Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulaga to IR: So'oto Signed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-line needs to stay healthy after this bit. The worst part is that Sherrod got injured last year. He needed work on the lower half of his body and blowing up your leg isn't exactly a good start to that. So nobody really knows where Sherrod is. Is he back to form of last year? Is he worse? Gotta love Lang's ability to play almost anywhere, remember him playing LT in the NFCCG a couple years ago and kept Peppers quiet. Glad we got him locked up!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause

MM: Bulaga is working out Monday morning, not saying nice things about doctors, he wants to play, but you can't deny what's on scan.

Tough player.

I remember palmy hinting that something has been bothering Bulaga for most of the year. Do you think it contributed to this finally happening?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Seems like we have plenty of OLB.

We really don't after Matthews. Moses and Walden are starting with Zombo as the only reserve. Jones and Lattimore could play there in a pinch I assume, but there's no true depth.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this probably sounds a little ridiculous, but anyone think theres a chance we bring in clifton for a tryout?
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
this probably sounds a little ridiculous, but anyone think theres a chance we bring in clifton for a tryout?

Sure, why not. Actually Clifton played LT not RT so see what Tauscher is up to. Hell maybe Ken Rutgers is available even.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus McNeil time? We could use another OT with a long injury history! Serious, when do we call up Datko?

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the heck do you not bring up datko after this one? that is perplexing as hell
justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
how the heck do you not bring up datko after this one? that is perplexing as hell
All these moves (including OL moves) not involving Datko really give a hand in what the staff thinks about him IMO. I mean there is no point in keeping a 3rd QB on the roster but if you look at the draft picks that haven't made it to Packers opening say rosters since TT came to town (Elmore, Guy, Schlauderaff, Meredith, Clark Harris, David Clowney, Tollefson, Cory Rodgers, Craig Bragg) the odds don't look good for Datko to not only see the field for Green Bay, but to play a down in the NFL.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
packerfan50

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Clifton not have a similar injury like Bulaga's back when Warren Sapp wipped him out during a game? If so, he came back pretty good I would say.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:
Did Clifton not have a similar injury like Bulaga's back when Warren Sapp wipped him out during a game? If so, he came back pretty good I would say.

They were both hip injuries, yes. I don't think Bulaga's was nearly on that level and until we hear more there could be a list of different problems in that area. All we know is they are both hip injuries but Bulaga's might not require surgery and he doesn't think it's bad enough to send him to IR, but it's not his call.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

Sure, why not. Actually Clifton played LT not RT so see what Tauscher is up to. Hell maybe Ken Rutgers is available even.

While the washed up guys are a bit annoying to hear brought up over and over, if you are fine with being one injury away from having Don Barclay as your starting RT or LT then you are equally as crazy. Wink

We need to cut Van Roten or Barclay and bring in an NFL ready OL. It was nice to hide them on our roster much like we have in the past with EDS and Nick McDonald but we don't have that luxury anymore. Cut one of the guys on the PS and hope they clear waivers. Hell even Ray Dominguez, Chris Campbell, Reggie Wells or Herb Taylor would look better as back-ups at this point and they've had at least a year in the NFL and know this scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:

Personally, I do not see the point. We have our starting five Newhouse-EDS-Saturday-Sitton-Lang. Barclay and Van Roten are two backups giving us 7 active guys. Datko most likely would be a game day inactive, so no need to bring him up for that; he essentially is doing that right now just at a much cheaper price. I see the point of having Datko as a backup tackle, but I believe Barclay has experience there as well (something the coaches must feel ok with him playing OT if need be). If Newhouse would go down I believe you would see Lang go to LT and Barclay go to RT and if Lang goes down you would see Barclay to RT.
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

While the washed up guys are a bit annoying to hear brought up over and over, if you are fine with being one injury away from having Don Barclay as your starting RT or LT then you are equally as crazy. Wink

We need to cut Van Roten or Barclay and bring in an NFL ready OL. It was nice to hide them on our roster much like we have in the past with EDS and Nick McDonald but we don't have that luxury anymore. Cut one of the guys on the PS and hope they clear waivers. Hell even Ray Dominguez, Chris Campbell, Reggie Wells or Herb Taylor would look better as back-ups at this point and they've had at least a year in the NFL and know this scheme.

I agree that having an experienced guy to plug in would be nice, but odds are there are probably not any readily available. Personally, I think that Taylor played bad this preseason and would give me no more confidence then Barclay.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I remember palmy hinting that something has been bothering Bulaga for most of the year. Do you think it contributed to this finally happening?

I thought it was his knee, but the hip always gets affected if the knee is off.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get a mulligan?

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: