Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bout that time of year... Atlanta Falcons Mock Draft #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iloxygenil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft, however I don't think it's realistic. It looks far too good to be true. I think the kid in the first round is someone you're just too personally close with and are making him a 1st rounder when he's likely to be there until the mid 3rd, meaning we'd have to take him in the 2nd.

As much as I absolutely want Dent out of the MLB position, and I think this kid would be a great compliment to Kroy with all the movement etc, I'm not sure we can afford taking him that high in the draft.

However if we can get Gillislee in the 3rd round then I'd be okay with it. I love Gillislee as a runner, he runs so hard and always finishes. You guys know I'm a noles fan so for me to compliment a Gayturd is hard, but he really is what we need at a position we desperately need help.

I feel like Ertz is okay, but this TE class just seems very weak to me to replace a HOF guy in Tony G (who I think will be back next year after the way he's played so far)

I absolutely love Brennan Williams I don't think he'll be there in the 4th though, I think he'll end up somewhere in the 2nd round, he's got too much talent.

I like the Glennon pick a lot actually, he's solid, and people need to realize it's basically a 5th round pick we're giving up to have a qualified backup. I like DD too, but we need someone who can come in and keep a similar offense going if Ryan were to go down.

I don't know much about King, but I am not sure going for a WR is something we need to actually draft, we can go fishing in the UDFA pool, I mean Davis looks good out there as a 4th, and HD isn't going anywhere, although I think Davis has more pop than HD does.

I don't know much about Dustin Harris, but if he's an upgrade over Franks, works for me.

I love the size of Barnes, I mean this year is for sure the year if you're in the market for a big space eating DT, which is good for us.
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I KNEW Scar would find a way to get Chase in this.

Backstory- Chase, Scar, and I all went to the same HS. Scar was a year older than me, and I'm a year older than Chase. Having seen him play at Walton as well as watching him all these years at Stanford, I know he looks like a 3-4 guy, but I really do think he could fit in a 4-3. He has the smarts to translate really, really quickly.

Plus he could sub in as an emergency fullback. Laughing
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way Ertz played this weekend, I'd be more than happy with that pick in the second.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:
Oh man, I KNEW Scar would find a way to get Chase in this.

Backstory- Chase, Scar, and I all went to the same HS. Scar was a year older than me, and I'm a year older than Chase. Having seen him play at Walton as well as watching him all these years at Stanford, I know he looks like a 3-4 guy, but I really do think he could fit in a 4-3. He has the smarts to translate really, really quickly.

Plus he could sub in as an emergency fullback. Laughing

I knew there was a reason he picked him. I personally think he could be a 4-3 end, but not warranting that high of a pick as one. He is a mid-2nd round 3-4 OLB and I think he would be best served opposite an elite pass rusher. Nowhere in his game do i see 4-3 MLB. Just my opinion though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: