Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Top 5 Up / Down Reply with quote

1. Timmons: Best Steelers player tonight
2. Heath Miller: Came up with huge plays especially early on
3. Woodley in pass-rushing, not so much in run-defending
4. Will Allen stepping up in Polamalu's absence
5. Keenan Lewis playing tremendous coverage once again

1. Running game and run-blocking
2. Injuries to Big Ben and Clark
3. Referees with ticky-tack calls, mostly against the Chiefs
4. Ziggy Hood and Woodley moved off the ball in the first half
5. Allowing them to stay in the game without being able to put it away til OT.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
1. Ryan Clark. Made some key plays, seems to be our most consistent secondary player.

2. Lawrence. On that TD that got called back, he absolutely blew what should be a sure tackle. Other than that though, he seemed to play extremely well, and of course sealed the game.

3. Heath. Early on made some key catches.

4. Defense outside of first couple drives, and last drive of regulation.

5. Receivers. They kept us in this, had some big catches, and Wallace's TD was really amazing.

Down
1. Bens injury.

2. James Harrison just seems to be a shell out there.

3. Run D got owned. Ziggy and Wood especially. Although they shored it up in the second half.

4. Lost both LOS battles IMO.

5. We have no back up QB. Not to say that any team is in a spot for success with their starter out, but Lefty just looked horrible. He made a few decent throws, but honestly he is no threat back there. Someone said we should take a look at a QB later in the draft if one falls, and I agree. It's worth spending a pick on.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leftwich is better than most backups in this league.

You cant expect a backup getting limited snaps to come in and play at a high level.

Leftwich isnt going to wow you...but we can survive with him as long as it isnt for an extended period.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

You cant expect a backup getting limited snaps to come in and play at a high level.

Leftwich isnt going to wow you...but we can survive with him as long as it isnt for an extended period.

Are you more scared of Clark being out a week or two or Big Ben??
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Seriously?

Ben, by far.

Clark will hurt too, especially without Troy, but this team has a much better chance of winning without Clark than it does without Ben....especially vs the Ravens.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Seriously?

Ben, by far.

Clark will hurt too, especially without Troy, but this team has a much better chance of winning without Clark than it does without Ben....especially vs the Ravens.

Fair point, but I thought Ben would miss a game from his first kid anyhow. Im just scared of Mundy starting a whole game!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Seriously?

Ben, by far.

Fair point, but I thought Ben would miss a game from his first kid anyhow. Im just scared of Mundy starting a whole game!!

Hopefully it doesnt happen on Sunday.

And I think we are all afraid of that happening. Crying or Very sad

steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

While I would have definitely agreed with this a year or two ago, I just don't think Lefty has what it takes any more to scrape by.

Now if the run game is there, and he gets good protection all night, then he should be ok. However the Ravens will be keying on stopping the run, and if the past is any indicator, then there will be some pressure on The QB.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't feel he has enough anymore. I want to be clear that this isn't based off of tonight's performance. No one would have come into that situation and played lights out. It's just that he has been on the decline for the last few years now, and I think he's declined to a point where he isn't going to be able to go out there and be effective anymore.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

While I would have definitely agreed with this a year or two ago, I just don't think Lefty has what it takes any more to scrape by.

Now if the run game is there, and he gets good protection all night, then he should be ok. However the Ravens will be keying on stopping the run, and if the past is any indicator, then there will be some pressure on The QB.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't feel he has enough anymore. I want to be clear that this isn't based off of tonight's performance. No one would have come into that situation and played lights out. It's just that he has been on the decline for the last few years now, and I think he's declined to a point where he isn't going to be able to go out there and be effective anymore.

Leftwich doesn't have that much game time in the past few years, so even if he still has the skill to play, I can't see him knocking of the rust in a week.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Seriously?

Ben, by far.

Hopefully it doesnt happen on Sunday.

And I think we are all afraid of that happening. Crying or Very sad

Wow, you're not a fan of Ryan "Miss open field tackles consistently and cause blown coverage assignments regularly" either?? Laughing Wink If Mundy struggles, I really wouldn't mind putting in Golden. I just wanna see how big of a need safety really is.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree... I could only see Lefty beating the Browns of our remaining schedule. He can make 3 or 4 throws a game but he looks scared out there.

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP:

1. Brett Keisel - He had a terrific game. The Beard's best of the season.
2. Lawrence Timmons - Made the biggest play of the game and was all over the field.
3. Third down defense - The Chiefs just went 2-13.
4. Ryan Clark - Playing at a Pro Bowl level. Hopefully he will play against the Ravens.
5. Shaun Suisham - Speaking of a Pro Bowl type of season, he should be at least in the discussion.

DOWN:

1. Roethlisberger's injury - This could completely change the outlook of the entire season.
2. Slow start - I actually thought the Steelers were going to come out and take it to the Chiefs. I figured they learned their lesson against this team last year. Instead they were terrible in the first quarter and only came to life after they were down by ten.
3. Running game - There wasn't one.
4. Tomlin going for it on fourth down - No reason to give the Chiefs momentum right there. Play the field position with the defense dominating. Why give them life and good field position? Fortunately it didn't come back to haunt them.
5. Listening to Bill Hillgrove on the radio - I usually only talk about game related issues but I have to rant here. The Steelers radio play-by-play man is just horrendous to listen to. I just wished there were back to back plays where he could get at least the name of the players right or correctly call how much yardage was gained on the play. It's unbearable to follow what the hell is going on in the game. Tunch Ilkin constantly has to correct him. I rather have a seeing eye-dog bark to me the play-by-play instead.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
UP:

1. Brett Keisel - He had a terrific game.

Forgot about Brett. Also Suisham. He's been pretty lights out!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
UP:

1. Brett Keisel - He had a terrific game.

Forgot about Brett. Also Suisham. He's been pretty lights out!

It's nice to see Suisham rebound strongly from a poor season last year.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Top 5 Up / Down Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
1. Timmons: Best Steelers player tonight
2. Heath Miller: Came up with huge plays especially early on
3. Woodley in pass-rushing, not so much in run-defending
4. Will Allen stepping up in Polamalu's absence
5. Keenan Lewis playing tremendous coverage once again

1. Running game and run-blocking
2. Injuries to Big Ben and Clark
3. Referees with ticky-tack calls, mostly against the Chiefs
4. Ziggy Hood and Woodley moved off the ball in the first half
5. Allowing them to stay in the game without being able to put it away til OT.

I'm curious about anything regarding Lewis's matchup...who was he covering mostly? Cassel doesn't throw to his 2nd WR much. Did you notice tight coverage or just notice that he didn't get beat? I'm pretty sure it was Taylor on the play where Baldwin got hurt.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: