Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Philip Rivers time in San Diego running out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Phillip Rivers in San Diego Reply with quote

Khalid1287 wrote:
Phillip Rivers is going to stay in San Diego; But i see Norv Turner getting fired after this season

If Turner gets sacked then Rivers is gone as well.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
powderblues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I hate Philip Rivers so much. His smacktalking and his general on the field demeanour makes me want to dropkick my laptop whilst the camera is on him. That said, he doesn't have a prayer behind that Offensive Line. No QB in the league would have moved the ball yesterday, and whilst I think Denver's Defense deserves some credit, the Offensive Line is just an utter disgrace.

For those that didn't watch the game, CBS actually showed a replay that showed just how incompetent they are. Presnap, Rivers could be seen communicating to his Center that he wanted to shift the protection to his right hand side. This can't be a case of "they didn't hear him" because the Center swivled to see Rivers' hand gestures. Rivers then snapped the ball, only for Jeremy Clary to block the inside man giving Von Miller a free run at Rivers. He was sacked within around 1.5 seconds of snapping the ball. Awful.

Thank you, finally some non Charger fans who see whats really going on. Everyone knows Rivers isn't as good as he used to be 2-3 years ago, thats obvious. But the reason he is like he is now is not all his fault. What do you think happens when you lose guys like this:

Vincent Jackson (Pro bowl WR), Darren Sproles (Pro bowl RB), Kris Dielman (Pro bowl Guard), Marcus McNeil (Pro bowl Left Tackle)

and your stubborn front office does nothing about it because they played hard ball with most of those players and cares more about personal business rather than ACTUAL business.

Throw in a guy like Norv Turner in the mix and any team + elite QB will start to decline.

Do you Rivers haters actually think he'd be playing like this if he still had a healthy McNeil & Dielman as well as VJ & Sproles?

Not even a discussion.

Fire AJ and get someone competent running the show.
powderblues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Phillip Rivers in San Diego Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
Khalid1287 wrote:
Phillip Rivers is going to stay in San Diego; But i see Norv Turner getting fired after this season

Bro you're a Redskins fan, your team is notorious for overreacting and getting rid of QB's.

Calm down, you don't get rid of Philip freaking Rivers who was statistically the best QB from 2008-2010 (3 Seasons) just because of a bad season in which he has an offensive line that couldn't stop a San Diego breeze in summer from knocking them over.

You Keep Rivers, fire the GM & Coach and start building around him again. Say what you want about him but did he not play extremely well when there actually was quality O-line and talent around him?
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Phillip Rivers in San Diego Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
Khalid1287 wrote:

Don't see that happening. Even if you get rid of him, who's out there that's any better?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Phillip Rivers in San Diego Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
Khalid1287 wrote:

Don't see that happening. Even if you get rid of him, who's out there that's any better?

Exactly, its not like the Chargers are going to just go to the "Franchise QB App Store" and nab themselves another franchise QB.

Look at teams like the 49ers, Rivers is way better than Smith we all know it. But the 49ers are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than SD. Why? Its more about the quality of the team as a hole and not just the QB.

And the GM is responsible for the quality of the personnel.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner will be out but Rivers will stick around. Most new coaches like to have veteran QBs on the roster... No reason to ditch Rivers and go after someone like Alex Smith or Vick... Not to mention this upcoming QB draft class is rather weak.
x0x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to the Jets.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Going to the Jets.

Please just stop. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
mozwanted

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philip Rivers= Carson Palmer 2.0
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously....I'm genuinely concerned about the absence of KoS in here....

MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to slap him just for how he throws. Looks like a T-rex playing darts. It has benefited my Broncos greatly though.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
I want to slap him just for how he throws. Looks like a T-rex playing darts. It has benefited my Broncos greatly though.

Its also not benefitted you in the past. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
LA Niner Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
LA Niner Fan wrote:
Could see Gruden wanting the job in SD if AJ Smith also gets shown the door. With a vet QB who is relatively young and who has shown more than capable in recent years and a possible move to LA, I think many coaches would want this job. Rivers isn't a mobile QB like Gruden usually prefers, but he used to be very high on him.

Gruden can't do anything. Bleh, I would hate him. Rode Kiffin to the SB then did nothing despite being a proclaimed offensive genius. His best QB in TB? I don't know, you tell me.

He helped build a team that made multiple AFC championships and a Superbowl appearance in Oakland. Plus in TB he inherited an older team that was stripped of draft picks they traded to acquire him and had major salary cap issues.

I think he could do well with a talented QB like Rivers.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA Niner Fan wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
LA Niner Fan wrote:
Could see Gruden wanting the job in SD if AJ Smith also gets shown the door. With a vet QB who is relatively young and who has shown more than capable in recent years and a possible move to LA, I think many coaches would want this job. Rivers isn't a mobile QB like Gruden usually prefers, but he used to be very high on him.

Gruden can't do anything. Bleh, I would hate him. Rode Kiffin to the SB then did nothing despite being a proclaimed offensive genius. His best QB in TB? I don't know, you tell me.

He helped build a team that made multiple AFC championships and a Superbowl appearance in Oakland. Plus in TB he inherited an older team that was stripped of draft picks they traded to acquire him and had major salary cap issues.

I think he could do well with a talented QB like Rivers.

They traded one pick... their 1st the following season... for Gruden that was it. There were no multiple picks changing hands.

Gruden can get a QB to overachieve through scheme, that's what his strength is. He really can't evaluate talent to save his life (Bruce Allen CARRIED him in Tampa in that respect), and Gruden is notorious for trying to do too much.

I'm not saying I would be shocked if Dean Spanos went out and got him because quite frankly Dean Spanos' primary objective is appeasing the casual fans to make sure his gates and revenues stay up, being competitive comes second to the former, and Gruden has "name-recognition" among that casual fan base. But at the same time, I don't see the guy who, for all intents and purposes, kept Norv around because he didn't want to pay a guy $7 million to not coach for him, be the same guy to turn around and buyout the numerous years (at a high rate per year) of Gruden's contract with ABC/ESPN and pay Gruden a hefty coaching contract on top of that.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Isn't it hilarious that Al Davis took a super immobile QB over the greatest HWS WR prospect ever with the #1 pick?

When's the last time the Raiders had a mobile quarterback? Davis loved speed, but he wasn't big on mobile quarterbacks.

Aaron Brooks. Laughing

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: