Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 "talented" teams
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Top 10 "talented" teams Reply with quote

simply put list the 10 teams that you think are the most talented from top to bottom

1.texans: could use some depth at WR,TE, but overall probably the most balanced/talented roster in the league

2.49ers: defensively alone puts them on this list and overall i don't think there is anyone who is better in the trenches....if they had schaub or a schaub type qb i may put them above the texans....stacked roster

3.NYG: best defensive line talent/depth there o line seems to finally be coming together decently if they could somehow get consistent production from the tight end position and especially the secondary they could take the top spot

4.Ravens:i know there KEY defensive players are looking long in the tooth even the relatively young suggs,webb and ngata haven't looked the same recently and have been banged up but when healthy this team is as good as any in the league imo

5.steelers: again i know the d needs some youth infusion especially in the secondary and it looks like troy may never be the same game wrecker he was a few years back but the d is still serviceable and the offense and more specifically the offensive line looks like it's finally all coming together and of course big ben is hitting his peak

6.falcons: offensive line seems to have been shaky the last few years and they need to find successors to Tony G and turner in the coming off season and probably need to grip a line backer/defensive end up as well but they have talent at important positions in QB,CB,S and WR good looking young team they just need to come together and get it done in the playoffs

7.packers: i like the falcons defense and recievers better then the packers but still the packers have great depth at WR and are set there for now they do need to keep working on that defense especially the secondary and they need to tighten there o line back up get a productive TE(maybe crabtree or quarrels) idk? and get a RUNNING BACK Rodgers/matthews are some of the best building blocks in the league

8.bears: another talented albeit aging defense with a little youth mixed in they are a tight end/offensive linemen or two away from being an even more dangerous team and climbing up this list

9.patriots: if there defense and more specifically the secondary weren't so poor they could be higher as well however tom brady isn't getting any younger even though the team is they NEED to keep that running game going get some talent in the secondary and a receiver to take the top off of defenses

10.seahawks: i wanted to put my cowboys here i really did but i absolutely love the way they are building that seattle team and the defense is awesome wilson needs to become a schaub level qb(not saying thats easy texans fans) however if this team is going to reach its potential and challenge for the NFC west title every year...they def need some better talent at receiver/tight end some depth at RB and i'm sure they need help on the o line (who doesn't) but they are a developed qb and a game breaking receiver away from being at the top end of this list

HM:broncos,eagles,cowboys,lions,vikings,bengals

feel free to disagree lol
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think the Patriots defense is actually pretty talented, I just don't think they perform up to their talent level. Obviously the secondary has issues, but with the addition of Aqib Talib(who I think is a very talented player) I just don't know how anyone can look at that roster on defense and not see all the talent. Look at the Linebackers(which are undeniably some of the most talented in the league), look at the dynamic Chandler Jones, Cunningham, decent Defensive Tackles, Talib, even that secondary has some other talented guys. If you ask me they have more talent than most other defenses in the league.

Also, the Texans depth at Tight End is good. They're one of the most solid teams depth wise at the position. Wide Receiver wise I actually think the depth is ok(and in terms of pure talent their young guys are good) but the top players(which are Johnson and Kevin Walter right now) are subpar. Johnson is still good but he's declined a bit and Walter, while not a bad player, is one of the least talented receivers in the league.

Also I wouldn't list the Vikings as an honorable mention. I think that team is highly lacking in talent. They have a non-talent at Quarterback, slow Linebackers, and while they're not bad players, their Defensive Tackles are easily below average talent wise at this point. Rudolph isn't an impressive Tight End, the receivers outside of Harvin are awful, I don't think that team is that high on talent really.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks decent. Bears over Steelers though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Looks decent. Bears over Steelers though.

i trust the steelers defense (there weakness currently) over your offense (your weakness currently) but honestly when everything is clicking the bears are as good as ANYONE just depends on 1.if cutler gets time 2.if he gets time GOOD jay cutler shows up and 3. most importantly forte gets the ball A LOT
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth at TE?

It's comments like these which makes me question the entire thread.

be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Well I think the Patriots defense is actually pretty talented, I just don't think they perform up to their talent level. Obviously the secondary has issues, but with the addition of Aqib Talib(who I think is a very talented player) I just don't know how anyone can look at that roster on defense and not see all the talent. Look at the Linebackers(which are undeniably some of the most talented in the league), look at the dynamic Chandler Jones, Cunningham, decent Defensive Tackles, Talib, even that secondary has some other talented guys. If you ask me they have more talent than most other defenses in the league.

Also, the Texans depth at Tight End is good. They're one of the most solid teams depth wise at the position. Wide Receiver wise I actually think the depth is ok(and in terms of pure talent their young guys are good) but the top players(which are Johnson and Kevin Walter right now) are subpar. Johnson is still good but he's declined a bit and Walter, while not a bad player, is one of the least talented receivers in the league.

Also I wouldn't list the Vikings as an honorable mention. I think that team is highly lacking in talent. They have a non-talent at Quarterback, slow Linebackers, and while they're not bad players, their Defensive Tackles are easily below average talent wise at this point. Rudolph isn't an impressive Tight End, the receivers outside of Harvin are awful, I don't think that team is that high on talent really.

can't argue with A LOT of this and i know your knowledge of football surpasses mine lol.....i like the vikings in madden maybe that's why i mentioned them lol but yeah they need a good bit of athleticism all over that defense and a good qb.....then maybe they get mentioned.....as far as the pats d goes i guess you are right i just feel if there defense was that good (a lot of people feel a great front 7 masks a weak secondary) then they wouldn't be as seemingly beatable as they have been....it's possible i'm wrong though
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Depth at TE?

It's comments like these which makes me question the entire thread.

talk to me brother.....if i'm wrong thats fine.....i'm just trying to generate genuine discussion not troll
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the Kansas City Chiefs? I thought they had top 5 talents? Laughing
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
Where is the Kansas City Chiefs? I thought they had top 5 talents? Laughing

lmao on paper they may have been top 10 pre season Smile however they've been exposed.....although awful coaching and qb play can cripple ANY team lol
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
talk to me brother.....if i'm wrong thats fine.....i'm just trying to generate genuine discussion not troll

Both James Casey and Garrett Graham have good hands and Casey can line up all over the place.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd swap out Patriots and Seahawks with Buccaneers and Eagles.

I think I'd go with the Giants #1. Maybe the Bears but other than four super talents(Cutler, Marshall, Forte, and Hester) almost all their good players are on one side of the ball.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:

Both James Casey and Garrett Graham have good hands and Casey can line up all over the place.

i think i was honestly just trying to conjure up something negative about the texans not even out of spite but no team is perfect right? lol.....either way i was clearly wrong about there tight end situation my bad
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I think I'd go with the Giants #1. Maybe the Bears but other than four super talents(Cutler, Marshall, Forte, and Hester) almost all their good players are on one side of the ball.

bucs and eagles over seahawks and patriots? how so?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Bucs got

Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Donald Penn, Carl Nicks, Davin Joseph, Gerald McCoy, Michael Bennett, Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Ronde Barber

I think Mark Barrons doing pretty good too.

Eagles got

LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Babin, Trent Cole, Cullen Jenkins, Demeco Ryans, Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Nate Allen(I think they say he's good)

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Bucs got

Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Donald Penn, Carl Nicks, Davin Joseph, Gerald McCoy, Michael Bennett, Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Ronde Barber

I think Mark Barrons doing pretty good too.

Eagles got

LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Babin, Trent Cole, Cullen Jenkins, Demeco Ryans, Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Nate Allen(I think they say he's good)

seahawks have thomas,lynch,browner,sherman,irvin,clemons,bryant,chancellor,okung,unger,tate,mebane,kj wright

it's close.....nate allen really isn't good.....maybe in a league dying for good safety play he seems good......but i watch every eagles game.....nothing special about the guy.....cullen jenkins and babin are pretty one dimensional and neither are great at that dimension right now....also it's unlikely peters will ever be elite again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: