Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs still owe Haley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Chiefs still owe Haley Reply with quote

Take from it what you will. Was gonna throw it in the G/D thread but didn't wanna see it missed. Could this hinder our dealings in the future with potential HC candidates?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20937486/report-chiefs-still-owe-former-coach-todd-haley-rest-of-his-salary

Quote:
Report: Chiefs still owe former coach Todd Haley rest of his salary

When Ben Roethlisberger looked at his Steelers offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, this week, he could see the desire in how much Haley wants to beat his old team, the Chiefs.

"Without him saying it, you can see it anytime you've got a guy on your team who used to play for another team, there's always a little incentive that you want to win for that guy, the Steelers quarterback said.

"Throughout meetings and stuff," Roethlisberger said, "you can kind of see it a little bit. I don't think he's admitted it yet."

One reason that Haley might want to dominate his old team on Monday night is because, according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, the Kansas City organization still owes him money. Glazer said on "Fox Sports Sunday" that the issue is in arbitration.

In January, it was reported that the Chiefs -- who fired Haley when the team fell to 5-8 last season -- were refusing to pay him the rest of his contract, which ran through the end of 2012, because they had fired him for cause. Before he was fired, the Kansas City Star reported on Haley's paranoia that his office had been bugged and that somebody had tampered with his cell phone.

Apologies if i quoted too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, it certainly could impact how the front offive is viewed in some league circles. They need to suck it up and pay him. If anything Clark Hunt needs to take money from Pioli's salary to pay Haley since Pioli has managed the coaching carousel at this circus.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This proves that Clark Hunt really is as cheap as we think he is. Don't expect Crennell or Pioli to get fired after this year. That means we'd have to pay the rest of their contracts (I'm assuming) and hire new guys with their contracts as well. Why doesn't Haley sue the Chiefs or something? The man has five kids he has to take care of.

Low class move by our organization.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
This proves that Clark Hunt really is as cheap as we think he is. Don't expect Crennell or Pioli to get fired after this year. That means we'd have to pay the rest of their contracts (I'm assuming) and hire new guys with their contracts as well. Why doesn't Haley sue the Chiefs or something? The man has five kids he has to take care of.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mark Donovan controls the purse strings. Sure, is Hunt keeping him around, and is he maybe telling him to be a cheap SOB, sure, but I'd say it's equally as likely he's not even aware of this, or is simply truly taking a hands off approach.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mark Donovan controls the purse strings. Sure, is Hunt keeping him around, and is he maybe telling him to be a cheap SOB, sure, but I'd say it's equally as likely he's not even aware of this, or is simply truly taking a hands off approach.

Just my opinion, but I don't think it is as much about the money but the idea of the principle to the front office. I have to believe Hunt knows but like you suggested could be taking a hands-off approach. My opinion is Pioli believes he fired Haley for just cause and it is being handled by the front office as such as far as the contract goes.

It just doesn't seem to look good to haggle over this stuff with a fired coach especially since the NFL is a small world when it comes to coaching.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely doesn't look good. This hurts our chances of even getting an up and comer type of coach. Why chose to come here and risk getting shafted on a contract?

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone believes that they are firing their HC for a reason, right?
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Clark fires Pioli the FIRST thing he needs to do is Pay Todd what he is owed, and apologize to him for Pioli. That way the chiefs don't get a bad reputation, and everyone realizes it was all on pioli.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This franchise is a mess. Complete fail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: