Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Javier & Jalil
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Javier & Jalil Reply with quote

Thoughts? I was very happy with Arenas as our #2 and Jalil made some decent plays tonight although he looked out of place on others.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did better than Routt has this season.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, even despite a bogus PI call....or was it two of them?

Still draft a starter in the 2nd round next year and the DB's will be gravy.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arenas has impressed me in both games the last two weeks. I think he's developing into someone who could give us some flexibility in the draft in not HAVING to draft a corner high. If the value presents itself, sure. But unless a top tier talent falls to us, I'd be cool with hanging with Javi as our starter as long as he can keep up this level of play through the end of the year.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
yeah, even despite a bogus PI call....or was it two of them?

Still draft a starter in the 2nd round next year and the DB's will be gravy.

It is hard to judge Brown on one game considering he has been essentially MIA for most of the year other than as a special teamer. Hopefully he is going to take the next step in his development. I really would prefer Arenas go back to covering the slot. I would not be opposed to going after a free agent like Derek Cox for a reasonable contract and even look at a middle round prospect to develop.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one time Arenas got burned was when he was in the slot. It's one game, but Arenas looked better as a boundary guy then he has in the slot this year at least.

I'd like us to look at a mid-round guy that is tall, who can cover bigger guys better. If Arenas is going to be our #2, that's both starters under 5'-10". I'd love to see us land Desmond Trufant or Micah Hyde in the 3rd. Both are 6'-1" and will give us some size outside to help match up better. Right now Brown is the only decent sized guy we've got.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
The one time Arenas got burned was when he was in the slot. It's one game, but Arenas looked better as a boundary guy then he has in the slot this year at least.

I'd like us to look at a mid-round guy that is tall, who can cover bigger guys better. If Arenas is going to be our #2, that's both starters under 5'-10". I'd love to see us land Desmond Trufant or Micah Hyde in the 3rd. Both are 6'-1" and will give us some size outside to help match up better. Right now Brown is the only decent sized guy we've got.

Yeah, that is my concern with Flowers and Arenas outside - their lack of height. Again, you are right it is one game. Teams are going to start to gameplan for Arenas on the outside IMO.

I really don't want to 5'9" cornerbacks on the outside.

Edit : Considering it is one a one game sample size, I am not ready to annoint Arenas as the #2 outside cornerback as well as not discount the body of work as the slot cornerback from one game.

I think Hyde is going to be much better suited at safety and I think Trufant will end up being closer to 5'-11" than 6'-1".

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Arenas has impressed me in both games the last two weeks. I think he's developing into someone who could give us some flexibility in the draft in not HAVING to draft a corner high. If the value presents itself, sure. But unless a top tier talent falls to us, I'd be cool with hanging with Javi as our starter as long as he can keep up this level of play through the end of the year.

I mostly agree, but the question becomes if not CB then what? Sure WR if Bowe is gone...and I still can't get on board with any scenario where he is gone. Sign Albert NOW and franchise Bowe again if we have to, let him play with a new QB and see if wants to keep his Charger, Bowe deserves, KC fans deserve, management (whoever it is) NEEDS to keep him for this team to have the best chance to win.

Anyways back to the draft...I'd rather go best CB available in the 2nd round than a ILB we really like, but I understand if some disagree. I'm sure there will be a CB we like at the top of the 2nd anyway.

So if not CB, then what...QB #2? Very Happy

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

I mostly agree, but the question becomes if not CB then what? Sure WR if Bowe is gone...and I still can't get on board with any scenario where he is gone. Sign Albert NOW and franchise Bowe again if we have to, let him play with a new QB and see if wants to keep his Charger, Bowe deserves, KC fans deserve, management (whoever it is) NEEDS to keep him for this team to have the best chance to win.

Anyways back to the draft...I'd rather go best CB available in the 2nd round than a ILB we really like, but I understand if some disagree. I'm sure there will be a CB we like at the top of the 2nd anyway.

Jordan Poyer needs to be in a Chiefs uniform come April. We will have to move up in the first to grab him but it would be worth it. Geno Smith / Matt Barkley + Poyer would be 2 great moves to help revamp this team. We could give up our third or w.e to jump up and I would be fine with it because we will have a comp pick for Carr.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

We could always use help at safety, with the way we play them. An ILB would help, obviously. We still have no depth at OLB whatsoever. We could use help still at the DE spot, though I have liked Pitoitua's progress. He and Poe had very good games against Pittsburgh last night. TE could still be an issue, if Moeaki's performance last night is an aberration (he's another one I thought had a very good game.) We'll need another WR when Bowe walks. OL depth also, continues to be a problem.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

We could always use help at safety, with the way we play them. An ILB would help, obviously. We still have no depth at OLB whatsoever. We could use help still at the DE spot, though I have liked Pitoitua's progress. He and Poe had very good games against Pittsburgh last night. TE could still be an issue, if Moeaki's performance last night is an aberration (he's another one I thought had a very good game.) We'll need another WR when Bowe walks. OL depth also, continues to be a problem.

Yeah, but this is regarding our 2nd round pick (33 overall)...do we want to use that on a BACKUP OLB, ANOTHER DE, TE, or OL DEPTH? Like I said WR is fine if Bowe walks and I can understand ILB.

EB29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Yeah, but this is regarding our 2nd round pick (33 overall)...do we want to use that on a BACKUP OLB, ANOTHER DE, TE, or OL DEPTH? Like I said WR is fine if Bowe walks and I can understand ILB.

Give me TE all day long at 33. We need a game changer at that position and if the value is right that's a great spot for one.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
shanekc88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi did well. That's all ill say. Had some flashes. He HAS to make that play, us of all teams can't afford to drop a turnover. I agree with drafting another corner on the 3rd at he latest. Monti Te'o should be our pick to solidify our linebackers regardless where we pick. No college QB has proved anything this year. Barkley is not clutch and he has argue able the best WRs in college football. Have not heard of Geno Smith since WV just flat out sucks. I understand there Defense sucks but not first round QB pick should have a record of 5-4? Speaking of which when was a number 1 pick a QB who had a sub par win lose record the year they came out for the draft?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Give me TE all day long at 33. We need a game changer at that position and if the value is right that's a great spot for one.

Maybe...and I did want Dwayne Allen this year...so if Bowe walks, yeah best TE or WR would be great...but if we can keep Bowe, this offense needs very little to be great outside of our new QB. Nothing else but that will noticeably improve us, IMO...other than OC.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Maybe...and I did want Dwayne Allen this year...so if Bowe walks, yeah best TE or WR would be great...but if we can keep Bowe, this offense needs very little to be great outside of our new QB. Nothing else but that will noticeably improve us, IMO...other than OC.

Personally I think there are quite a few quality middle round tight end prospects that could give us good value beyond round 2. It's just my opinion, but I take a set of needs and balance that with a BPA approach when it comes to the player I would like to pick. So if we have CB, ILB, and S as primary needs for example and there is a very solid ILB prospect sitting there at our second round pick, I am going to more than likely grab that prospect depending on the other highest rated prospects at other positions like CB and S in this example.

Now, for me to select a player that isn't necessarily a primary need, that prospect would have to provide tremendous value. So for example if I am going to select an OG in the second round, that prospect should be a better value than any of the other prospects at the primary need positions that are available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: