Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiper's early draft picks for the A.F.C. North
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Kiper's early draft picks for the A.F.C. North Reply with quote

Cinci Matt Elam safety Fla.
Balt. Alec Ogletree i.l.b. ga.
Pitt. John Jenkins d.t. Ga.
and Cleveland

Chance Warmack o.g. Alabama He did say Browns would not take him with a top 5 pick but since the Brown's like to trade down Warmack is the pick.

Now I'm not saying he couldn't be the pick. Say we trade from pick 5 to around pick 20 or so and pick up a second and 2013 1st rounder than it could happen.

Chances have Warmack being our pick is slim. Somebady did post a mock here with Warmack as our pick. Whoever posted that mock would look like a genius if this happened.

5-4-3-2-1 WAITING FOR THE EXPLOSION ON THIS BOARD TO HAPPEN.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kiper's early draft picks for the A.F.C. North Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
and Cleveland

Chance Warmack o.g. Alabama He did say Browns would not take him with a top 5 pick but since the Brown's like to trade down Warmack is the pick.

Now I'm not saying he couldn't be the pick. Say we trade from pick 5 to around pick 20 or so and pick up a second and 2013 1st rounder than it could happen.

Chances have Warmack being our pick is slim. Somebady did post a mock here with Warmack as our pick. Whoever posted that mock would look like a genius if this happened.

Two great minds think alike me and Mel. Laughing

^^^Jamison^^^
roger murdock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack is a much better interior line prospect than decastro in a much weaker draft. I'd be cool with taking him and I hate drafting offensive line.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so an OG instead of a RDE or a LB or CB

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM hate it Evil or Very Mad

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid, I'm tired of plugging inexperienced guys on the o-line. 1 guy can F up all of it.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be worse...
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our off. line is good right now and should get better. To many bigger holes elsewhere.

Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would equate to too much investment in one position group, and of all our position groupings it is an area that is not struggling, i would much prefer to see a pass rusher of a pass rushing lb or a FS or a CB.

On offense i would rather get a good WR or a pass catching TE that is good.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
It would equate to too much investment in one position group, and of all our position groupings it is an area that is not struggling, i would much prefer to see a pass rusher of a pass rushing lb or a FS or a CB.

On offense i would rather get a good WR or a pass catching TE that is good.

You have a short term of us, where I think Mel has a long term... Not saying I completely agree of course, but I think that is where he is coming from on this pick.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if we traded down, it wouldn't be awful, but it would still be pretty bad. A guard in the 1st is a luxury for good teams without a lot of holes. That's not us.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Weeden can actually win some games then trade down is a possibility, but if we are picking at five or higher look for a QB.

Wasn't very impressed with Werner last night at all and am now jumping off his wagon as a top ten pick. Moore is a good player but I see him as a better 3-4 OLB. Would Manti be worth the pick??? I sure wouldn't mind trading down for another first next year and a second this year along with an all-pro guard, safety, CB like Poyer, top WR/TE or a LB like A. Brown.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I suppose if we traded down, it wouldn't be awful, but it would still be pretty bad. A guard in the 1st is a luxury for good teams without a lot of holes. That's not us.

If our guards were down right terrible a trade down than selecting a good guard wouldn't be so bad because you would have extra picks for the other positions. I just don't feel our guards are that bad. They are not great either by any count but are decent.
Hey I'd like to have an all pro at every position but that is just not going to happen.

The way this draft looks I think we could trade down into the twenties and still get a good def. end or corner. I don't see anybody in this draft I just have to get. Take corner is Milliner the top rated corner much better than Banks,Rhodes or even Poyer. Not much difference.

DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Eh, I think guard is actually a pretty important position. Plus, the Browns invested a high draft pick into Trent Richardson, so they should do everything they can to help him be successful and bringing in a top guard would be wise.

I've said numerous times that I'd prefer to sign a guard via free agency. However, if that doesn't happen and there's no other player worth taking that fits a need, then I wouldn't be opposed to trading down and selecting Warmack.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kiper's early draft picks for the A.F.C. North Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
and Cleveland

I had Warmack & Cooper going to us 1-2
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
The way this draft looks I think we could trade down into the twenties and still get a good def. end or corner.

This is where I am right now. The 1st round looks decently deep for DE's. Not quite as strong for CB's, but still decent. I'd much prefer to take 1 of the DE's than take a guard.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: