Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had zero doubts about Kap's skills. He simply is a physical stud. The difference though between physical specimens, or guys with rifle arms, and really good QBs comes in other areas. Tonight he showed he understands our offense really well, he made nice pre-snap reads at the los, made nice judgements about where to go with the ball, and showed a nice degree of "cool" when under pressure. All this bodes well for his future - and of course the 49ers future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the off chance there could anyone here who doesn't remember Kap back at the combine - he ran a faster 40 and threw the ball with more velocity (measured with the gun) than Cam. Tallerthan him and only a few pounds lighter - although he looks like he's put on a few more pounds of muscle since then. Plus he was said to be a hard worker and have a good football mind. The sky's the limit with him folks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st start- 16/23, 243 yards, 70%, 10.5 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack. 133.1 QBR

The Bears average QBR against their defense was 57...highest QBR was 82 by Aaron Rodgers in week 2.

And the kicker....it was against the best defense in the NFL! The highest QBR this Bears D has allowed before tonight was 82 against Aaron Rodgers. Sky is the limit for Kaep.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
On the off chance there could anyone here who doesn't remember Kap back at the combine - he ran a faster 40 and threw the ball with more velocity (measured with the gun) than Cam. Tallerthan him and only a few pounds lighter - although he looks like he's put on a few more pounds of muscle since then. Plus he was said to be a hard worker and have a good football mind. The sky's the limit with him folks!

What I love about him (to date) is that his first instinct isn't to run with the ball. He uses his legs as a secondary weapon, and I think that's a giant problem that a lot of the running QBs have (Vick, Newton, etc). He did so many things right against a really good defense, that it's hard not to be excited about his potential.

No idea what happens from here, but I have to say it's been a LONG time since I've been this comfortable with the QB position.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

What I love about him (to date) is that his first instinct isn't to run with the ball. He uses his legs as a secondary weapon, and I think that's a giant problem that a lot of the running QBs have (Vick, Newton, etc). He did so many things right against a really good defense, that it's hard not to be excited about his potential.

No idea what happens from here, but I have to say it's been a LONG time since I've been this comfortable with the QB position.

I feel the same way. I have confidence in both QB's now. I think it's going to be real interesting this offseason. Now that the whole world knows how good Kaep can be that the first little mistake Alex makes from here on out will be amplified. I feel bad for Alex now but I couldn't be happier for Kaep. Dude is a beast and he's only going to get stronger and better Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

His first college football action was against my Fresno State Bulldogs. We were up by like 28 and this guy came in and brought them all the way back to only lose by 6. I knew his HS RB who played at Fresno State and said Kaepernick was very disappointed Fresno State didn't offer him a scholarship Crying or Very sad . Screw you Pat!!!! But back on topic, the man ended up with close to 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yard in like two in a half quarters. From that game on I knew he was a gamer. Had one of the best collegiate careers in recent memory.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one real sour note with his performance last night: He knocked Randy Moss out of the game. It looked like he really hurt Moss's hand with that blast of a pass and I don't recall Moss returning to the field after that... Sad
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Only one real sour note with his performance last night: He knocked Randy Moss out of the game. It looked like he really hurt Moss's hand with that blast of a pass and I don't recall Moss returning to the field after that... Sad

Moss returned after that for a few plays.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
1st start- 16/23, 243 yards, 70%, 10.5 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack. 133.1 QBR

The Bears average QBR against their defense was 57...highest QBR was 82 by Aaron Rodgers in week 2.

And the kicker....it was against the best defense in the NFL! The highest QBR this Bears D has allowed before tonight was 82 against Aaron Rodgers. Sky is the limit for Kaep.
That stat line says a lot. I think Kaep has the "it" factor that we've been missing at QB for years.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

His speed is super impressive as well. Clocked at a 4.5 but his acceleration is insane. He pulls away from defenders almost immediately. He had me sweating last night a few plays.
scraly47*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admitted that I am excited about the offense we could have in the future. The Kendall Hunter TD is the reason why. Can you imagine having both Him and James in the back field with Kaep running the zone read?

-Lork
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Moss returned after that for a few plays.

I'm interested to see if they will actually try to stretch the field with Moss finally with Kaepernick in the game. Let Moss actually be a deep threat instead of a decoy
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaep impressed me. I havent ever doubted his skills, he is easily one of the most talent QB's in the NFL there just isnt many guys with his talent, skill set an athletic ability an none of that has ever been doubted. Wether he can take control of the offense, how he understood our offense, can he make good throws an decisions an can he do it under pressure can he read a defense an how does he react when his first receiver isnt open an how he reacts to the defense adjustint to him. He looked great the other night an did all or just about all of those things great but needs to prove a lot more an that will take alot more time. I say role with him. I havent ever been a Alex Smith fan but supported him over the last couple of years because we were winning an he was managing the games but I been saying we need a QB who can do more an throw the deep ball, make throws Smith cant some one to take us to the next level. Kaep could be that guy. Worst case he is trade bait an we get good value on him but I hope to see him here an succeeding.

His arm is huge an phew can make such powerful throws. He might throw harder then any one.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

To be fair the Philly version of Vick's first instinct isn't to run, he just has to naturally run for his life behind that putrid Oline of Philadelphia. (Just watch how bad it looks down the stretch with Nick Foles in the game)

Also speaking of dual threat guys, part of me is intrigued because in recent memory most dual threat QBs haven't exactly had great defenses, especially not an elite one. Vick never had anything close to an elite one. The one guy I can think of who did was Kordell Stewart and he just wasn't any good. Or Steve McNair (RIP) had one a year in Baltimore but by that time of his career he wasn't the same player.

Kaepernick could be surrounded by what could be by far the best defensive supporting cast a decent dual threat QB has ever had

So he could really jeopardize the mantra that dual threat QB can't take his team to the Super Bowl if that 49ers quad consistently has a top notch defense going forward
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

To be fair the Philly version of Vick's first instinct isn't to run, he just has to naturally run for his life behind that putrid Oline of Philadelphia. (Just watch how bad it looks down the stretch with Nick Foles in the game)

Also speaking of dual threat guys, part of me is intrigued because in recent memory most dual threat QBs haven't exactly had great defenses, especially not an elite one. Vick never had anything close to an elite one. The one guy I can think of who did was Kordell Stewart and he just wasn't any good. Or Steve McNair (RIP) had one a year in Baltimore but by that time of his career he wasn't the same player.

Kaepernick could be surrounded by what could be by far the best defensive supporting cast a decent dual threat QB has ever had

So he could really jeopardize the mantra that dual threat QB can't take his team to the Super Bowl if that 49ers quad consistently has a top notch defense going forward

That 2000-2001 Titans defense was pretty damn good. #2 only to the Ravens that year and just barely at that.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: