Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae wrote:
What does everyone think of Rutgers CB, Logan Ryan? I think he could fit in well with our defense.
I'd love to get this guy. i hope teams sleep on him and we get him in the 3rd. id even trade back up into the 2nd for him..or if we happen to trade down in the 2nd that would most likely be my pick.
EhJae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae wrote:
What does everyone think of Rutgers CB, Logan Ryan? I think he could fit in well with our defense.

Also, in a weak TE class where would UCLA TE, Joseph Fauria go? I think the prospect could give us another receiving threat. He has a basketball background and is very athletic (not saying he will be just like him but he reminds me of Jimmy Graham). He has to improve his run blocking though.
#71 Riley Reiff

Last edited by EhJae on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Logan Ryan [CB; Rutgers]

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190
NFL Comparison: Brandon Flowers [CB; Kansas City Chiefs]

Strengths: Logan Ryan isn't afraid of getting physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage in press coverage. Does a good job using his hands to bump a receiver off of his route. Shows smooth hip and does a great job flipping his hip and running with the receiver. Moves well laterally, which makes him hard to beat on the underneath stuff. Has shown the ability to mirror a receiver down the field. His combination of strength and speed, he's tough to beat on the short routes. Has experience in both man and zone coverage. Seems to have strong awareness. Diagnoses plays quickly and reacts accordingly. Very willing to come up in run support. Not afraid to stick his nose up in run support.

Weakness: The biggest knock is that does he have the speed to run with NFL receivers. His straight-line speed is average at best. I'll be curious to see what his 40 yard dash time is. Needs to clean up his footwork and backpedal. Often has too much extra footwork, which can allow the receiver to create separation. Can let the receiver get too close to him when they're blocking. Doesn't have the length or speed to make up for it either. Seems to be much more adept in man coverage than zone coverage, seems to struggle more in zone coverage. Can be overaggressive and misread what the receiver is trying to do.

Overall: Logan Ryan is one of the few cornerbacks who come out almost NFL ready to play press coverage, and he's going to be of value to quite a few teams. But that will be dependent on how he performs at the combine. If he measures in short and runs a slow time, he could see himself fall into Day 3. If he measures what the Rutgers website has him listed at and runs a good 40 time, he could sneak into the first round. Logan Ryan has a lot of momentum with him right now, and it will be interesting to see how he can portray that into this offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae wrote:
EhJae wrote:

Also, in a week TE class where would UCLA TE, Joseph Fauria go? I think the prospect could give us another receiving threat. He has a basketball background and is very athletic (not saying he will be just like him but he reminds me of Jimmy Graham). He has to improve his run blocking though.

I wouldnt exactly call the TE class weak, there may not be an elite level, 1st round caliber TE like a Winslow Jr., Shockey, Davis, etc., but there are a number of guys that could go in the 2-5 range that are pass catching TE's. A lot of the order will likely depend on how guys time at the combine. Most of this year's TE's will have to improve run blocking, except for maybe Ertz from Stanford and Williams from Bama.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
EhJae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Logan Ryan [CB; Rutgers]

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190
NFL Comparison: Brandon Flowers [CB; Kansas City Chiefs]

Strengths: Logan Ryan isn't afraid of getting physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage in press coverage. Does a good job using his hands to bump a receiver off of his route. Shows smooth hip and does a great job flipping his hip and running with the receiver. Moves well laterally, which makes him hard to beat on the underneath stuff. Has shown the ability to mirror a receiver down the field. His combination of strength and speed, he's tough to beat on the short routes. Has experience in both man and zone coverage. Seems to have strong awareness. Diagnoses plays quickly and reacts accordingly. Very willing to come up in run support. Not afraid to stick his nose up in run support.

Weakness: The biggest knock is that does he have the speed to run with NFL receivers. His straight-line speed is average at best. I'll be curious to see what his 40 yard dash time is. Needs to clean up his footwork and backpedal. Often has too much extra footwork, which can allow the receiver to create separation. Can let the receiver get too close to him when they're blocking. Doesn't have the length or speed to make up for it either. Seems to be much more adept in man coverage than zone coverage, seems to struggle more in zone coverage. Can be overaggressive and misread what the receiver is trying to do.

Overall: Logan Ryan is one of the few cornerbacks who come out almost NFL ready to play press coverage, and he's going to be of value to quite a few teams. But that will be dependent on how he performs at the combine. If he measures in short and runs a slow time, he could see himself fall into Day 3. If he measures what the Rutgers website has him listed at and runs a good 40 time, he could sneak into the first round. Logan Ryan has a lot of momentum with him right now, and it will be interesting to see how he can portray that into this offseason.

Definitely a good read, thanks for posting that scouting report!
#71 Riley Reiff
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae that scouting report came from here http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=494155

He does a really good job with player breakdowns and rankings, he also was other scouting reports.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Lions select one of these two players in the first round.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000137989/article/2013-nfl-draft-luke-joeckel-chance-warmack-could-top-field

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000137989/article/2013-nfl-draft-luke-joeckel-chance-warmack-could-top-field
I wonder if FTW gonna ask Brooks where he got that crap from.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
EhJae wrote:
EhJae wrote:

Also, in a week TE class where would UCLA TE, Joseph Fauria go? I think the prospect could give us another receiving threat. He has a basketball background and is very athletic (not saying he will be just like him but he reminds me of Jimmy Graham). He has to improve his run blocking though.

I wouldnt exactly call the TE class weak, there may not be an elite level, 1st round caliber TE like a Winslow Jr., Shockey, Davis, etc., but there are a number of guys that could go in the 2-5 range that are pass catching TE's. A lot of the order will likely depend on how guys time at the combine. Most of this year's TE's will have to improve run blocking, except for maybe Ertz from Stanford and Williams from Bama.

Guys, Gavin Escobar may end up the best TE of this class. Im thinking up a mock with him in the 3rd, but I dont think thats high enough to be honest.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Perhaps.

Personally I don't buy into this draft position and value of position taken. It had some merit prior to the rookie cap but now at pick five the salary paid for that draft position isn't out of line.

Warmack is one of the top players in the draft and is able to step in immediately and will probably play 10+ years at a high level. He has the potential to be the best OG in the league. The Lions can't run between the tackles and he solves that problem increasing the value of Detroit's current running backs.

Since Backus and Raiola were drafted in the first two rounds of the 2001 draft the Lions have invested two picks in the first three rounds on the offensive line that being last years first rounder on RR and the 2008 first rounder on Gosder Cherilus.

By comparison the Lions have spent 16 of the 36 available picks in the first three rounds on offensive skill position players.

Four picks on offensive linemen that have all made an impact. 16 picks on skill players whose impact ranges from CJ and Stafford to a string of ineffective running backs and wide receivers.

A first round pick that represents very low risk and offers the potential for more than 10 years as a starter while increasing the effectiveness of the running game represents real achievable value. Not some imagined value of giving the position played a higher value. I see three players that I feel confident will be effective first year starters and Warmack tops that list.

I would love it if there was a can't miss DE in this draft that could be taken with the five pick but each of the ends has their own unique challenges and none of them are as effective at their respective positions as Warmack is at guard.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
EhJae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
EhJae wrote:
EhJae wrote:

I've heard some people call this a weak draft class (I just went with it). I see your point though, seems like there are a group of TEs who could go day 2/ early day 3.
#71 Riley Reiff
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Perhaps.

Personally I don't buy into this draft position and value of position taken. It had some merit prior to the rookie cap but now at pick five the salary paid for that draft position isn't out of line.

Warmack is one of the top players in the draft and is able to step in immediately and will probably play 10+ years at a high level. He has the potential to be the best OG in the league. The Lions can't run between the tackles and he solves that problem increasing the value of Detroit's current running backs.

Since Backus and Raiola were drafted in the first two rounds of the 2001 draft the Lions have invested two picks in the first three rounds on the offensive line that being last years first rounder on RR and the 2008 first rounder on Gosder Cherilus.

By comparison the Lions have spent 16 of the 36 available picks in the first three rounds on offensive skill position players.

Four picks on offensive linemen that have all made an impact. 16 picks on skill players whose impact ranges from CJ and Stafford to a string of ineffective running backs and wide receivers.

A first round pick that represents very low risk and offers the potential for more than 10 years as a starter while increasing the effectiveness of the running game represents real achievable value. Not some imagined value of giving the position played a higher value. I see three players that I feel confident will be effective first year starters and Warmack tops that list.

I would love it if there was a can't miss DE in this draft that could be taken with the five pick but each of the ends has their own unique challenges and none of them are as effective at their respective positions as Warmack is at guard.
Now that's some real talk.
EhJae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
1King wrote:
EhJae wrote:
EhJae wrote:

Guys, Gavin Escobar may end up the best TE of this class. Im thinking up a mock with him in the 3rd, but I dont think thats high enough to be honest.

After you mentioned him (and I had no idea who he was) I decided to check out some highlights... His hands are very impressive for a TE. There was even a pass that was thrown behind him and he twisted his body just in time to get his hands in position to catch the ball. I know it was just highlights but I'm impressed with his catching ability (especially for a big TE).
#71 Riley Reiff
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty much how I feel DHLF. I see Warmack as the only one in this draft with a good chance to be the best at his position within a year or two in the NFL. Sure others might do it but I just dont see elite impact from many in this draft. I think Ansah has a high ceiling but he also has a low floor. Milliner is the same and IMO could become a top 10 CB but I dont see him ever being in the discussion for top CB.

Give me the guy who has the best Chance of being the best at his position.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
studdogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Perhaps.

Now that's some real talk.

What if your new job was to practice everyday against Suh/Fairley/SLH...dang.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 39 of 90

Jump to: