Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lose And We're Done: Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you forget that you wanted Skelton in the preseason. I'll pull the thread back up if you like.

In the preseason you want Skelton and if he had gone with Kolb, you'd have railroaded him. Now that he has Skelton and Skelton is underperforming, you're railroading him. How convenient.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
No one is holding the coaches accountable for not coaching up our offensive personel.

Really, Did you forget we fired our QB's coach in the offseason just gone.

It is not the Head Coach's job to Coach our QB's the technical aspects of the game.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
And you forget that you wanted Skelton in the preseason. I'll pull the thread back up if you like.

In the preseason you want Skelton and if he had gone with Kolb, you'd have railroaded him. Now that he has Skelton and Skelton is underperforming, you're railroading him. How convenient.

I was always a Kolb guy until he had meltdown after meltdown in the preseason and Skelton was the lesser of the two in terms sucking.

Kolb had bottomed out but Skelton wasn't far behind. It was like picking between garbage or hot garbage.

Whiz invested in Kolb and didn't produce then he chose Skelton and he's clearly either regressed or hasn't improved. For once champ hold the coaches accountable for this mess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
No one is holding the coaches accountable for not coaching up our offensive personel.

Really, Did you forget we fired our QB's coach in the offseason just gone.

It is not the Head Coach's job to Coach our QB's the technical aspects of the game.

Nice move there. Really worked out well. You yourself Khodder have made remarks about every QB that comes into Whizs scheme suddenly has footwork problems.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Nice move there. Really worked out well. You yourself Khodder have made remarks about every QB that comes into Whizs scheme suddenly has footwork problems.

I have talked about it in the past, yes, but it is still the QB's coach issue if the QB's are not developing.

Also, we cannot know how well it has worked based on 11 weeks of the regular season.

Bottom Line though, We are holding our coaches responsible for the lack of player development, that defeats your statement that we do not.

Last edited by khodder on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I was always a Kolb guy until he had meltdown after meltdown in the preseason and Skelton was the lesser of the two in terms sucking.

Kolb had bottomed out but Skelton wasn't far behind. It was like picking between garbage or hot garbage.

Whiz invested in Kolb and didn't produce then he chose Skelton and he's clearly either regressed or hasn't improved. For once champ hold the coaches accountable for this mess.

You realize thru 5 games and some change that Kevin Kolb was among the top 10 QBs in the league in QB efficiency...you knew that right?

I'll hold the coaches accountable for the things they should be held accountable for. Nothing more. I'm not blaming Whiz for every wet sneeze someone lets out. If you want to keep doing just that, you're on your own. Skelton misses an easy TD, Larry drops a ball that he himself stated he needed to catch. Your solution? Fire Whiz. I think my point is made.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

You realize thru 5 games and some change that Kevin Kolb was among the top 10 QBs in the league in QB efficiency...you knew that right?

I'll hold the coaches accountable for the things they should be held accountable for. Nothing more. I'm not blaming Whiz for every wet sneeze someone lets out. If you want to keep doing just that, you're on your own. Skelton misses an easy TD, Larry drops a ball that he himself stated he needed to catch. Your solution? Fire Whiz. I think my point is made.

Was he really playing that well? I didn't know that. I wish he could stay health all season.

Deadpulse
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard Kolb lead more 3 and out then any qb in the nfl. So that wrong.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Heard Kolb lead more 3 and out then any qb in the nfl. So that wrong.

LOL, you heard wrong.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the game a few notes I picked up;

- There were three, count em, three passes that hit Larry Fitzgerald in the hands and then hit the turf. Three.
- First play after the Acho pick, Lindley puts some more air under that it is 6 points for Andre Roberts
- For his first game Lindley did a solid job. Only really poor throw was the dropped INT by Robinson, once he warmed up he looked solid.
- There were a few ticky-tack penalties that went the way of the Falcons. Still not sure how that was a fumble, still not sure how Housler was called for OPI (Especially after that Cobb TD last week)
- Defensively there is still not much consistent pressure, but damn is our secondary good, hats off to Cioffi and Townsend back there.
- The 77 yard TD Drive for the Falcons, Patrick Peterson was on the sidelines.
- Our ST's in the return game stunk it up today. Lots of poor field position and penalties.
- 3rd and 1 runs out of the shotgun...Really?
- Lindley had a great deep ball. His throw to Fitz was just too long, his throw to Roberts should have been caught.
- I have four maybe five or six drops charted for Lindley. Might look at this in more detail on the All-22. Not a Box Score guy, but 13-20 or 15-20 looks a lot better on the completion percentage eyes.
- You could tell Lindley was looking at Doucet all game. Missed some open guys. Missed LSH wide open in the flat for at least 5 yards on the 3rd and five after the Washington pick.
- We had five picks and another two go off the hands of defenders (Acho, Lenon)

That is it for now, if I watch more, will report more.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed how the team was doing run plays out of shotgun on third and short as well. That is some bad playcalling but I figured it was because Lindley has limitations with the playbook and/or dropping back with the ball but he did run plays where he lined up under center and handed it off.

The playcalling needs to improve and that means no more runs out of shotgun on 3rd and short.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree personally. If you're gonna run LSH, doing so out of the shotgun is usually your best bet. If we line up and go tight sets the Falcons will just stuff the box. 8-9-10 guys. We can't pass and they know it, they'll bring everyone to the line and now the situation has us running a play LSH doesn't excel at straight into a wall of black. I'm not for that. If you want to try William Powell or Anthony Sherman from a traditional set I'm good with that but not LSH.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have issues in general with running from the Gun, LSH turned a running play from the guy into 42 yards. But when the opposition is selling out for run on third and one you are making it harder for yourself running LSH.

We are in a hole though, because third and one is a down when you rely on your offensive line to give you the space to get a yard.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I don't have issues in general with running from the Gun, LSH turned a running play from the guy into 42 yards. But when the opposition is selling out for run on third and one you are making it harder for yourself running LSH.

We are in a hole though, because third and one is a down when you rely on your offensive line to give you the space to get a yard.

Bolded: That's the real problem, the fact that's it's 5 foot 7 LaRod Stephens-Howling taking the snap. It's not a formation issue IMHO, it's a personnel issue.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the first time since 1967 where a QB threw 5 interceptions in a win. The Cardinals won the turnover battle by +5 and lost the game. Still so difficult to wrap my head around. The team started in the Falcons territory four times and got one TD, 2 FGs and a punt. The fact they couldn't get at least 2 TDs is embarrassing. I feel bad for this defense for playing lights out and not getting help from the offense.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: