Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 11: HORNYBROWNS STREAK VS. JERRYWORLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHAT WILL BE THE KEY TO VICTORY?
Weeden throws for 300+ yards and 5 TDs
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
T-Rich rushes for 200+ yards
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Tony Romo chokes
21%
 21%  [ 12 ]
HORNYBROWNS LEADERSHIP
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
We won't win :(
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 56

Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Count me in, too.

The D penalties were one key.

The "rope-a-dope" O and D plans for the 2nd half were another.

I was watching just wondering how exactly they would manage to lose. Crying or Very sad

O and D plans? sorry, it looks like you are saying the "plans" were to miss open receivers, miss blocking assignments on screen plays, and have the refs punish physical play ONLY on the Browns defense...more like a "rope-a-dope" post bruce...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I think Shurmur really wanted to call out the refs there during his press conference, but decided not to.

I kinda wish he'd have gone "batsnot" crazy there. C'mon Pat....it's your job you're trying to keep.

the guy cant win

he's battling youth, the refs, a new owner, and the fans

nothing he can do will satisfy anyone

lose lose lose lose lose situation for shurmur

Shurmur doesn't know how to win...that's why his team doesn't, either.

Right, because he wasn't around a winning Eagles team, he wasn't part of a team that nearly made the playoffs after a 2-14 season with the StL mainly because of his play calling

he's clearly never been around winning and you know him oh so well personally to make that genius sherlock holmes-esque deduction
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were one big play away from really winning, but it never looked to come, the Wr's looked good but not dangerous, the unit that loast it for us were the Dbacks, so many penaltys that gave them 1st downs.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I think Shurmur really wanted to call out the refs there during his press conference, but decided not to.

I kinda wish he'd have gone "batsnot" crazy there. C'mon Pat....it's your job you're trying to keep.

the guy cant win

he's battling youth, the refs, a new owner, and the fans

nothing he can do will satisfy anyone

lose lose lose lose lose situation for shurmur

Shurmur doesn't know how to win...that's why his team doesn't, either.

Ok, thanks for the opinion, of couse winning 2 games proves your opinion false, but why let that stop you? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Well, to be fair to Shurms, given the likely nature of his future employment, he should avoid fines.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Count me in, too.

I was watching just wondering how exactly they would manage to lose. Crying or Very sad

O and D plans? sorry, it looks like you are saying the "plans" were to miss open receivers, miss blocking assignments on screen plays, and have the refs punish physical play ONLY on the Browns defense...more like a "rope-a-dope" post bruce...

The CBs started giving 7 yards (rope-a-dope)...DAL exploited it.

The O started trying to milk clock vs. attack (rope-a-dope).

The result: Seventeen unanswered points.

Weeden is what he is...nothing can be done about that now.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Well, to be fair to Shurms, given the likely nature of his future employment, he should avoid fines.

Yes, that, and why give people another reason to criticize him?

It's not like jumping up and down will change anything for the better.

But, as a fan, it might make me feel better for 10 minutes Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Count me in, too.

are you kidding me?

10 games into his career and he's peaked?

dude your anti-holmgren browns blinders have gotten freaking ridiculous

dude had 6 YPA and 2 TD and gave us a game winning drive. a bad call on sheldon brown gave them the game

and you're gonna hate on him?

sure he didnt ahve a fantastic game but he didn't have an awful one either

not only taht but it was progress
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Count me in, too.

wrong on all accounts bruce

Depending on the down and distance, and the player the DB was facing, a cushion is often used in the NFL...and really, it's not like is happens on every play. Cushions are not even remotely ALWAYS bad or "rope-a-dope". In fact, it is a smart way to play in a close game to avoid big plays.

If the CB is allowed to follow NFL rules that allow for contact downfield AFTER IT IS INITIATED BY THE RECEIVER...then it wouldn't have been an issue at all. Vets do it all the time and the refs do nothing.

Your thinking that there are often WRs open downfield is a complete fallacy. There were often WRs that ran deep routes and also good protection, BUT they would have 6 or more in coverage. You want some more INTs to show "aggressiveness"?

It is simply stupid for an inexperienced TEAM to take many chances in a close game, especially in this one when we were playing better up front than the opponent.

Weeden is 10 games into his career and has looked like a rookie with a promise. Therefore, "is what he is" is about as descriptive of him as the phrase is meaningless.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

I can't get behind this. He lead the team to a lead late in the game and he also threw a perfect pass to Gordon against the Colts that was dropped due to the sun. The guy is capable of the big play, he's showing some clutch potential

This game falls solely on our lack of depth at CB. Being forced to play the WR's 10 yards off the LOS every play paired with the penalties causes on deep balls cost us the game. The offense got in a slump, no doubt, but they also gave us the lead late in the game when it truly matters. The offense is progressing in all area's, Hadens injury was the nail in the coffin like we all thought it would be. I can guarantee you our secondary won't look this rough next year

I don't know how you can't see this team is headed in the right direction. Young team that is getting better each week and it's only going to continue to get better heading into next season
Ramsnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the game earlier after watching my Rams lose. I thought the hit on Oglivie(SP) late in the 4th was LEGAL and not a personal foul. The browns safety lead with his shoulder, not his head as the [inappropriate/removed] ref called and the hit was made same time the ball got there. Browns got ripped off badly on that play. Was a BS call by the overpaid refs, and just another example how NFL is being "wussified".
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsnut wrote:
Watched the game earlier after watching my Rams lose. I thought the hit on Oglivie(SP) late in the 4th was LEGAL and not a personal foul. The browns safety lead with his shoulder, not his head as the [inappropriate/removed] ref called and the hit was made same time the ball got there. Browns got ripped off badly on that play. Was a BS call by the overpaid refs, and just another example how NFL is being "wussified".

The better teams usually get the better calls, been that way for awhile. Yeah, in slo-mo it was a clean play but I was expecting a flag when I saw it live.

Bad teams have to get good enough to overcome the calls and win, then they will be winning teams and get the calls. At least that's my conclusion. Fair? No. But it's what I believe to be true.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsnut wrote:

I think the call was good, it is against the rules to hit a defenseless receiver like that. I also would expect Ward to be fined as well.

Now, that said, the refs were pretty inconsistent on the 2 holding calls on our DLine, at least 2 of the illegal defensive contact call (that should have been OPI), and the PI call where the contact was initiated by the receiver AND the ball did not appear catchable.

Also, if a player is allowed to say "hey I know i threw the ball away in the pocket under pressure which is intentional grounding, but the guy I wanted to throw it to was being held", then why can't we say "hey, if there is a penalty committed on a play by the opponent, then I can always commit a penalty too and not be called for it"

No more need for "offsetting penalties". Right?

Hey, how about you have both teams play by the same rules refs? Romo can throw an INT or take a knee on that play, but he committed a penalty instead. Ridiculous that the refs were talked out it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I can't get behind this. He lead the team to a lead late in the game and he also threw a perfect pass to Gordon against the Colts that was dropped due to the sun. The guy is capable of the big play, he's showing some clutch potential

This game falls solely on our lack of depth at CB. Being forced to play the WR's 10 yards off the LOS every play paired with the penalties causes on deep balls cost us the game. The offense got in a slump, no doubt, but they also gave us the lead late in the game when it truly matters. The offense is progressing in all area's, Hadens injury was the nail in the coffin like we all thought it would be. I can guarantee you our secondary won't look this rough next year

I don't know how you can't see this team is headed in the right direction. Young team that is getting better each week and it's only going to continue to get better heading into next season

The only "getting better" I am interested in is wins.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at taking shots at Weeden after this game.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 61 of 70

Jump to: