Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Mock Draft...Jake Long Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Updated Mock Draft...Jake Long Trade Reply with quote

Miami trades Jake Long to IND for 23 overall and 85 overall (3rd round)

Round 1.:
16. WR Justin Hunter Tennessee (potential Tannehill Hunter combo is already getting Dalton Green comparisons)
23. CB Johnathan Banks Mississippi State

Round 2.:
46. OT DJ Fluker Alabama (recent mocks from other sites have Fluker falling to 2nd round)
52. OG Larry Worford Kentucky (upgrade from Jerry or Incognitos replacemet.)

Round 3.:
81. S Robert Lester Alabama
85. WR Da'Rick Rodgers Tennessee Tech (alot of upside but some character issues. havent heard anything bad out of tennessee tech and we need the WR talent)
92. FS Bacarri Rambo Georgia

Round 4.:
112. DE Devin Taylor South Carolina

Round 5.:
144. WR Cobi Hamilton Arkansas

Round 6.:
181. WR Tavarres King Georgia

Round 7.:
208. CB Branden Smith Georgia
210. OT LaAdrian Waddle Texas Tech

Yes, I realize none of you will probably like this draft, but I would. I think there is some great upside to all of these players

hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we franchise Long and trade him? I doubt it happens but I do like your mock.
NBA: New York Knicks
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not trading Jake Long. We're losing him to free agency if anything. That's the most likely scenario. How you have us getting picks for a guy who's going to walk in free agency I don't know. Maybe you think we tag and trade or something.

I doubt it.

Anyway, drafting a 1st round CB makes sense if you let Sean Smith go which is fine by me since his slow, clumsy self can gladly go give up yards and TDs somewhere else BUT in reality we don't play a scheme that requires we have 1st round CBs like Rex or Rob Ryan do. We play a scheme that forces our opponents to drive the ball all the way down the field. We don't gamble on defense and thus we try to generate sufficient pressure such that the odds are in our favor when the opposing offense has to go 80 yards to score.

We're not a sexy defense. We're a relatively conservative defense that wants to play smart and hold our opponents to FGs. We don't want 1st rounders in our secondary.

We want 1st round receiving targets and 1st round pass rushers if anything.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind this draft at ALL! And Hunter is a top favorite for our 1st round pick for myself personally.

HOWEVER...I think you seriously underproject some of the players going. Rule of thumb I follow is typically project players to be gone half a round before their grade.

Fluker will be unlikely to be available. Da'Rick Rodgers and Bacarri Rambo will likely not be available where you have them. Cobi Hamilton will likely be a 3rd round receiver.

Excellent talent, but I think you need to narrow your field and open up the scouting book for more likely scenarios.

Obviously the Jake Long trade is a long shot, so if you're going to go with one of the two 1sts, go Hunter!

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
We're not trading Jake Long. We're losing him to free agency if anything. That's the most likely scenario. How you have us getting picks for a guy who's going to walk in free agency I don't know. Maybe you think we tag and trade or something.

I doubt it.

Anyway, drafting a 1st round CB makes sense if you let Sean Smith go which is fine by me since his slow, clumsy self can gladly go give up yards and TDs somewhere else BUT in reality we don't play a scheme that requires we have 1st round CBs like Rex or Rob Ryan do. We play a scheme that forces our opponents to drive the ball all the way down the field. We don't gamble on defense and thus we try to generate sufficient pressure such that the odds are in our favor when the opposing offense has to go 80 yards to score.

We're not a sexy defense. We're a relatively conservative defense that wants to play smart and hold our opponents to FGs. We don't want 1st rounders in our secondary.

We want 1st round receiving targets and 1st round pass rushers if anything.

okay, so without the Long trade the draft looks like this:

Round 1.:
16. WR Justin Hunter Tennessee (potential Tannehill Hunter combo is already getting Dalton Green comparisons)

Round 2.:
46. OT DJ Fluker Alabama (recent mocks from other sites have Fluker falling to 2nd round)
52. OG Larry Worford Kentucky (upgrade from Jerry or Incognitos replacemet.)

Round 3.:
81. S Robert Lester Alabama
92. FS Bacarri Rambo Georgia

Round 4.:
112. DE Devin Taylor South Carolina

Round 5.:
144. WR Cobi Hamilton Arkansas

Round 6.:
181. WR Tavarres King Georgia

Round 7.:
208. CB Branden Smith Georgia
210. OT LaAdrian Waddle Texas Tech

jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
I don't mind this draft at ALL! And Hunter is a top favorite for our 1st round pick for myself personally.

HOWEVER...I think you seriously underproject some of the players going. Rule of thumb I follow is typically project players to be gone half a round before their grade.

Fluker will be unlikely to be available. Da'Rick Rodgers and Bacarri Rambo will likely not be available where you have them. Cobi Hamilton will likely be a 3rd round receiver.

Excellent talent, but I think you need to narrow your field and open up the scouting book for more likely scenarios.

Obviously the Jake Long trade is a long shot, so if you're going to go with one of the two 1sts, go Hunter!

The projections I have been getting from other sites have those 2 falling an extra round I dont know why, but I am sold on Hunter 100%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: