Must be on his way, if not already there, to a top-3 spot in most peoples' eyes. Would personally have him just shy of Willis.


Was just making sure - I know I often times forget someone that should be high on my list just in the rush to put together a list and move on. Didn't know if that was the case or if people truly felt he wasn't a Top 10 ILB. I personally would have him below Willis but ahead of Bowman.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16555
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I'm not as high on Bowman as some others. I think he's a very good player, and maybe it's just because of what I've seen being a Ravens fan, but I wonder how much of his success is based off of being the guy next to Willis. I've seen many a LB look better than they are due to being the guy next to Ray, and I personally think Bowman is similar in that regard. A very good player, but not quite what he would be being "the guy" himself.


You need to stop that. This isn't Ed Hartwell, Bowman is seriously legit. The plays he makes one-on-one in space tackling receivers/backs has very little to do with Willis...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.


Last edited by TheVillain112 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group