Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ta'amu waived. Should we claim?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
sign him, we need depth and talent throughout our defense. I believe we have the leadership to keep a kid who recently graduated in line. Besides tanard jackson we havnt had any problems with the law that i can think of.

We may need depth, but depth does us no good from the Prison Leagues.

Leave this guy alone and look for someone in Free Agency.
i think you are jumping the gun here. No one knows what his sentence will be.

Many a player didn't see much time for horrible things they did. Including both Lewis boys from the ravens.

Steelers fans were saying they heard if he claims waivers the steelers will put him on the practice squad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
sign him, we need depth and talent throughout our defense. I believe we have the leadership to keep a kid who recently graduated in line. Besides tanard jackson we havnt had any problems with the law that i can think of.

Many a player didn't see much time for horrible things they did. Including both Lewis boys from the ravens.

Steelers fans were saying they heard if he claims waivers the steelers will put him on the practice squad.

Quote:
The Steelers late Monday afternoon released nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu four days after he apologized and waived his right to a hearing on multiple charges involving DUI, aggravated assault by vehicle and 16 other felony, misdemeanor and summary offenses for which he faces a Dec. 31 arraignment.

Turtle please read the bolded part.

He was suspended two weeks without pay last month following a run-in with police in the city's South Side neighborhood that resulted in more than a dozen charges, including multiple felonies.

I dont think that he can escape jail time with multiple felonies looming at his arraignment. Sorry.

Pass. Let another team deal with this headache, if this can happen in Pittsburgh, it can most certainly happen here and there is more opportunity in D.C. for things like this to happen.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

Quote:
The Steelers late Monday afternoon released nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu four days after he apologized and waived his right to a hearing on multiple charges involving DUI, aggravated assault by vehicle and 16 other felony, misdemeanor and summary offenses for which he faces a Dec. 31 arraignment.

He was suspended two weeks without pay last month following a run-in with police in the city's South Side neighborhood that resulted in more than a dozen charges, including multiple felonies.

I dont think that he can escape jail time with multiple felonies looming at his arraignment. Sorry.

Pass. Let another team deal with this headache, if this can happen in Pittsburgh, it can most certainly happen here and there is more opportunity in D.C. for things like this to happen.

That's why I mentioned 16+ charges including felonies in my post. Must have missed that lol
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

Quote:

That's why I mentioned 16+ charges including felonies in my post. Must have missed that lol

On, no I read that, but I wanted to make it clear that while Ray Lewis escaped murder, Rae Caruth did not. While it is my opinion that Donte Stallworth should have not escaped with a slap on the wrist, something like this in which there are multiple accounts of felonies and misdemeanors that will add up to jail time cannot be looked aside or swept under the carpet just because he apologized and was suspended two games.

While the suspension alleviates what the NFL can do, it does not alleviate what the law can do. I dont expect the law looking a blind eye to something that happened that includes felony charges.

And I wanted Turtle to understand the implications that are involved when you are charged with a felony, in this case, multiple felonies. It is a serious crime and will not go away quietly.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Um facing???

He hasn't been convicted of anything. Everyone is innocent till proven guilty. He will have his day in court. Then we will see what happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While he has not been convicted of anything, because if he was convicted he would most likely be serving some sort of sentence, he has been charged with multiple accounts of felonies and misdemeanors.

Arraignment is a formal reading of a criminal complaint in the presence of the defendant to inform the defendant of the charges against him or her.

And you, yourself, has said that his arraignment is Dec. 31. He has all ready stated that he is not guilty of the charges, but he was arrested for DUI and aggravated vehiclular assault.

Drinking problem, irresponsible, and angry. No thank you. I can deal with hot heads, but not head cases. Especially angry ones.

He has been charged with these crimes and will most likely be convicted of some type of sentence. But hey, he may just get off with community service if he is a first time offender.

But that still doesn't change my stance on if I would want to see Washington bring him here.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
While he has not been convicted of anything, because if he was convicted he would most likely be serving some sort of sentence, he has been charged with multiple accounts of felonies and misdemeanors.

Arraignment is a formal reading of a criminal complaint in the presence of the defendant to inform the defendant of the charges against him or her.

And you, yourself, has said that his arraignment is Dec. 31. He has all ready stated that he is not guilty of the charges, but he was arrested for DUI and aggravated vehiclular assault.

Drinking problem, irresponsible, and angry. No thank you. I can deal with hot heads, but not head cases. Especially angry ones.

He has been charged with these crimes and will most likely be convicted of some type of sentence. But hey, he may just get off with community service if he is a first time offender.

But that still doesn't change my stance on if I would want to see Washington bring him here.
yeah I get all that. Still though, to my knowledge this was his 1st offense in his lifetime. He screwed up and it was huge. I seriously doubt his nfl career is over.

I get why you wouldn't want him in DC, but from what I've heard of him in the past he's a great person like Nagata. I guess time will tell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: