You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 11: HORNYBROWNS STREAK VS. JERRYWORLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHAT WILL BE THE KEY TO VICTORY?
Weeden throws for 300+ yards and 5 TDs
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
T-Rich rushes for 200+ yards
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Tony Romo chokes
21%
 21%  [ 12 ]
HORNYBROWNS LEADERSHIP
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
We won't win :(
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 56

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Top 10 QB? Hahaha. Yeah, your pushing that one.

Romo (aka "Oh No") is WAY TOO hot or cold.... Looks elite one week and horrid the next... No way would I want anything to do with him. I'd rather go with Charlie frye for a year because at least you knew what to expect.

Dude, I'm a Browns fans, and even I know that this is ridiculous homer hyperbole.

Romo was every bit of a top 10 QB until this year. He's struggled this year, but it hasn't been all his fault by any stretch. He played pretty great yesterday, all things considered.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Romo (aka "Oh No") is WAY TOO hot or cold.... Looks elite one week and horrid the next... No way would I want anything to do with him. I'd rather go with Charlie frye for a year because at least you knew what to expect.

Dude, I'm a Browns fans, and even I know that this is ridiculous homer hyperbole.

Romo was every bit of a top 10 QB until this year. He's struggled this year, but it hasn't been all his fault by any stretch. He played pretty great yesterday, all things considered.

Quite a bit has been his fault. His play has been widely inconsistent, blame it on coaching, WRs, OL... What ever but we all know the drill.

Top 10 QB over the last 5 years? I suppose maybe # 9 or #10 on that, but with looking at records and stats and everything else a cowboy fan would throw at me I would be surprised if he made top 10.

And yes I'd take Charlie frye in a heart beat because the next draft you replace him... Romo your stuck with praying he doesn't self destruct each week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now romo is ranked 16 in the league! But after looking at stats you are he is ranked top 10 in QBs if you throw out the year he wasn't ranked,due to injury...

But looking at the list of QBs I can pick 10 QBs I'd rather have on my team in a heartbeat other than Romo.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Quite a bit has been his fault. His play has been widely inconsistent, blame it on coaching, WRs, OL... What ever but we all know the drill.

Top 10 QB over the last 5 years? I suppose maybe # 9 or #10 on that, but with looking at records and stats and everything else a cowboy fan would throw at me I would be surprised if he made top 10.

And yes I'd take Charlie frye in a heart beat because the next draft you replace him... Romo your stuck with praying he doesn't self destruct each week.

If you truly believe that last paragraph, then you win the argument, because I'm not going to argue anymore.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

If you truly believe that last paragraph, then you win the argument, because I'm not going to argue anymore.

After looking at a list of qbs i would put romo in the 10-15 range.... Combing stats, team records, and playoffs.

If I was selecting a new qb for my team he would lower because I feel the worst thing a team can have at QB is inconsistency. And yes I would consistently bad in the short term in order to find a better QB in the long run.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
^ Pretty sure Miles never had full control of the ball anyways.

Pretty sure the replay showed he had enough control of the football to tuck it under his right arm after taking 3 steps. He was in the act of tucking it, after holding it with 2 hands through 3 steps (nope didn't move at all then), when it was knocked out.

Clearly a bonehead call NOT to rule it a fumble on the field and let replay decide it. Also, I agree there were other bad calls, or no calls, but how can you actually suggest that the outcome of the bad officiating did not signficantly benefit the Cowboys?

Bryant was never called once for OPI, and he should have, and would have if the officiating was just average.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

After looking at a list of qbs i would put romo in the 10-15 range.... Combing stats, team records, and playoffs.

If I was selecting a new qb for my team he would lower because I feel the worst thing a team can have at QB is inconsistency.

C'mon man, Romo is an excellent QB. I'd take him over any QB the Browns have had in the past 13 years. We still might not win a playoff game, but we would win a lot more.

If Weeden can improve to the point where he is throwing +30 TDs and under 15 INTs every season, then I will change my opinon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Tha King wrote:

Pretty sure the replay showed he had enough control of the football to tuck it under his right arm after taking 3 steps. He was in the act of tucking it, after holding it with 2 hands through 3 steps (nope didn't move at all then), when it was knocked out.

Clearly a bonehead call NOT to rule it a fumble on the field and let replay decide it. Also, I agree there were other bad calls, or no calls, but how can you actually suggest that the outcome of the bad officiating did not signficantly benefit the Cowboys?

Bryant was never called once for OPI, and he should have, and would have if the officiating was just average.

Wasn't referring to the whole game,was just saying that I believed Austin never had control,so even if they looked it over it wouldn't have mattered.

As for the rest of the game,I do agree it was poorly officiated,at times the officiating benefited us,but at times it benefited you guys also.You guys started out strong,we finished strong,I don't believe the officiating was the deciding factor however.
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Tha King wrote:

I don't think Miles had control but I'm so sick of refs blowing plays like that dead and destroying any chance for a review. It happens all the time and it's cost them the ability to overturn some horrendous calls. Let it play out and then make the appropriate call.
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I get that the call on the field matters a lot when determining the outcome even on replays. For instance if the refs ruled it a fumble on the field and then go to the booth to review it they could decide it's too close to overturn. I think that could have happened even in that instance because it was close. But even if you think it's an incompletion or it looks like the runner is down you should hold the whistle until it's clear who would take possession in case that you determine it is a fumble. Then return to your gut call.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he caught the ball.

Was it perfectly tucked like it should be? Maybe not

He caught the damn thing, took 2-3 steps and was running with it. It was a fumble and Usama Young probably scores on the return. We win.

But no

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Tha King wrote:

Wasn't referring to the whole game,was just saying that I believed Austin never had control,so even if they looked it over it wouldn't have mattered.

As for the rest of the game,I do agree it was poorly officiated,at times the officiating benefited us,but at times it benefited you guys also.You guys started out strong,we finished strong,I don't believe the officiating was the deciding factor however.

Well, we disagree then. I guess you think the "deciding factor" had nothing to do with the 40 yard PI call? Or the lack of OPI calls?

Clearly you can't be serious about the Cowboys playing stronger in the 2nd half remark...the Browns outplayed the Cowboys at the line, the running game, and in most every aspect other than penalties against.

Tell ya what, watch some highlights of Bryant's catches and tell me how many did not involve putting his hand on the defensive player's face or shoulder when the ball was in the air.

Granted that those things happen in most games, but don't deny that it happened.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
he caught the ball.

He caught the damn thing, took 2-3 steps and was running with it. It was a fumble and Usama Young probably scores on the return. We win.

But no

People might disagree with whether or not it was catch, what seems pretty clear is that watching it in real time, there was no way it should have been called incomplete on the field. The refs know not to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
he caught the ball.

But no

People might disagree with whether or not it was catch, what seems pretty clear is that watching it in real time, there was no way it should have been called incomplete on the field. The refs know not to do that.

Exactly

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Tha King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Tha King wrote:

Well, we disagree then. I guess you think the "deciding factor" had nothing to do with the 40 yard PI call? Or the lack of OPI calls?

Clearly you can't be serious about the Cowboys playing stronger in the 2nd half remark...the Browns outplayed the Cowboys at the line, the running game, and in most every aspect other than penalties against.

Tell ya what, watch some highlights of Bryant's catches and tell me how many did not involve putting his hand on the defensive player's face or shoulder when the ball was in the air.

Granted that those things happen in most games, but don't deny that it happened.

Yes we do disagree I suppose,I personally believe the penalties your referring to were called correctly.There we some that weren't called that I felt should be called,but none that were game-changing.

Yes,you guys were dominating our lines,but your run game didn't produce the same success as the 1st half,actually they were down right similar to ours.You guys clearly outplayed us though right?

Browns 2nd half rushing - 14 attempts 43 Yards 3.25 per carry
Cowboys 2nd half rushing - 13 attempts 41 Yards 3.17 per carry

I had to get these numbers out of the box-scores myself and I'm too lazy to search for the passing numbers/special teams,but I could assure you that both are in our favor.

As for Bryant,they don't show the catches in the highlights and I can't re-watch the game as I don't have access to them.

Anyways,I'm done arguing over this game,good luck on the rest of the season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 68 of 70

Jump to: