Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: EDS Reply with quote

What does everyone think about him? Detroit will be his 4th start (2nd at LG) in his NFL career but he seems to be a solid OL. Looked back at last Sunday's game, and he only got beat in the run game once and zero times in the pass. He's got some problems with second level blocking from what I've seen, but he's got dude's on islands for days. Nothing that is truly amazing but looks the part of a starting OL in the NFL. I don't want to mess up Palmy's words, but I think he said that in a fair fight at C EDS would beat out Saturday. EDS package with Starks and the amount of OL on the opening day roster start to make since as evidence of the coaching staff thinking the same thoughts.

Just my $0.02.

#FREEBARRINGTON
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a better answer for you after Sunday. IIRC he gave up a sack to Suh when Flynn was in last year? Other than that I have not noticed anything bad about him. I'm ready to see how well we runt the ball to the left. I still think Starks running right is our best bet...

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I'll have a better answer for you after Sunday. IIRC he gave up a sack to Suh when Flynn was in last year? Other than that I have not noticed anything bad about him. I'm ready to see how well we runt the ball to the left. I still think Starks running right is our best bet...

Did EDS play in the week 17 game that Flynn started last year? I know the game where he came in as an injury replacement and Suh got ejected was in Detroit, and Flynn didn't see the field.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Did EDS play in the week 17 game that Flynn started last year? I know the game where he came in as an injury replacement and Suh got ejected was in Detroit, and Flynn didn't see the field.
Yep and then went full jackass mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN_2vERAuWc
Clown.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
Hawkfan191

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soo Should we reply by doing this..?
first time we get a TD someone lays down, and we have EDS come in and pretend to stomp on them?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
soo Should we reply by doing this..?
first time we get a TD someone lays down, and we have EDS come in and pretend to stomp on them?
No not the first time. Only if it's clear we will win. Up by 20 in the 4th and we get a TD? Yeah then I'm all in favor of it!!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
umphrey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now our line is below average (or worse) everywhere besides RG Sad
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umphrey wrote:
Now our line is below average (or worse) everywhere besides RG Sad
Even Sitton hasn't played that great this season but he could be a victim of circumstance and the cast around him. Also, Newhouse is more average then below average. Now Arizona, there's below average or worse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I just want to say that in camp good chance EDS was a better center than Saturday. Doubt that would be the case today though. Saturday has been playing some solid grade football of late and has not missed pre snap in a hand full of weeks. Saturday is not worth his check, but that's a NFL starting center by grade right now.

As for EDS. Man is going to come to fight each rep. He has his flaws but the man is bull strong and tough as nails. His movement, body control, and balance are less than ideal. But I doubt he will lose you many games at guard and could excel in time at center(though in a much different way than we have seen of late). EDS is very close to Spitz a few years back in many ways. He is going to work for it at the second level and the great 3tech's are going to get him every now and again. Man plays on pride though and has no issue doing what it takes to get the job done no matter how clean or dirty it may seem to others.

At the end of the day you would always look for an upgrade for "that guy" as a starting guard. But given time, you might have something long term there at center. LIS though, much different game than we have seen at center of late. Would be more of a power play in there. Not sure he has the balance or is flat out quick enough to pull some of the stuff this staff has asked of their centers over the past few years.

Like him though. My type of lineman right there. Not a great pure talent but will win his share on guts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: