Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did the Rams get railroaded?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares?? It's the Rams Laughing

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Did the Rams get railroaded? Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
I'm going to put the whole game aside and focus on the delay of game penalty on the would've been game winning field goal in OT. The play clock struck 0 and the ball was snapped. I've seen that play let go an infinite amount of times with offenses on the field. In most cases for delay of game, the clock strikes zero and the play is blown dead before the snap even gets off. This play was almost simultaneous and utter BS in my book.

I have always wondered why they don't put the tenths of a second on the clock. They got that snap off one second prior to the that clock hitting 0. I've never understood why the NFL apparently thinks there is not time between 0 and 1.......

Rams got screwed.

im not sure if your serious....but it takes one second for 1 to go to 0. its not like when it goes to 0 theres still .1 seconds left. there is 0 seconds left. the only time you have is between the ref seeing 0 and then seeing if you snapped the ball....unfortunately for the rams these refs were on the ball and didnt give any time between it hitting 0 and the snapping of the ball.

I was under the impression that the clock started at 25, not 25.9 or whatever... just an example.

Correct me if I'm wrong b/c it makes a world of difference.

PM sig requests.
BillSabre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
The title of the thread is did the Rams get railroaded...

It's now down to, yeah, it got snapped late - but they let that one go most times?

No they don't and not in over-time...

It was snapped as clock hit zero and it is let go 99% of the time when it's simultaneous. OT or regulation shouldn't even play into the call. The getting railroaded question has to do with that call not being made in most situations. When you try to make other people seem stupid you usually end up looking stupid yourself.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Did the Rams get railroaded? Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
I'm going to put the whole game aside and focus on the delay of game penalty on the would've been game winning field goal in OT. The play clock struck 0 and the ball was snapped. I've seen that play let go an infinite amount of times with offenses on the field. In most cases for delay of game, the clock strikes zero and the play is blown dead before the snap even gets off. This play was almost simultaneous and utter BS in my book.

I have always wondered why they don't put the tenths of a second on the clock. They got that snap off one second prior to the that clock hitting 0. I've never understood why the NFL apparently thinks there is not time between 0 and 1.......

Rams got screwed.

im not sure if your serious....but it takes one second for 1 to go to 0. its not like when it goes to 0 theres still .1 seconds left. there is 0 seconds left. the only time you have is between the ref seeing 0 and then seeing if you snapped the ball....unfortunately for the rams these refs were on the ball and didnt give any time between it hitting 0 and the snapping of the ball.

I was under the impression that the clock started at 25, not 25.9 or whatever... just an example.

it starts at 25. then it rolls down one second and goes to 24. it goes down 25, 24.9 24.8, 24.7 etc. all the while showing 25.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Did the Rams get railroaded? Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:

Rams got screwed.

it starts at 25. then it rolls down one second and goes to 24. it goes down 25, 24.9 24.8, 24.7 etc. all the while showing 25.

Just to ensure this is successfully clarified (so we don't have another page of this), this means that when the clock shows 1, it starts at 1.0, to 0.9, etc., until it hits 0.0, which is when the play clock actually changes to 0. So 0 is undoubtedly equal to 0. There is no need for tenths of a second.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We railroaded ourselves.

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally when the clock is at 0 for at least a second (which is seemed like it was), it's called.

Although they tend to let you snap the ball 5 minutes after the play clock expired if it's a crucial 3rd down in the final 2 minutes of a tied playoff game. Don't worry, I'm still not bitter or anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams out played them most of the game. Should have won, but I will take a tie in SF. Rams made a statement that they can play with anybody in the division. Mission accomplished. With a roster full of young talent and 4 first rounders coming the next 2 years, the future is bright.
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:

What's that supposed to mean?
Against_me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

What's that supposed to mean?

We donīt have the respect that other teams have. It happens in all sports, refs, other fans , etc.. are not going to respect you till you prove them that you can compete.

What by the way, itīs not fair

Stedman Bailey

receiving - 17 rec 226 yards avg 15.4
rushing - 2 att 33 yards 1 td

Ray Ray Armstrong

13 tackles 0 FF 1 FR 0 Int 0 Sacks
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish the replacement officials were back.
Obie09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Generally when the clock is at 0 for at least a second (which is seemed like it was), it's called.

Although they tend to let you snap the ball 5 minutes after the play clock expired if it's a crucial 3rd down in the final 2 minutes of a tied playoff game. Don't worry, I'm still not bitter or anything.

YES!! When it's in the playoffs on a huge third down, it can sit at zero for literally 3 to 4 seconds without a penalty. Rolling Eyes
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
The title of the thread is did the Rams get railroaded...

It's now down to, yeah, it got snapped late - but they let that one go most times?

No they don't and not in over-time...

It was snapped as clock hit zero and it is let go 99% of the time when it's simultaneous. OT or regulation shouldn't even play into the call. The getting railroaded question has to do with that call not being made in most situations. When you try to make other people seem stupid you usually end up looking stupid yourself.

No, almost everyone here and in "reality" see the ball is snapped AFTER the clock hits zero... It was replayed, we see Jeff Fisher "rolling his arms" trying to get them to speed it up. They replayed it with a split screen.

And you can't say it's not called most times without inferring it was the right call and it was snapped late.

In fact, your premise is built on such "smart thinkin'" that your claim, "it's not called 99% of the time?" Really, what instances? It shouldn't be called every time if the ball is being snapped... It wasn't 0 after the ball was being snapped it's clearly after the ball is snapped.
The clock is clearly 0 and the ball hasn't been snapped. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000093732/GameDay-Rams-vs-49ers-highlights

The mark of the tape is at 2:33...
I have a screen cap shot of it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/89965793@N05/8179534863/in/photostream

end thread/
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Puh-lease!!! The Rams screwed up. They had a TO left. Don't blame the loss on that. The game ended in a tie. Move on. Am I complaining about how we got screwed out of over a minute when we were down and maybe that minute plus could have helped us get a fg before halftime? The tie is what it is. Let it go.

Listen, I'm not making excuses for the Rams. That exact play is let go 99% of the time when the offense is on the field, period. The biggest mistake for the Rams was Fisher calling a TO with 1:09 left with first and goal at the 3 yard line. I can't comprehend what he was thinking.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Down 4, 1st and Goal from the 3 and 1:09 left, wouldn't you want to use as much time as possible and leave the other team with as little time as possible? I understand you still need to put one in the end zone, but they could have easily run AT LEAST 20-30 seconds off then used the time out and probably won the game in regulation.

The Rams redzone offense is beyond pathetic. I would rather give the 49ers more time and make sure everyone was on the same page than try to run the clock down and potentially not scoring.

Regardless, there is no excuse for letting Akers attempt a 33 yarder when you give them the ball with 1 minute to go.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL is just paying them back for the gift they gave them against Washington in one of the worst officiated games I've ever watched.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: