Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
http://mobile.mlive.com/advannarbor/pm_105108/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=0uggaYwh#incart_river
Quote:
Mel Kiper: Taylor Lewan could rise as high as No. 6 in NFL Draft, Denard Robinson possible 2nd-rounder
Watch Mayhew work his magic. Best player available baby, Mayhew knows best!

I'd be shocked if anyone takes Denard in the 2nd round now that Miami isn't trying to force the wildcat anymore. Pat White, anyone? Oh, wait, I'm sorry, Pat White could actually throw the ball somewhat accurately.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
http://mobile.mlive.com/advannarbor/pm_105108/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=0uggaYwh#incart_river
Quote:
Mel Kiper: Taylor Lewan could rise as high as No. 6 in NFL Draft, Denard Robinson possible 2nd-rounder

I'd be shocked if anyone takes Denard in the 2nd round now that Miami isn't trying to force the wildcat anymore. Pat White, anyone? Oh, wait, I'm sorry, Pat White could actually throw the ball somewhat accurately.

Randall Cobb is probably a better comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

With his top end speed, and ability to change direction I could honestly see him being as dangerous as Josh Cribbs.

I can see Mayhew salivating over Denard, what's that nonsense they were using to hype the Mike Thomas trade? Versatility; ability to play out of the backfield, return kicks, and provide speed at wideout. We may trade up into the bottom of the first for this kid.

Don't act like it can't happen. Look at Mayhew's track record. Derrick Williams, Jahvid Best, Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, and a pretty good sized contract to Nate Burleson along with trading for Mike Thomas. Mayhew loves these guys
1King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

With his top end speed, and ability to change direction I could honestly see him being as dangerous as Josh Cribbs.

I can see Mayhew salivating over Denard, what's that nonsense they were using to hype the Mike Thomas trade? Versatility; ability to play out of the backfield, return kicks, and provide speed at wideout. We may trade up into the bottom of the first for this kid.

Don't act like it can't happen. Look at Mayhew's track record. Derrick Williams, Jahvid Best, Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, and a pretty good sized contract to Nate Burleson along with trading for Mike Thomas. Mayhew loves these guys

The correct Denard Robinson comparison is Antwaan Randle El.

Who btw was a 2nd round pick.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to see what Denard could do out of the backfield, as well as returning punts and kicks.

That being said, I wouldn't try that experiment any earlier than the 4th round.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

That's what Mel said, but Denard was damn near a full-time RB at UM. I believe his max potential would land him Harvin-esque production.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have your thoughts on Oregon products this year?

Dion Jordan DE
Kenjon Barner
Kiko Alonso
John Boyett

Mel Kiper said he has Kenjon Barner as the #1 RB with Lattimore hurt. But I haven't heard anyone say anything about the others. You guys know the draft well.

Sig bet
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Dion Jordan DE
Kenjon Barner
Kiko Alonso
John Boyett

Mel Kiper said he has Kenjon Barner as the #1 RB with Lattimore hurt. But I haven't heard anyone say anything about the others. You guys know the draft well.
Dion Jordan could be a special player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he lined up as a slot CB with his main position being DE?

I think Barner is a good RB, but the concussion history drops him to me.

Haven't seen anything on the other 2, but if I get to them I'll post my opinion here.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
1King wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

That's what Mel said, but Denard was damn near a full-time RB at UM. I believe his max potential would land him Harvin-esque production.

Incorrect (and he's also played in 2 different offenses). And Antwaan Randle El was used in a similar way as Denard was, played in the same conference, similar sized, etc. Randle El is pretty much a perfect comparison.

I do think Denard could be successful at either WR or RB.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
1King wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Quote:

Incorrect (and he's also played in 2 different offenses). And Antwaan Randle El was used in a similar way as Denard was, played in the same conference, similar sized, etc. Randle El is pretty much a perfect comparison.

I do think Denard could be successful at either WR or RB.
I watched both, Randle El did not run inside nearly as often, or effective as Denard. And I understand Denard played in two different schemes, but Randle El was a more accurate passer and Denard did have a stretch where he ran first, passed second.

We agree on what he can do, but we disagree on his NFL equivalent. Percy Harvin is who I liken him to- that's of course if he proves he can catch the football at the Senior Bowl.
beardorama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keeping my eyes on these guys:

OL Warmack
OL Jones
CB Milliner
LB Te'o
SS Elam
DE Jordan

I'm assuming Warmack, Milliner and Te'o would be our 1st Round pick, and that Jones, Elam and Jordan could maybe be had in the 2nd Round or late 1st Round via a trade-up. Still very early, though.

I also like Jordan over a lot of the DE/OLB in this draft; his size (and ability to pack on more weight) as well as his versatility could make him a special player.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Dion Jordan DE
Kenjon Barner
Kiko Alonso
John Boyett

Dion Jordan could be a special player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he lined up as a slot CB with his main position being DE?

Haven't seen anything on the other 2, but if I get to them I'll post my opinion here.
Yeah. Jordan plays OLB/Dropend. So they will go and have him press slot guys and TEs then stay in a zone IIRC.

I think we misuse him. He is a nightmare pass rusher but I guess him pressing guys show's his athletic ability.

Sig bet
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done watching the LSU vs Arkansas game. Eric Reid was very impressive. He was very active, came up and did really well in run support, and had some big hits in the secondary.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Dion Jordan DE
Kenjon Barner
Kiko Alonso
John Boyett

Not sure if you've ever heard of the "joker" position but it's a player on the defense who can line up as a DE in a 4-3 alinement, OLB in a 3-4 or even 4-3, and a DB in certain nickle packages covering RB/TE and at times even slot WR.

Seattle use's this alot in there defense with there safetys and edge rushers.
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 2 of 90

Jump to: