Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally prefer taking Cornelius Washington later. I think he would tear things up in this defense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Latest word is that Margus Hunt won't get out of the first round.

cray
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317041073623011331
I've been watching film on him, and I understand why. He can be just as fast during the game as he was running that 40, at times. And he's just as new to the game as Ansah and Werner, but much more athletically gifted.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Latest word is that Margus Hunt won't get out of the first round.

cray
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317041073623011331
I've been watching film on him, and I understand why. He can be just as fast during the game as he was running that 40, at times. And he's just as new to the game as Ansah and Werner, but much more athletically gifted.

I feel so special picking him in the third round in my first mock, in a really special loser sort of way.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Fisher and David Amerson in for visits today. Given past history of this regime, it's unlikely we draft either of them now.

Amerson said the team views him as a CB, not a safety.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Eric Fisher and David Amerson in for visits today. Given past history of this regime, it's unlikely we draft either of them now.

Does Fisher count as an official visit? I know local schools don't count, but I'm not sure if Central counts as local.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

Amerson is Mayhew's kind of player. Get a guy who plays multiple positions, so when he sucks at the one you thought he could play you can back track and claim versatility.

Sorry, I'm done Laughing
MrDirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Does Fisher count as an official visit? I know local schools don't count, but I'm not sure if Central counts as local.

I couldn't find much about the 'local' rule.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130220/SPORTS0101/302200326

This article talks about 'local' players visiting Detroit, but doesn't mention about the pre-draft visit rule so I don't know if is it just using 'local' in the literal sense or in the sense of players that don't count towards our total number of visits.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Amerson is Mayhew's kind of player. Get a guy who plays multiple positions, so when he sucks at the one you thought he could play you can back track and claim versatility.

Sorry, I'm done Laughing

Amerson's excuse is that he tried for too many picks, per Birkett's tweet.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

This article talks about 'local' players visiting Detroit, but doesn't mention about the pre-draft visit rule so I don't know if is it just using 'local' in the literal sense or in the sense of players that don't count towards our total number of visits.
I'm pretty sure that rule exists. I remember them bringing Joique Bell in for a visit but he didn't count towards our 30 official visits because he was from a local school. I could be mistaken though.

R.I.P. Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I'm pretty sure that rule exists. I remember them bringing Joique Bell in for a visit but he didn't count towards our 30 official visits because he was from a local school. I could be mistaken though.

Would be news to me if that were the case, not that it would surprise me. Then again Wayne State is about 9 miles from the Lions' practice facility and CMU is more like 150. I wouldn't really call that all that local.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Would be news to me if that were the case, not that it would surprise me. Then again Wayne State is about 9 miles from the Lions' practice facility and CMU is more like 150. I wouldn't really call that all that local.
Laughing Yeah, that's why I was wondering what constitutes a school being "local".

R.I.P. Stylish
MrDirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this article from April 2011 talks about the local rule. I assume it is still the same now as it was then.

Quote:
each team may transport a maximum of 30 draft-eligible players to the team’s home city or another location for a one-day physical examination. These players cannot be timed and tested. Interviews and written tests may be conducted during the visit.

Quote:
Players who attend college or reside in a club’s “metropolitan area” can be given a physical examination without counting against the 30-player limit, unless the club provides transportation for the visit. Also, a player who attends college or whose hometown is in a club’s “metropolitan area” may be timed and tested at the club’s facility, as long as the club does not provide transportation.

Quote:
“Metropolitan area” is defined as contiguous suburbs. There isn’t a 25-mile, 50-mile, or any other type of mileage radius rule. The league office uses the 2011 Rand-McNally Road Atlas to determine the metropolitan area of a city.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/05/breaking-down-the-rules-regarding-pre-draft-rookie-visits/
cibowilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Sorry, I'm done Laughing

I actually really want Amerson. I think he is going to end up being one of if not the best CB in the draft. I also think he can be a really good S as well. I've really come around to him with our 2nd pick even.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Sorry, I'm done Laughing

I actually really want Amerson. I think he is going to end up being one of if not the best CB in the draft. I also think he can be a really good S as well. I've really come around to him with our 2nd pick even.
Not high on my wish list.
lions on top

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Sorry, I'm done Laughing

I like him a lot. Really want him at safety though. I think will be like an Ed Reed, allergic to tackling and coverage sometimes but by the end of his career will be up with the top interception totals in NFL history. Don't think he has the playmaker ability to take any pick to the house that Reed had though unfortunately. Still, our defense would be so much better if they got the ball back to our O once in a blue moon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 89 of 90

Jump to: