Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did the Rams get railroaded?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terbo559

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Rams got screwed
terbo559

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Who cares?? It's the Rams Laughing

c'mon man show some class
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
The NFL is just paying them back for the gift they gave them against Washington in one of the worst officiated games I've ever watched.

you right, but the team who got screwed in that game were the rams.

Please. That thug defense was trying to start a fight during and after every play and the flags kept going against Washington. I understand earlier in the game the Rams had scores brought back but those weren't obvious bad calls.

I don't think I have ever watched a team and come away disgusted with so many players and how they handled themselves. And its happened twice this year both games being Rams games. The dirtiest bunch of low life thugs on one team I've ever seen in the NFL.

And I've never had anything against the Rams its not like they are a rival of the Browns. I just hated what I saw out of that team.

Also I'm not attacking the Rams fans so lets not turn this into something its not I don't have anything against Rams fans.

Jamison on the sig
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the could've-should've moments in that game, THAT play is worthy of its own thread with 4 pages so far already? The one that was correctly called by the refs? The one that was shown with a split screen so that no one could even argue it? I'm literally shaking my head right now. Clock was at 0 and the ball hadn't been snapped yet. Do they sometimes miss it? Yes, but 99% of the time? How long have you been watching football? Seriously....

It was a horrible game for both teams. We lost our quarterback and gave up uncharacteristic huge plays. Rams shot themselves in the foot with penalties, over and over again. It was painful to watch. As much as I hate tie games, neither team deserved to win it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
The NFL is just paying them back for the gift they gave them against Washington in one of the worst officiated games I've ever watched.

Please. That thug defense was trying to start a fight during and after every play and the flags kept going against Washington. I understand earlier in the game the Rams had scores brought back but those weren't obvious bad calls.

I don't think I have ever watched a team and come away disgusted with so many players and how they handled themselves. And its happened twice this year both games being Rams games. The dirtiest bunch of low life thugs on one team I've ever seen in the NFL.

And I've never had anything against the Rams its not like they are a rival of the Browns. I just hated what I saw out of that team.

Also I'm not attacking the Rams fans so lets not turn this into something its not I don't have anything against Rams fans.

They were obvious enough for the officials to be supposed to be able to call them correctly. The Rams had 2 TDs taken off the board. 2 FREAKING TDs. For anyone to claim that they got the favor of the refs in that game is laughable.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another reason why Jeff Fisher is not a good coach. If I was a Rams fan, I would pinpoint the entire loss on him for the numerous coaching errors he made throughout the game.

In the words of wise John L Smith "the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up!"
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, I'd say the worst parts of the game were the refs ridiculously slow decision making and their stupidity with the clock.

Also, I'd like to mention that the NFL needs to stress to the refs working the 49er games that they're using an illegal play. They have Aldon Smith stunt on a play and Justin Smith holds the LG so he can't block Smith. Smith got pressure up the middle untouched multiple times during that game including a sack late in OT because Smith was holding the LG. That's illegal. The refs never called it.

But getting back to my point, they ran off over a minute by not stopping the clock. Then in OT, Isaiah Pead got the first down and was tackled with around 54 seconds. A 49er stripped it out as he was on the ground. The Rams were lined up and ready to spike it with about 38 seconds left(would have been able to spike it with 40 to 42 if the refs had not taken their sweet arse time getting the ball set) when all of a sudden, the ref decided he'd move the spot of the ball back 2 or 3 yards and take away the 1st down. Which ended up forcing the entire team to back up and ran 10 extra seconds off the clock.

It was a travesty. If those idiots couldn't decide on a spot(whether it was a first down) or whether it was a fumble or not, they should have stopped the clock and reviewed the play.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
lilant2398

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like we get screwed everytime we play OT at candlestick Rolling Eyes
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the play clock may be one of those things that's become more of a point of emphasis with the officials. It used to be that there was about a half-second delay between the play clock hitting zero and the point where officials would actually throw the flag, but sometimes it was more than that.

I remember Peyton Manning in particular routinely letting the play clock run out and rarely getting flagged. There was a game against the Vikings in 2008 where he threw a TD pass on 3rd Down about two seconds after the play clock had run out, and it turned out to be the difference in the game.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

They were obvious enough for the officials to be supposed to be able to call them correctly. The Rams had 2 TDs taken off the board. 2 FREAKING TDs. For anyone to claim that they got the favor of the refs in that game is laughable.

LOL what a joke. Not only were TDs taken of for us, but drives were extended for the skins and they took a first down away from us. Redskins got all the help in the world.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Yeah I don't think we have one legit thug in our Defense..
No guy who has been arrested nor has had major problems with the Law.
So the term Thug does not fit the Rams description, What you have is guys who play and hit hard. You can ask any Niner's fan! I don't think one would say that we were dirty. We just flat out punched them in the mouth sunday. Now for the Washington game.. Come on man, our team felt robbed! 2 TD's.. Jackson who never gets mad at the officials! went off. That must say a lot. You make it seem like if were talking about a FG here... We are talking about spotting them 2 TOUCHDOWNS..

The rams are not dirty! They are a scrappy young team who plays hard. Minus the Packers(First Half was close) and Patriots games.. We have fought in all of our games. I love this team, We are building something good here.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Special Teamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Clueless.

Who on the Rams is a "Thug?"

Janoris Jenkins? What did he do on the field that you saw?
Finnegan? Because of the AJ incident, past incidents? Or something you saw in these games?

Please explain.
kgthekid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The officiating sucked all around in that game, but if the near-side WR or TE was on the line of scrimmage on the Amendola play like he was supposed to be, this wouldn't be an issue.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
Keleth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgthekid wrote:
The officiating sucked all around in that game, but if the near-side WR or TE was on the line of scrimmage on the Amendola play like he was supposed to be, this wouldn't be an issue.

Well the honeymoon period for the "proper" refs lasted a long time didn't it.
DistantRam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to mention that Kaepernick's foot was clearly out of bounds before he reached the pylon but this isn't the right thread for that, so I won't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: