Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Goodbye Kellen Davis Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: The Goodbye Kellen Davis Offseason Reply with quote

The Chicago Bears trade 1[26] to the Arizona Cardinals for 2[41] and 3[73]. The Cardinals can move back into the 1st round and get a QB with a pulse and the Bears can recoup lost picks.

2[41] LB Arthur Brown [Kansas St] 6'1" 230lbs.

Brown might not have Urlacher's size, but he has the speed an coverage ability that the Bears need in the middle of the defense. Brown is one of my favorite LBs in the draft because he plays the game with so much intensity. I think he can do everything that we need and he can bring the energy and the leadership that the defense needs. Brown can take a year to learn behind Urlacher and add size and strength and come back in year 2 at 240lbs with a better understanding of the defense.

2[58] TE Zach Ertz [Stanford] 6'6" 255lbs.

The Bears weakest position is at TE and routinely between their blocking or their recieiving they let the team down and now Kellen Davis is actively hurting the team. Davis stinks, Spaeth is a blocker only and Kyle Adams has not shown any dynamic ability. The Bears add a dynamic pass catching threat that is a willing blocker in Ertz. Ertz has the size [6'6"] and the speed to threaten the middle of the field and keep teams from rolling coverage to Marshall. You may not think that a TE that can catch and threaten the defense is that important, but everything that happens on a pass play is interconnected, by improving at TE Marshall and Jeffery get better because they get more space.

3[73] OT Ried Fragel [Ohio St] 6'8" 310lbs.

The Bears have young developing players at the OT position, but the Bears need to continue to add talent and athletic ability at the OT position increasing the depth and competition of the group. Fragel is a huge ultra athletic former TE that converted last offseason. Fragel needs time, but he has true LT athletic ability and can be developed into a starting LT down the line. Right away he can become the short yardage TE and extra OT.

4. CB Jamar Taylor [Boise St] 5'11" 195lbs.

I do not think that the Bears are going to resign D.J Moore now that he has been benched. The Bears need to add depth behind the starters and develop a new nickle back for when Hayden leaves. Taylor is a physical little guy that will come up and jam the WR and tackle, which is a big plus in this defense.

5. C Ryan Turnley [Pittsburgh] 6'5" 323lbs.

The Bears need a developmental center and he needs to the size that Mike Tice looks for in his OLmen. Tunley will have a year or two to develop behind Garza before he needs to be ready.

6. LB Bruce Taylor [Virginia Tech] 6'2" 240lbs.

The Bears continue to draft developmental LBs in a hope to have replacements in a couple of season for Urlacher and Briggs. Between Thomas, Brown and Taylor they have athletic LBs that can contribute on special teams and develop.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, T. Jackson [2 years 3 million], Blanchard
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher
TE: Ertz, Spaeth, Adams
LT: Webb/Fragel
LG: Rachal [2 years 5 million], E. Williams
C: Garza, Tunley
RG: Louis [4 years 16 million]
RT: Carimi, Brown

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton [5 years 35 million], Collins,
NT: Paea, Okoye
LE: Idonije [1 year 1 million], Wootton
SLB: Roach [2 years 5 million], Costanzo
MLB: Urlacher [2 years 14 million], Brown, Taylor
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden [2 years 3 million], Taylor, Frey
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the OT in the 3rd just because I looks very thin and not his listed 310 he just looks like he'll get pushed around.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
I don't like the OT in the 3rd just because I looks very thin and not his listed 310 he just looks like he'll get pushed around.

Yeah he looks like a LB there, maybe even a safety.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Yeah he looks like a LB there, maybe even a safety.

He is converting from TE.

The easiest thing to do is put on weight.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon...the Bears have had enough talent at the LB position over the years. No reason to go steal Brown from a LB needy team like the Vikes.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, LB and TE are really our only needs...it feels god

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Cmon...the Bears have had enough talent at the LB position over the years. No reason to go steal Brown from a LB needy team like the Vikes.

Give us Kyle Rudolph and we'll give you this Brown guy.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

O-line is a big need as well. They played their best game Sunday, but we still need to upgrade our LT, possibly LG and find an OC for the future.

As for the mock, I like it but we should draft a d-lineman of some kind. IMO DT over DE
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis does stink. Routinely drops easy catches or makes boneheaded mistakes such as penalties/turnovers. I thought he would be one of the more underrated players on the squad heading into the season but boy was I wrong.

They certainly need an upgrade at the TE spot going into next season. Besides Rodriguez, there's not much upside here at the position. Ertz provides a nice balance of pass catching and blocking which would compliment E-Rod well. Either him or Tyler Eifert would be a welcome addition.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Very prophetic. Wink

I'm with CBears, this guy looks like a S or TE...6'8" and only 310 for an OT....eat a sandwich young man, eat a sandwich.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Good start. I personally would not have even questioned it if Davis had been cut on Monday morning after his performance against the Texans. We have Evan Rodriguez that should get a good, hard look as a pass catcher. The dude made tons of plays in college.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
This not a good reason to not draft this guy. He looks thin because he is so tall. BTAIM he will put on weight and strength for a couple of years.

There are no thin tackles at Ohio ST.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Goodbye Kellen Davis Offseason Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The Chicago Bears trade 1[26] to the Arizona Cardinals for 2[41] and 3[73]. The Cardinals can move back into the 1st round and get a QB with a pulse and the Bears can recoup lost picks.

2[41] LB Arthur Brown [Kansas St] 6'1" 230lbs.

Brown might not have Urlacher's size, but he has the speed an coverage ability that the Bears need in the middle of the defense. Brown is one of my favorite LBs in the draft because he plays the game with so much intensity. I think he can do everything that we need and he can bring the energy and the leadership that the defense needs. Brown can take a year to learn behind Urlacher and add size and strength and come back in year 2 at 240lbs with a better understanding of the defense.

2[58] TE Zach Ertz [Stanford] 6'6" 255lbs.

The Bears weakest position is at TE and routinely between their blocking or their recieiving they let the team down and now Kellen Davis is actively hurting the team. Davis stinks, Spaeth is a blocker only and Kyle Adams has not shown any dynamic ability. The Bears add a dynamic pass catching threat that is a willing blocker in Ertz. Ertz has the size [6'6"] and the speed to threaten the middle of the field and keep teams from rolling coverage to Marshall. You may not think that a TE that can catch and threaten the defense is that important, but everything that happens on a pass play is interconnected, by improving at TE Marshall and Jeffery get better because they get more space.

3[73] OT Ried Fragel [Ohio St] 6'8" 310lbs.

The Bears have young developing players at the OT position, but the Bears need to continue to add talent and athletic ability at the OT position increasing the depth and competition of the group. Fragel is a huge ultra athletic former TE that converted last offseason. Fragel needs time, but he has true LT athletic ability and can be developed into a starting LT down the line. Right away he can become the short yardage TE and extra OT.

4. CB Jamar Taylor [Boise St] 5'11" 195lbs.

I do not think that the Bears are going to resign D.J Moore now that he has been benched. The Bears need to add depth behind the starters and develop a new nickle back for when Hayden leaves. Taylor is a physical little guy that will come up and jam the WR and tackle, which is a big plus in this defense.

5. C Ryan Turnley [Pittsburgh] 6'5" 323lbs.

The Bears need a developmental center and he needs to the size that Mike Tice looks for in his OLmen. Tunley will have a year or two to develop behind Garza before he needs to be ready.

6. LB Bruce Taylor [Virginia Tech] 6'2" 240lbs.

The Bears continue to draft developmental LBs in a hope to have replacements in a couple of season for Urlacher and Briggs. Between Thomas, Brown and Taylor they have athletic LBs that can contribute on special teams and develop.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, T. Jackson [2 years 3 million], Blanchard
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher
TE: Ertz, Spaeth, Adams
LT: Webb/Fragel
LG: Rachal [2 years 5 million], E. Williams
C: Garza, Tunley
RG: Louis [4 years 16 million]
RT: Carimi, Brown

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton [5 years 35 million], Collins,
NT: Paea, Okoye
LE: Idonije [1 year 1 million], Wootton
SLB: Roach [2 years 5 million], Costanzo
MLB: Urlacher [2 years 14 million], Brown, Taylor
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden [2 years 3 million], Taylor, Frey
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter
Nice draft but I just don't think the Bears will draft a TE since they rarely use them on offense.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
Very prophetic. Wink

I'm with CBears, this guy looks like a S or TE...6'8" and only 310 for an OT....eat a sandwich young man, eat a sandwich.
Since he is a convert from TE either A) we switch him back or B) he continues to gain weight. He probably has put on 50-60 lbs in the last year or so.

His frame is exactly what we are looking for. This is a huge man who will get more huge.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
This not a good reason to not draft this guy. He looks thin because he is so tall. BTAIM he will put on weight and strength for a couple of years.

There are no thin tackles at Ohio ST.

It is a very good reason not to draft a project in the 3rd round and on top of it he doesn't even weigh 300 pounds, he is light and looks like going to get pushed around in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: