Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DPOY - now a three horse race?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DPOY?
J.J. Watt
49%
 49%  [ 49 ]
Von Miller
27%
 27%  [ 27 ]
Peanut Tillman
16%
 16%  [ 16 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 100

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I'm curious have justin smith or haloti ngata ever put up seasons like jj watts 2012?

i don't think that anyone is suggesting that he isn't something special. To answer your question, no. But they are also very different players than Watt.

I was just trying to highlight the fact that whilst they have had similarly dominant seasons, they have never put up these kind of numbers. And to get DPOY recognition you need the stats.

Because theyre different players thats why. Particularly Haloti Ngata.

I don't know why i bother responding to you but oh well.

The point was never to compare them head to head, i was pointing out the fact that it doesn't matter if you had a really good season if the numbers don't reflect that you ain't sniffing an award like DPOY.

jargin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Von Miller this past Sunday and he was unreal. He was basically like the Chuck Norris of the Broncos.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I'm curious have justin smith or haloti ngata ever put up seasons like jj watts 2012?

No football player ever has had a season like Watt. Best defensive end ever... fo sho.

I saw you were being sarcastic, but choose to ignore you because of the ignorance coupled with that sarcasm.

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

No football player ever has had a season like Watt. Best defensive end ever... fo sho.

Ehhh, let's not go throwing around ever so lightly. Reggie White I think still deserves that title as well as quite a few guys above Watt at the moment.

I think c0in is being sarcastic...I could be wrong..

I guess he was, but I missed it. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
I watched Von Miller this past Sunday and he was unreal. He was basically like the Chuck Norris of the Broncos.

He's been like that almost every game, which is why it's too bad he isn't getting a whole lot of DPOY buzz Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:
Tim
Jennings
Is
Horrible

Maybe
He
Was
When
He
Played
For
Indy
But
Not
Anymore
Ya
Dig

he was worse than horrible. he will come back down to earth soon enough. crappy players have fluke season all the time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
jargin wrote:

He's been like that almost every game, which is why it's too bad he isn't getting a whole lot of DPOY buzz Sad

He has been a total beast all season...but no....Sunday was a sight to see. One of the most dominating performances I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Papa-Pwn wrote:
jargin wrote:

He has been a total beast all season...but no....Sunday was a sight to see. One of the most dominating performances I have ever seen.

Yes he was. First time I've really seen him play with so much anger. I hope he can keep playing like that. Cam now knows not to get Von mad.

This is a close race.Right now it's still Watt. But Von has been on fire lately and has a big chance the next couple of weeks to keep dominating like he is with how weak the schedule gets.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunk-colt wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:
Tim
Jennings
Is
Horrible

Maybe
He
Was
When
He
Played
For
Indy
But
Not
Anymore
Ya
Dig

he was worse than horrible. he will come back down to earth soon enough. crappy players have fluke season all the time

Maybe he was actually really good, and playing him with a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 3 was a bad idea?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt has all the steam right now...I would expect it to go to him. Especially if works on a point system(which I think it does) where like 1st place votes count for a number, and second place votes count for a number.

I think Watt would get all 1st and 2nd place votes where as the other guys might get some 3rd place votes thrown in.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

i don't think that anyone is suggesting that he isn't something special. To answer your question, no. But they are also very different players than Watt.

I was just trying to highlight the fact that whilst they have had similarly dominant seasons, they have never put up these kind of numbers. And to get DPOY recognition you need the stats.

Because theyre different players thats why. Particularly Haloti Ngata.

I don't know why i bother responding to you but oh well.

The point was never to compare them head to head, i was pointing out the fact that it doesn't matter if you had a really good season if the numbers don't reflect that you ain't sniffing an award like DPOY.

Then dont respond to me. You spew nonsense and stupidity but i still respond to you.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunk-colt wrote:

He was pretty good the past two years and has been pretty much dominant this season. I guess you haven't watched him play with the Bears. Guys sometimes change teams and resurrect their careers. It happens.
terbo559

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize Tim Jennings was that good. He is a beast. He is like a smaller version of Charles Tillman but with better ball skills.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMG58 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Papa-Pwn wrote:
jargin wrote:

Yes he was. First time I've really seen him play with so much anger. I hope he can keep playing like that. Cam now knows not to get Von mad.

I know he made reference to Cam after the game, but I think it was Steve Smith's block on the first play from scrimmage that got him going. Von got straight back up and proceeding to completely ruin the entire Panthers gameplan.

MUFC OK
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
jargin wrote:

What? Everyone is saying he is right up there in the top 3 contenders.

Watt has been an animal every game, and people were saying the same things "never seen such a dominant display" about him for weeks.

Its a close thing right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: