You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas: The Good, the bad and the ugly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Dallas: The Good, the bad and the ugly Reply with quote

Good:

Our defense line just running the game in the trenches.

Our offensive line giving Weeden all day to throw.

WR's for actually functioning.

I know some won't agree, but Weeden. He wasn't perfect, but he made plays when we needed them and he didn't throw any picks.

Bad:
Brown- He got abused

Run Blocking- It's still not where I would like it to be. Yes we gained more than 100, but I thought it was poor in the 2nd half.

Clock Management- Why do you run the 1st and goal play with 5 seconds on the clock before the 2 minute warning. If you let it run out, then Dallas has to use all 3 timeouts instead of 2. That could have drastically altered their game tying drive. It was just dumb [inappropriate/removed] hell and made me flip out.

The Ugly:
Buster Skrine- No words. I still like the kid, but only as a nickel.

Playing 10 yards off receivers in the 2nd half.

Adjustments- We didn't make any, they did. Simple

The Mother****** Worst officiating I have ever seen. This is the closest I've ever come to thinking a game was rigged. Serious

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas: The Good, the bad and the ugly Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
The Mother****** Worst officiating I have ever seen. This is the closest I've ever come to thinking a game was rigged. Serious

Also the worst announcing in the history of football
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ugly :: Sheldon Brown, Buster Skrine

The Bad :: Running the ball 3 straight times inside the 6 and only giving our QB who needs reps 1 chance to make a play. (I'm sure if you looked up the completion percentage for throws to the endzone from inside the 10 it would be less than 50%. In other words you need to give your QB at least 2 shots at it). And - Juaron's refusal to make adjustments on defense.

The Good :: The entire coaching staff just got themselves canned at seasons end and we can move on from this Shurmur disaster.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

I'd like to wait to see what Jauron says in his PC about the coverage. We were down a ton a CB's and Dallas has HUGE big play potential on offense. You can't blame the CB's/Jauron for them playing off given the circumstances.

If in fact that was the game plan, then I think the CB's actually had a OK to almost solid game. They tackled very well (no one can dispute that) and didnt allow much YAC.

The Bad :: Running the ball 3 straight times inside the 6 and only giving our QB who needs reps 1 chance to make a play. (I'm sure if you looked up the completion percentage for throws to the endzone from inside the 10 it would be less than 50%. In other words you need to give your QB at least 2 shots at it). And - Juaron's refusal to make adjustments on defense.

Now, had any one of those plays worked, you wouldn't be saying this. I was thrilled to see Shumur run it three straight times. I actually would have preferred a pitch play or sweep on 3rd or 4th down though.

And again, Jaurons hands were tied b/c of the injuries in the backfield. I really don't get how anyone could fault the guy for doing the only thing he could do.. Would you feel more comfortable with the CB's playing press man against Bryant and Austin and probably getting owned and burned deep? I wouldn't. Jauron did the only thing he could do

The Good :: The entire coaching staff just got themselves canned at seasons end and we can move on from this Shurmur disaster.

The last part I'm really sick of seeing. We get it. Stop whining about it.

I'd like to see the whole FO stay in place another year, but you don't see me gloating about it every chance I get, do you? No.
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I'd like to wait to see what Jauron says in his PC about the coverage. We were down a ton a CB's and Dallas has HUGE big play potential on offense. You can't blame the CB's/Jauron for them playing off given the circumstances.

If in fact that was the game plan, then I think the CB's actually had a OK to almost solid game. They tackled very well (no one can dispute that) and didnt allow much YAC.

Now, had any one of those plays worked, you wouldn't be saying this. I was thrilled to see Shumur run it three straight times. I actually would have preferred a pitch play or sweep on 3rd or 4th down though.

And again, Jaurons hands were tied b/c of the injuries in the backfield. I really don't get how anyone could fault the guy for doing the only thing he could do.. Would you feel more comfortable with the CB's playing press man against Bryant and Austin and probably getting owned and burned deep? I wouldn't. Jauron did the only thing he could do

I'd like to see the whole FO stay in place another year, but you don't see me gloating about it every chance I get, do you? No.

Hey man, you can't blame them for wanting to move away from this "Shurmur disaster" that made us the most consistently competitive team we have ever been. Let's go back to those fluke 10 game win/no playoff seasons and those win one week-then get blown out the next 3 weeks- situations. How about those "make the playoffs then blow a huge lead in the 4th quarter becuase of a lack of defensive talent, lucky to have a lead in the first place" seasons?

Hmmm...maybe you can blame them?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Good - We were in the game the whole time, on the road, and were in the position to actually win the game. This helps a young rookie team like ours. Now we need a coach that can take them to the next level.

Our D-line rocked!

Our WRs are actually catching balls now.

T-rich

Our O-line

Bad - Skrine. Coaching. Play calling at times. Lack of any type of adjustments.

Ugly - The refs. Calling everything and anything against us but yet making sure the cowgirls didn't have to worry about a play clock or false starts, or holding, or blocking in the back....

Seriously the refs drove them down the field.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good... All the browns players, except the DBs played very well. I would have like the offense to be more consistent, but that is the learning process.

The bad... The DBs. But why does this surprise anyone???

The ugly... The officiating. Holy [inappropriate/removed] the officiating was awful... Please bring back the replacements!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

1. Wrong. We were not playing that far off to begin the game and again if it were the game plan if obviously was not working in the 2nd half and Jauron refused to make changes.

2. Wrong again. Go back to the game day thread I said it was a bad call before it even happened. I knew conservative Shurmur was going to do it and he did it. I was actually expecting 3 runs and a FG.

3. You are right it is finaly time to stop whining because well its over for this joke coaching staff so I don't need to whine I will just let it play out. After all next year I will not have to deal with it anymore.

On your part about wanting the entire FO to say I will say I want Heckart and the entire scouting department to say because they are obviously bringing in talented guys. The coaches are not getting enough out of the talent because they are not putting their guys in the best positions to succeed.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Hey man, you can't blame them for wanting to move away from this "Shurmur disaster" that made us the most consistently competitive team we have ever been. Let's go back to those fluke 10 game win/no playoff seasons and those win one week-then get blown out the next 3 weeks- situations. How about those "make the playoffs then blow a huge lead in the 4th quarter becuase of a lack of defensive talent, lucky to have a lead in the first place" seasons?

Hmmm...maybe you can blame them?

Talent is the reason we compete in most games not Shurmur.

Pat Shurmur has had a vastly more talented roster last year and even more so this year than Eric Mangini ever had and will still win less games. Yeah the same Eric Mangini you all think is the worst Browns coach ever.

Jamison on the sig
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good:

Timeout and game management - 3 timeouts at the end of the game Shocked

Playcalling - A good gameplan against a very good defense.

Little and Gordon - A nice looking 1-2 punch.

Ben Watson - Made a GREAT catch, a BAD drop, and a CLUTCH catch.

Run defense and DLine in general - I wish they could see the cowboys or eagles Olines every week.

The Drill

The Bad:

Not attacking Claiborne more.

Pass defense and open field tackling.

Cooper - Has really struggled of late after an impressive start.

The Ugly:

You all saw it.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good: Pass protection - receivers making catches - Phil Dawson - Run D, especially up the middle - Weeden in the 1st half.

Bad: Weeden in the 2nd half - Our inabilty to play with a lead - Marecic, I'm sure he was bad at whatever he did for the day - Me knowing how the end would come out, having seen this a few times already this year.

Ugly: Joe Haden in street clothes - Those expecting that we would get favorable or fair calls against the Cowboys in Dallas, we haven't played well enough to deserve a fairly called game, that is how the NFL is. That's the parity resistance, all losing teams go through it.
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

1. Wrong. We were not playing that far off to begin the game and again if it were the game plan if obviously was not working in the 2nd half and Jauron refused to make changes.

2. Wrong again. Go back to the game day thread I said it was a bad call before it even happened. I knew conservative Shurmur was going to do it and he did it. I was actually expecting 3 runs and a FG.

3. You are right it is finaly time to stop whining because well its over for this joke coaching staff so I don't need to whine I will just let it play out. After all next year I will not have to deal with it anymore.

On your part about wanting the entire FO to say I will say I want Heckart and the entire scouting department to say because they are obviously bringing in talented guys. The coaches are not getting enough out of the talent because they are not putting their guys in the best positions to succeed.

1. Opinion is not fact. You routinely state yours as such. I've rewatch the first half of the game, and we were playing off. And even if it wasn't the gameplan, we suffered even more injuries at CB during the game. We have a two rookies and a 33 year old CB playing. I don't know what adjustments a coach could make with that situation against that offense.

And I don't know how am wrong when i said I'd like to reserve my opinion of the CB's until Jauron's PC.... Rolling Eyes

2. Wrong again? How could you possibly say i'm wrong in saying that if we ran in for a TD on 3rd and 1 that you wouldn't be upset about it? If I understand you right, you would be complaining about it, even if it did work on 3rd down. Then Shumur goes for it on 4th down, and you still call him "conservative Shumur"....???

3. Do you honestly believe that, even with the fact that this team has a TON of first and second year players/starters, that the players are out of position b/c of the coaching staff? A lot of these players are late round picks and UDFA's, I don't know how they would be as "talented" and contributing as much as they are without a decent coaching staff....Player development is a result of the coaching staff. Robertson, Schwartz, Wade, Gibson, Bodemosi, Gordon, Little, Jordan, Cooper, Johnson and so on. All these players have developed. Some were down right terrible at first. The GM didn't make the better. The coaching staff did.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: