Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ta'amu WAIVED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Ta'amu WAIVED Reply with quote

Steelers sign WR David Gilreath from practice squad to 53-man roster. To make room, rookie NT Alameda Ta'amu is waived.

WOW, how foolish is this?? Get rid of DVD first. Evil or Very Mad
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think waving Ta'amu is foolish. He might be spending some time in jail and probably missing some games by league suspension.

What gets me is why we kept him around for so long. We did the same thing with Saunders.

Looks like NT just became another big need in next years draft.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ta'amu WAIVED Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Steelers sign WR David Gilreath from practice squad to 53-man roster. To make room, rookie NT Alameda Ta'amu is waived.

WOW, how foolish is this?? Get rid of DVD first. Evil or Very Mad

I don't see how this is foolish. I understand being patient with younger players in the maturity department, but what he did was straight up inexcusable.

I did read a Mike Bires tweet saying that he believes Ta'amu'll be resigned to the practice squad though.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you think our 5th round CB notorious for holding on special teams and can't cover very well has more potential than a NT who fell to the 4th round??
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is confused. What 5th round CB?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is confused. What 5th round CB?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
So you think our 5th round CB notorious for holding on special teams and can't cover very well has more potential than a NT who fell to the 4th round??

DeMarcus Van Dyke was a 3rd round pick in 2011. Not sure where the 5th round CB pick from us came from.

Regardless, this is stupid. They kept him after his incident and release him over this? What the hell? Confused
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

DeMarcus Van Dyke was a 3rd round pick in 2011. Not sure where the 5th round CB pick from us came from.

Regardless, this is stupid. They kept him after his incident and release him over this? What the hell? Confused

You do realize they probably released him mainly due to the incident, right? Just because they didnt release him right away doesnt mean jack. It means they were waiting to see how everything shook out.

Anyway....its sucks how this draft class has fallen apart. Two of our first four picks suffered major injuries and this one is gone. Adams is coming along, and Rainey is good, but aside from that, Im not as high on this class as I was a few months ago.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll be back on the PS shortly.

I could be wrong, behind the scenes stuff may simply dictate it is time to move on.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang I meant 5th CB!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked I'm sorry, but I do not approve of this move

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelersFan2333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a shocker after they didn't release him right away, but I wonder if they have finished their legal investigation and know he is screwed? If the legal dept figures hes going away for a few years, might as well move on now, I would guess he had a clause in his contract dealing with something like this
95lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be on the PS, calculated gamble releasing him but what are the odds he doesn't clear waivers considering the impending charges he faces?
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway....its sucks how this draft class has fallen apart. Two of our first four picks suffered major injuries and this one is gone. Adams is coming along, and Rainey is good, but aside from that, Im not as high on this class as I was a few months ago.

If DeCastro turns into a pro bowl quality player next year, I think we'll all forget about the misses in this draft. The prize was and still is DeCastro.

I personally don't feel like a 3-4 defense needs a "great" NT. Should be able to find a FA or draft solution that is average or a little better than average, and get by just fine. Other teams do it. It's not like there was a guarantee or anything that Ta'amu was the answer, anyways.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Quote:

If DeCastro turns into a pro bowl quality player next year, I think we'll all forget about the misses in this draft. The prize was and still is DeCastro.

I personally don't feel like a 3-4 defense needs a "great" NT. Should be able to find a FA or draft solution that is average or a little better than average, and get by just fine. Other teams do it. It's not like there was a guarantee or anything that Ta'amu was the answer, anyways.

Im not even talking about the role of Ta'amu, because that further helps my argument. A 5th corner has far less future help on a 3-4 team than a starting NT and players alone without position in mind, Ta'amu has more potential than DVD. The chances that Ta'amu gets picked up by another team I'd say is 50%. How'd this work out when we tried this with LB Gibson??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: