Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Spikes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
swolfdab wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
swolfdab wrote:
I wish we had a guy like Spikes on our team. A guy who displays a nasty streak, who the defense can rally behind after big plays like he makes. We lack a nasty factor on defense, and that's what Spikes provides the Patriots. It's football. Stop crying.

Haha, I don't want somebody on our team who will give us a bad reputation, AND give us a 15 yd penalty every time he tackles someone.

Neither of those things constitute Spikes' game. He's clean, but very physical. There's a difference, but not always differentiated if a guy is brash about it.

He's clean? I am not saying that hit on Fitz was dirty but the shot to Jackson he clearly targeted the head, and the cheap shot on Chandler in the first game. I admire the passion and physical style he brings to the game and we clearly lack that but I want someone who is going to play the game right.

Exactly. Clay Matthews is clean, and very talented. Spikes is talented, but very dirty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate him playing against him, but would love him on our team.
Our defense is as soft as butter, and full of guys who don't care.

Give me a guy like Kam Chancellor or even Spikes, they play with a nasty steak(like our early 90s defenses), put fear on other teams, and aren't the cleanest on the planet, but far from dirty.
And having them in your defense, no way anybody would take a run at Freddy, CJ, Fitz...
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
He's clean? I am not saying that hit on Fitz was dirty but the shot to Jackson he clearly targeted the head, and the cheap shot on Chandler in the first game. I admire the passion and physical style he brings to the game and we clearly lack that but I want someone who is going to play the game right.
There was absolutely nothing at all against the rules with Spikes' hit on Jackson. There's definitely an argument to be made for ball carriers getting some kind of protection, but right now they get none at all.

Also, the Pats' starting right guard, Dan Connolly was knocked out of the game by a cheap shot by Kyle Moore. I better go make a thread about it.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
There was absolutely nothing at all against the rules with Spikes' hit on Jackson. There's definitely an argument to be made for ball carriers getting some kind of protection, but right now they get none at all.

Also, the Pats' starting right guard, Dan Connolly was knocked out of the game by a cheap shot by Kyle Moore. I better go make a thread about it.

Your right there are no rules against it but it still was a cheap shot. Go ahead Kyle Moore has one hit this is a repeat offender and has happened two or three times against us. Let me know what Kyle Moore does next year to your guys and then we can talk.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats fans calling the hit not dirty is a disgrace. If Kelvin Sheppard hit Brady like that, Pats fans would scream for the league office to exile Shep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Pats fans calling the hit not dirty is a disgrace. If Kelvin Sheppard hit Brady like that, Pats fans would scream for the league office to exile Shep.

Very true. Brady would cry about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Sciz. Answer truthfully. If our MLB hit Brady like that, what your reaction be? Also, what would the Pats fans' reaction be?

Our MLB would face a fine/suspension because of it.

Its funny fans can say its not a cheap shot or a dirty hit, until the same exact thing happens to their QB then they're all like ... OMGZ!@@!!@@! I hate ______. He hit my QB ______.

Sciz wrote:

Pic, vid or gif?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Sciz. Answer truthfully. If our MLB hit Brady like that, what your reaction be? Also, what would the Pats fans' reaction be?

Its funny fans can say its not a cheap shot or a dirty hit, until the same exact thing happens to their QB then they're all like ... OMGZ!@@!!@@! I hate ______. He hit my QB ______.
I see no reason Spikes won't be fined. You guys can complain about the hit on Fitz all you want. My problem is with people who complain about the hit on Jackson, which was completely legal.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I see no reason Spikes won't be fined. You guys can complain about the hit on Fitz all you want. My problem is with people who complain about the hit on Jackson, which was completely legal.
I dont disagree with the Jackson hit. What I didnt like was Spikes flexing and showboating while Jackson was still laying on the turf getting checked out. Classless.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I dont disagree with the Jackson hit. What I didnt like was Spikes flexing and showboating while Jackson was still laying on the turf getting checked out. Classless.

Its legal by the rules, but you cant tell me he wasnt head hunting on the play he clearly lower he shoulder into the head. He wont be fined but its something the NFL needs to look at moving forward.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Its legal by the rules, but you cant tell me he wasnt head hunting on the play he clearly lower he shoulder into the head. He wont be fined but its something the NFL needs to look at moving forward.

Again, it's the classless act of flexing while Jackson is being treated for a brain injury that really got us pissed off on that play. There's no way to get around it, he has NO respect for the game of football or its players.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Bills fan.

I have no beef with Brandon Spikes or the way he plays the game.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me some Brandon Spikes....you all are simply mad because he plays against you. If he played for Buffalo you'd be defending him just like Pats fans are.

The hit on Jackson was the same type of hit 99% of Linebackers in the league today try to do to runners with the ball. Just because Spikes is one of the best at it, doesn't make him dirty.

Are you seriously trying to sit there and tell me you don't see LBs lower their heads/shoulders and plow into the runners heads all the time???

Jackson was a runner, and he got hit hard and LEGALLY by Spikes, get over it.

And let's not act like he was being treated for a severed spine while Spikes flexed. He was moving his extremities and talking to his trainers. and None of us know what the circumstances around him flexing were...how do we know if some of Jackson's teammates weren't talking crap to Spikes while Jackson was getting looked at and he did it in return. Not saying that's the case, but to call him dirty because he made a good play and caused a fumble is just dumb.

The Facts are this....the hit on Fitz wasn't half as bad as you guys are making it out to be. It was high, but not dangerous at all and not with a lot of force to Fitz head. The ONLY reason it looked bad at first was because his helmet came off when he hit the ground. The Pats were penalized for the hit, spikes will most likely be fined, so get over it.

The Jackson hit was simply a hard and legal hit. That is all there is to it. Stop crying.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Again, it's the classless act of flexing while Jackson is being treated for a brain injury that really got us pissed off on that play. There's no way to get around it, he has NO respect for the game of football or its players.

You have absolutely NO way of proving that one way or the other. Unless you know him on a personal level and how he feels about the game of football.

I've looked up a bunch of different poles on who the dirtiest players in the NFL are over the past few seasons and not once was Spikes mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
I love me some Brandon Spikes....you all are simply mad because he plays against you. If he played for Buffalo you'd be defending him just like Pats fans are.

The hit on Jackson was the same type of hit 99% of Linebackers in the league today try to do to runners with the ball. Just because Spikes is one of the best at it, doesn't make him dirty.

Are you seriously trying to sit there and tell me you don't see LBs lower their heads/shoulders and plow into the runners heads all the time???

Jackson was a runner, and he got hit hard and LEGALLY by Spikes, get over it.

And let's not act like he was being treated for a severed spine while Spikes flexed. He was moving his extremities and talking to his trainers. and None of us know what the circumstances around him flexing were...how do we know if some of Jackson's teammates weren't talking crap to Spikes while Jackson was getting looked at and he did it in return. Not saying that's the case, but to call him dirty because he made a good play and caused a fumble is just dumb.

The Facts are this....the hit on Fitz wasn't half as bad as you guys are making it out to be. It was high, but not dangerous at all and not with a lot of force to Fitz head. The ONLY reason it looked bad at first was because his helmet came off when he hit the ground. The Pats were penalized for the hit, spikes will most likely be fined, so get over it.

The Jackson hit was simply a hard and legal hit. That is all there is to it. Stop crying.
Hey yeah, thanks for the insight but we all know what we saw and we saw Spikes who is a headhunter go after our QB with a high late hit that took his helmet off. I mean you can sit there and defend him but the fact of the matter is that it was dirty and cheap and you bet ur bottom dollar that if Brady woulda been hit like Fitz was we would all have heard a huge New England accent whine about how it was a dirty hit and our player should be suspended.

The hit on Jackson wasnt dirty or illegal, but he is very classless for celebrating hurting a player.

Its simple hes a punk and stubborn Pats fans will defend him because he is their player.

Also, I am not "mad" that Spikes plays against me, would I like to have him on my team? sure, but I am certainly not mad we have to play against him. Nice try though.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: