Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulaga to IR: So'oto Signed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.RodgersNeighborhood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news is that Sherrod practiced today.

http://blog.packers.com/2012/11/12/shields-sherrod-worthy-practice-monday/

Sig by Justo
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
I remember palmy hinting that something has been bothering Bulaga for most of the year. Do you think it contributed to this finally happening?

I thought it was his knee, but the hip always gets affected if the knee is off.

Right. Funny how the body works at times. I had an AC joint done in my shoulder years back, and it was not long before I needed the other done.... Laughing

Everything played out here as I was told though. I don't see an issue long term here, but you need to protect young players from themselves every now and again.

Is there going to be a small drop in overall grade? Sure, but I still say we are fine AS LONG AS WE HAVE NO MORE INJURIES! Lang is every bit as good at RT as he is at LG and EDS will come to fight at guard. If any of our five goes down though...........

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
kgthekid wrote:
I'm thinking the same thing. With signing So'oto, that leaves us Newhouse-EDS-Saturday-Sitton-Lang and...Barclay and Van Roten behind them? That's rather dire. Either TT or the coaching staff is really confident in either Barclay or Van Roten to fill in somewhere if needed, or more optimistic about Sherrod's health than everyone else.

Where are they going to dig up someone better right now? At least these guys should somewhat know the playbook, but any significant upgrade is probably on another roster right now.

You are right, I can't imagine where we'd find someone else now. The line didn't seem to miss a step when Lang moved to RT and EDS to LG against the Cards so as long as these 5 stay healthy we should be okay. Of course staying healthy is a real challenge for us this year. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder if they would move Sitton out to RT should one of our tackles go down. Clearly they would move Lang over should Newhouse go down. But Mac's history would show he strongly prefers those rooks inside if possible. Watching Sitton back at RT would be a fun film read if nothing else..... Laughing
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I just wonder if they would move Sitton out to RT should one of our tackles go down. Clearly they would move Lang over should Newhouse go down. But Mac's history would show he strongly prefers those rooks inside if possible. Watching Sitton back at RT would be a fun film read if nothing else..... Laughing

God help the rusher he gets a hold of
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man was a killer in the run game in college at RT. He would have some issues out there in pro that you don't see from Lang though. Not saying I want to break down that film. Just sayin there would be some fun stuff on there, that's all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody knows if Brett Goode can play center?
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:

You'd probably be better off putting BJ Raji at C.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
Totally asked this a couple weeks ago and no one said anything Laughing I'm not so sure if I want a 255 guy out there playing center in the NFL TBH.

#FREEBARRINGTON
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it would even happen if the house was burning down. Most will move a lineman over and place a TE on the edge if the line is in hardcore injury hell on gameday. At that point, ya cross your fingers and put in your backup QB...... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Sherrod practicing? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, but I thought he was going to IR?!

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
How is Sherrod practicing? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, but I thought he was going to IR?!

Doomsayer speculation based on him being the back end of coming off the PUP instead of the front end. Of course it was a possibility but they still have weeks left to make that decision so there is no sense at all in rushing it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Doubt it would even happen if the house was burning down. Most will move a lineman over and place a TE on the edge if the line is in hardcore injury hell on gameday. At that point, ya cross your fingers and put in your backup QB...... Laughing

If it came down to Jermichael Finley protecting Graham Harrell's blind side, do we laugh or cry?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

If it came down to Jermichael Finley protecting Graham Harrell's blind side, do we laugh or cry?

He said TE, not WR.

Razz

Seriously even in a doomsday scenario, you'd probably see every other TE and maybe even the DL and some LBs put on the edge before Finley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: