Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Haslam fire Shurmur now?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 24 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Other, and why?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

I have seen all I need to see.

I say get rid of this idiot now.

Bye week is a good time for it...gives the temporary HC time.

How about you?
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he should fire him now. Wait till after the season. I don't see this team improving with an interim head coach.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

How about you?

What would it accomplish?

Would firing Shurmur improve Brad Childress' play calling?
Would it improve our shoddy defense?

All it would do is change the name on the head coaches' parking spot until February.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
I don't think he should fire him now. Wait till after the season. I don't see this team improving with an interim head coach.

Might improve the team now and more importantly will start the process of fixing the coaching staff.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:

How about you?

What would it accomplish?

Would firing Shurmur improve Brad Childress' play calling?
Would it improve our shoddy defense?

All it would do is change the name on the head coaches' parking spot until February.

Shurmur calls the plays. That is part of the reason that we are a cluster on O.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Might improve the team now and more importantly will start the process of fixing the coaching staff.

The whole staff is gonna be gone at the end of the year. If we had an interim head coach, it would be someone who is already here, who won't be here next year.

I just don't see the point.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would it hurt?

Incompetent head coach that can't even get the play call in on time.

If I'm Haslam - Jouron is my intern and I make a statement.

I'm on board with firing Shurmer now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

The whole staff is gonna be gone at the end of the year. If we had an interim head coach, it would be someone who is already here, who won't be here next year.

Starting the change process and eradicating the bad influences on the players. It will put everyone on their toes.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

This seems to be the professional approach which I do somewhat understand if we were talking about years past. We've done that approach with everyone else I'd like to try a different one, what would it hurt?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't translate to more wins, but lets be honest its not like keeping him is going to mean more wins either.

I'm not a fan of firing a HC mid season, but I'm less of a fan of keeping a HC in place when everyone knows he is gone. Dead man walking...

It will allow haslam and banner to start the coaching search sooner. NFL teams likely to be looking for a new coach next year include the browns, chiefs, chargers, jets, bills, raiders, ??? Maybe even New Orleans with Peyton likely to test the market. It wouldn't hurt to get in front of the line

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
It won't translate to more wins, but lets be honest its not like keeping him is going to mean more wins either.

I'm not a fan of firing a HC mid season, but I'm less of a fan of keeping a HC in place when everyone knows he is gone. Dead man walking...

It will allow haslam and banner to start the coaching search sooner. NFL teams likely to be looking for a new coach next year include the browns, chiefs, chargers, jets... Maybe even New Orleans with Peyton likely to test the market. It wouldn't hurt to get in front of the line

No, it wont, unless you want to somethign dumb and hand over picks because you tampered with other NFL teams
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

It will allow haslam and banner to start the coaching search sooner. NFL teams likely to be looking for a new coach next year include the browns, chiefs, chargers, jets... Maybe even New Orleans with Peyton likely to test the market. It wouldn't hurt to get in front of the line

I dont see how it helps anyone start anything early. No one is going to interview until after the season's over anyway
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

No, it wont, unless you want to somethign dumb and hand over picks because you tampered with other NFL teams

Sorry genius, but tampering only applies when speaking to other nfl coaches currently under contract. I never said anything about tampering, which is beyond obvious even for someone like you.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Sorry genius, but tampering only applies when speaking to other nfl coaches currently under contract.

Yeah so lets go for those fired ones

good call

unless you're talking about the risky jump into NCAA which i think is dumb.
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Sorry genius, but tampering only applies when speaking to other nfl coaches currently under contract.

Yeah so lets go for those fired ones

good call

unless you're talking about the risky jump into NCAA which i think is dumb.

His contract voided by the league so he wasn't fired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: