Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DPOY - now a three horse race?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DPOY?
J.J. Watt
49%
 49%  [ 49 ]
Von Miller
27%
 27%  [ 27 ]
Peanut Tillman
16%
 16%  [ 16 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 100

EMG58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Aldon Smith said he will text Von Miller later tonight to let him know he passed him for the sack lead Laughing .

broncospride95, Smith was pretty damn good against the Lions. I'm just mentioning that one as it was a Primetime game and you probably caught it.

It's all good. Von will gain the lead again vs. the Chiefs and Brady Quinn starting this week. Very Happy
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, Miller does have a very favorable schedule for him to rack up the sacks. For someone who has the Broncos TM on my fantasy team, I hope they sack Quinn 20 times next week Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Aldon is a great player, he gets so much help from that defense. Justin Smith makes his job a lot easier. Justin looks dominating out there most of the time. While Justin Smith is not as good as Watt, he is not that far behind (clearly behind but still an amazing player). Then you have Aldon who is like Miller (although not as good). It's almost like Watt and Miller playing on the same team! Can you imagine that? It's just ridculous. Whoever is finding defensive talent in San Fran needs a pay raise, they are absolutely loaded. Aldon might be the forth best defensive player on his own team.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying Smith deserves the award, but because we have a lot of talent no one should ever get the DPOY?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Not saying Smith deserves the award, but because we have a lot of talent no one should ever get the DPOY?

Not that they necessarily don't deserve it but they won't get it because of that.

Personally I don't think Smith deserves the award though or even really to be considered. If Smith and Cameron Wake switched places before the season started, don't you think Wake would be doing just as good as Smith is this season? While Smith on Miami would have similar numbers to Wake's number this season? Personally I do. I think talent wise Wake and Smith are pretty close but Smith has the better supporting cast.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cortland Finnegan Is GOAT has to win DPOY for his troll job on Josh Morgan and The Redskins. Arrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grH4Dh82b8E

Hes the best. That should get him in the HOF. Miller'shhmiller .. Cortland is Epic.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportcourt7 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Not that they necessarily don't deserve it but they won't get it because of that.

Personally I don't think Smith deserves the award though or even really to be considered. If Smith and Cameron Wake switched places before the season started, don't you think Wake would be doing just as good as Smith is this season? While Smith on Miami would have similar numbers to Wake's number this season? Personally I do. I think talent wise Wake and Smith are pretty close but Smith has the better supporting cast.

Again, I never said Smith deserves the award, but just because someone plays with a lot of talent shouldn't disqualify them. I'm not sure what their numbers would be if they switched team. Both are great talents so they would produce anywhere. Justin Smith definitely helps Aldon Smith out, but not all his success comes from that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
sportcourt7 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Again, I never said Smith deserves the award, but just because someone plays with a lot of talent shouldn't disqualify them. I'm not sure what their numbers would be if they switched team. Both are great talents so they would produce anywhere. Justin Smith definitely helps Aldon Smith out, but not all his success comes from that.

Yeah I agree. Don't get me wrong Aldon is a great player. I mean I compared him to a guy like Wake because they are both elite players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: