Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree, a likely first-round pick in the 2013 draft and one of the top prospects at inside linebacker, was arrested recently for DUI.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/

It's too bad, I really liked Ogletree as a prospect. I can't understand why some of these players can't keep their nose clean while they are under the microscope heading up to the draft.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
C, David Quessenberry San Jose State.

Haven't seen much tape, but theres been alot of buzz around this guy since the senior bowl. My buddies from Cal/Ari and Ohio are trying to convence me he's the best C in the draft and better than both Cooper/Jones.

Rolling Eyes

Love this time of the year. People seeminglly rise outta no-where.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Quote:
C, David Quessenberry San Jose State.

Haven't seen much tape, but theres been alot of buzz around this guy since the senior bowl. My buddies from Cal/Ari and Ohio are trying to convence me he's the best C in the draft and better than both Cooper/Jones.

Rolling Eyes

Love this time of the year.
No way in hell he's better than Cooper

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hearing Travis Frederick is the best center in the draft. He definitely has the size I'd love to man the position, and I love offensive lineman from Wisconsin.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredrick dominated some kids in college, but he's 340lbs I believe? Idk, most centers in the NFL are pretty mobile without that much weight, I think Fredrick is best suited to be a guard like Peter Konz. Though they still talk about moving Konz to C in ATL. He was clearly drafted to be a guard since he took most the reps in training camp at guard. Konz also weigh's 20lbs less than Fredrick(though that might mean nothing). I wouldn't be upset if Lions came away with Fredrick though, He'd start somewhere on the interior.

I haven't watched much of Quessenberry. But I don't work much in the winter and I've got time. We'll see how good/consistent he is with the line calls, snaps, blocking etc. I'm just relaying what I'm being told by my personal friends(at least the ones I think are smart about football). Was just wondering if anyone else has heard/watched this guy?

Last edited by Jrugges on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I've been hearing Travis Frederick is the best center in the draft. He definitely has the size I'd love to man the position, and I love offensive lineman from Wisconsin.
Frederick is also very good. He's not the best in pass pro, and gets knocked off balance a lot and struggles to keep guys with very long arms off of him, but he is very strong in the run game, and gets to the next level very well. He is possibly the most talented lineman in the draft but he makes too many mistakes and needs to fix too many little things to really be a great prospect. I can see why people think he can be a 1st rounder, but I feel a early 2nd to early 3rd is his range.

R.I.P. Stylish
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner needs shoulder surgery.
@ttwentyman: Big news already from Combine. Alabama's Dee Milliner needs shoulder surgery, per Adam Schefter. How does that change your feelings on him?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
@ttwentyman: Big news already from Combine. Alabama's Dee Milliner needs shoulder surgery, per Adam Schefter. How does that change your feelings on him?

Was borderline even in consideration at 5 for me, now he's off my board entirely.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

Was borderline even in consideration at 5 for me, now he's off my board entirely.

Depends on the injury. I'm sick of taking beat up guys but if they think he is the best option and its not a potential long term injury, than I am ok with taking him. There are others I likely will prefer, but he is still a top 10-15 talent and that top 10-15 is all pretty close.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

Depends on the injury. I'm sick of taking beat up guys but if they think he is the best option and its not a potential long term injury, than I am ok with taking him. There are others I likely will prefer, but he is still a top 10-15 talent and that top 10-15 is all pretty close.

I did mean off my board for the 5 pick, FWIW. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan needs shoulder surgery as well. Noooooo!!!

That takes significant bulk-up time away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a torn labrum, and they are saying he'll be ready and 100% before the start of TC. Players typically recover from this rather quickly and is something you can actually play with without getting shut down. He's still going to participate in all of the combine drills as well except for the bench press.

Not worried.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim twentyman was reporting from the combine today and quoted Schwartz as saying he was really impressed with Ansah at the senior bowl.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Last edited by diehardlionfan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the Lions to spend a 1st round pick on a top Corner!

Dee Milliner, Alabama - CB

I sick of drafting D line help we have 2 1st round picks wrapped up in two Defensive Tackles we should be able to find 2 Defensive ends to play with such fricking talent!

I want a stud Corner draft Dee Miliner we have been terrible in the back end since I was born half joking about that part but its pretty accurate.

Please LIONS at least draft some help for the back end of the defense even if its a top Safety!! Shocked

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 41 of 90

Jump to: