Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lose And We're Done: Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
It was the first time since 1967 where a QB threw 5 interceptions in a win. The Cardinals won the turnover battle by +5 and lost the game. Still so difficult to wrap my head around. The team started in the Falcons territory four times and got one TD, 2 FGs and a punt. The fact they couldn't get at least 2 TDs is embarrassing. I feel bad for this defense for playing lights out and not getting help from the offense.

It is sad, but what makes me mad is that the mass media (Cough Peter King Cough) takes one look at the box score and puts the entire game on the tackles and QB's.

Were they a big issue, heck yeah, but lets not let the other players who had big time issues yesterday off the hook.

By my count Larry Fitzgerald dropped three passes, now that includes the fourth down play, but that is a play that Larry should make. You cannot drop three passes in a game Larry.

LSH turned multiple 1-2 yard gains into 2-4 yard losses by trying to bounce outside rather than putting a foot in the ground and going upfield. You can still run the ball on 2nd and 8. Not so much 2nd and 14. Making an offense with two bad dimensions one dimensional is going to kill you.

Andre Roberts and Rob Housler were not creating separation, they were not presenting targets for Lindley or Skelton to throw the ball to.

Our offense was terrible yesterday, and part of that is on the QB, part of that is on the OL, but there is an equal part of that on the receiving core and skill position players who hindered the team more often than they helped them all day long.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans QB Matt Schaub had more completions (43) then the Cardinals had passing Yards (41)
Fun fact.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 4th down drop by Larry was a tough play but by HIS OWN ADMISSION he's made that play numerous times throughout his career and he needed to make it yesterday.

Larry had a day to forget. I think I might be changing course on his walking off the field though. If he really did hear a whistle and he's not pumping us full of lies, what else is he supposed to do? If he hears a whistle, goes all out and draws a flag we'd be tearing him up right now. If you hear the whistle you stop. LOL, that's the what the whistle is for, to stop the players from playing. Maybe he shouldn't have walked off the field so damn fast but he certainly shouldn't keep going 100%.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
That 4th down drop by Larry was a tough play but by HIS OWN ADMISSION he's made that play numerous times throughout his career and he needed to make it yesterday.

Larry had a day to forget. I think I might be changing course on his walking off the field though. If he really did hear a whistle and he's not pumping us full of lies, what else is he supposed to do? If he hears a whistle, goes all out and draws a flag we'd be tearing him up right now. If you hear the whistle you stop. LOL, that's the what the whistle is for, to stop the players from playing. Maybe he shouldn't have walked off the field so damn fast but he certainly shouldn't keep going 100%.

Honestly, with the way everyone stopped I think there must have been a whistle somewhere. I still don't know how that was ruled a fumble though, the arm is so clearly coming forward before any contact with the football is made, it was not a backwards pass, it should have been ruled incomplete.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz said everyone out on the field offensively told him they heard a whistle...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Whiz said everyone out on the field offensively told him they heard a whistle...

My initial thought when I first saw the play happening in real time was that it was a live ball because I didn't hear a whistle. There was a ref near where Larry was walking who definitely didn't blow his whistle or signal incomplete. Tony Siragusa said that he did not hear a whistle on the field. As much I wish it may have been different, the Cardinals just brain farted on this play and blew it. They did not play to the whistle and got caught.

Even if everyone said that they heard a whistle, I have to doubt it. It wasn't caught on TV or by the guy on the sideline working for Fox.

Justo on the sig
rickyp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

My initial thought when I first saw the play happening in real time was that it was a live ball because I didn't hear a whistle. There was a ref near where Larry was walking who definitely didn't blow his whistle or signal incomplete. Tony Siragusa said that he did not hear a whistle on the field. As much I wish it may have been different, the Cardinals just brain farted on this play and blew it. They did not play to the whistle and got caught.

Even if everyone said that they heard a whistle, I have to doubt it. It wasn't caught on TV or by the guy on the sideline working for Fox.

I definitely didn't hear one on the coverage, and I was thinking to myself as the camera went off that it was pretty strange.

I imagine that once they see one player stop, they all stop, unfortunately that doesn't really help us...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally couldn't tell on the replay. There's a lot of noise that could have come from a lot of different things/places. All I know is what Whiz said the players told him.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I personally couldn't tell on the replay. There's a lot of noise that could have come from a lot of different things/places. All I know is what Whiz said the players told him.

Just watched this play back multiple times and there is no sound that even sounds like a whistle when that ball hits the ground. No Idea what the players heard, but it was not the referee's whistle.

Interesting that the two players closest to the football (Robinson and Fitzgerald) both ran past the football like it was an incomplete pass.

love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the time Deuce scored a TD off of a fumble that was never whistled down

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Texans QB Matt Schaub had more completions (43) then the Cardinals had passing Yards (41)
Fun fact.
Fun fact # 2

Matt Ryan is the 38th QB to throw 5 interceptions and no TD's since the merger, and is the 1st to come out victorious.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Fun fact.
Fun fact # 2

Matt Ryan is the 38th QB to throw 5 interceptions and no TD's since the merger, and is the 1st to come out victorious.

The Cardinals offense only had 11 completions all game and the defense had 5 interceptions. So out of the 16 balls that the Cardinals caught on Sunday, nearly one third of the receptions came from the defense.

Justo on the sig
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Fun fact.
Fun fact # 2

The Cardinals offense only had 11 completions all game and the defense had 5 interceptions. So out of the 16 balls that the Cardinals caught on Sunday, nearly one third of the receptions came from the defense.

So really,our D should play both ways and play offense ?

Probably cannot score any fewers points.

CC at LT, DD at RT, run behnd big DW at Guard.

PP at WR and DW at TE or RB?

AW & KR fit in somewhere at HB or in the slot.

I am making a pretty good case here.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Great fun facts. The only excitement I get anymore watching the Cardinals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: