You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
I found Gil Brandt's comments interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000147380/article/eric-fisher-ezekiel-ansah-among-drafts-future-pro-bowl-players

Find it funny everyone mocked me and laughed at me saying he could do 3-4 OLB and yet many experts are now saying same thing.

I dont agree with everything in article but solid read. Good find

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000147380/article/eric-fisher-ezekiel-ansah-among-drafts-future-pro-bowl-players

Find it funny everyone mocked me and laughed at me saying he could do 3-4 OLB and yet many experts are now saying same thing.

While he CAN do it, I don't think that is where he will be most comfortable nor best utilized. I watched the combine and while he is athletic and can drop back about 10 yards or so, he looked rigid and off balance when asked to turn and run which is what he would have to do if playing in a 3-4.

He imo is best utilized with his hand in dirt in a Wide 9 formation wit plenty of space where he can us his speed, power, and athleticism to beat the OT. What's really great is that he from watching tape is aware of whats going on and attempts to break outside, Ansah having great instincts might pick up on that and come back to make the tackle. It was amazing watching him read and anticipate screens and then make the tfl too.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imBlackSheep wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

While he CAN do it, I don't think that is where he will be most comfortable nor best utilized. I watched the combine and while he is athletic and can drop back about 10 yards or so, he looked rigid and off balance when asked to turn and run which is what he would have to do if playing in a 3-4.

He imo is best utilized with his hand in dirt in a Wide 9 formation wit plenty of space where he can us his speed, power, and athleticism to beat the OT. What's really great is that he from watching tape is aware of whats going on and attempts to break outside, Ansah having great instincts might pick up on that and come back to make the tackle. It was amazing watching him read and anticipate screens and then make the tfl too.
Would you be comfortable with Ansah at #5 (not considering need)?

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
imBlackSheep wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Yep, I would prefer him over the other prospects as well, Milliner I don't want simply because this is vastly deep CB class and I don't think he is playmaking CB that Revis is (especially if his showing at the combine is any indication, guy has bad hands and we need that kind of ballhawk whom can make a play if in the vicinity). He is more akin to that of a faster Quinten Jammer, a nice player to be sure but not worth 5th overall.

I don't want Chance Warmack either, while I think he mostly likely will succeed in the NFL and is imo a "sure thing", that "sure thing" may end up being a just pretty good but not worth taking 5th overall good (think a Ford Mustang V6 whom can get the job done very nicely vs something like a Ford GT for reference, if I'm taking a RG in the 5th overall he better be the Ford GTs of OG and thats not Warmack imo). I think Warford whom is bigger and just as athletic in the 2nd is GREAT value and Frederick out of Wisconsin whom can play OG and C to adds versatility and value in 3rd round.

For me it's eith Ansah whom I would prefer of Fisher. No one else really does it for me.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imBlackSheep wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
imBlackSheep wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Yep, I would prefer him over the other prospects as well, Milliner I don't want simply because this is vastly deep CB class and I don't think he is playmaking CB that Revis is (especially if his showing at the combine is any indication, guy has bad hands and we need that kind of ballhawk whom can make a play if in the vicinity). He is more akin to that of a faster Quinten Jammer, a nice player to be sure but not worth 5th overall.

I don't want Chance Warmack either, while I think he mostly likely will succeed in the NFL and is imo a "sure thing", that "sure thing" may end up being a just pretty good but not worth taking 5th overall good (think a Ford Mustang V6 whom can get the job done very nicely vs something like a Ford GT for reference, if I'm taking a RG in the 5th overall he better be the Ford GTs of OG and thats not Warmack imo). I think Warford whom is bigger and just as athletic in the 2nd is GREAT value and Frederick out of Wisconsin whom can play OG and C to adds versatility and value in 3rd round.

For me it's eith Ansah whom I would prefer of Fisher. No one else really does it for me.
I like this guy. I agree with literally everything you posted. Like, not a single disagreement.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mayhew may opt to fill that role via the draft and met with former Tennessee receiver Justin Hunter, one of the draft's top receiving prospects, on Thursday for the team's first of 30 allotted pre-draft visits.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Justin-Hunter-visits-the-Detroit-Lions-facility/534bba2c-c90d-48fc-8e44-f65d570f1bd6

I like Hunter a lot just uneasy about taking another WR that high.

But maybe I'll change my feelings after I see what the Lions do in Free Agency.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
imBlackSheep wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
imBlackSheep wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I like this guy. I agree with literally everything you posted. Like, not a single disagreement.

You finally have someone else with you in the Ansah camp. Laughing

I dont know about anyone else, but I would love a faster Quentin Jammer. Jammer in his prime was a #1 CB, which is exactly what we lack at the CB position.

That would leave our CB situation like:

#1 CB: Milliner
#2 CB: Houston (assuming he is resigned)
Nickel CB: Bentley
#4/Dime CB: Green
#5 CB: Greenwood

It would give us 2 good starting CB's for the first time that I can remember, a solid nickel/slot CB with upside and 2 other young CB's that have potential and would give them time to develop more to eventually replace Houston when his contract would expire/he retires/he gets cut.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

I dont know about anyone else, but I would love a faster Quentin Jammer. Jammer in his prime was a #1 CB, which is exactly what we lack at the CB position.

Yeah, Jammer in his prime was a top corner in this league, with speed being a slight concern with him. That, and game-changing plays (INT's mostly). Milliner hasn't showed lack of either, yet.
mijags

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does everyone think of damion stafford from nebraska?
bigc421

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i guess at the a&m pro day d.moore increased his bench number from 12a at the combine to 19? A 58%good increase in 2 wks....just think how strong this guy could get by the time camp starts Very Happy Very Happy.

Somethings gotta be up here whether it be something or major or simple a much looser scale for what actually counts as a rep
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
imBlackSheep wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
imBlackSheep wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

You finally have someone else with you in the Ansah camp. Laughing

That would leave our CB situation like:

#1 CB: Milliner
#2 CB: Houston (assuming he is resigned)
Nickel CB: Bentley
#4/Dime CB: Green
#5 CB: Greenwood

It would give us 2 good starting CB's for the first time that I can remember, a solid nickel/slot CB with upside and 2 other young CB's that have potential and would give them time to develop more to eventually replace Houston when his contract would expire/he retires/he gets cut.
I absolutely agree, great comparison. I could get behind that kind of talent at the CB position for once in my life.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
So i guess at the a&m pro day d.moore increased his bench number from 12a at the combine to 19? A 58%good increase in 2 wks....just think how strong this guy could get by the time camp starts Very Happy Very Happy.

Somethings gotta be up here whether it be something or major or simple a much looser scale for what actually counts as a rep
He might have had a leg injury which would explain the poor 40. The bench uses the legs too so if he couldn't put much weight on it that could alter his lift.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

He might have had a leg injury which would explain the poor 40. The bench uses the legs too so if he couldn't put much weight on it that could alter his lift.

Ya, really just a bad day could alter your bench nearly that much. And yes, what counts as a rep is usually much looser at pro days. I don't think either performance says a ton about him either way. We already knew he was a speed guy, not a bull rush guy. And he has long arms so you dont expect a ton of reps. In the end IMO;

LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we don't go DE at 5, I'd still highly consider Damontre Moore if he's available in the 2nd. You don't end up with 12.5 sacks and 21 TFL and lead your team in tackles with no skills.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Assuming we don't go DE at 5, I'd still highly consider Damontre Moore if he's available in the 2nd. You don't end up with 12.5 sacks and 21 TFL and lead your team in tackles with no skills.

Would love this

Our first two picks should be DE and OL, in no particular order (although I don't want us taking and Chances at 5)

When I die I want the Lions to be pallbearers so they can let me down one more time.

No thanks

They would fumble my casket

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 80 of 90

Jump to: