Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

League reviewing Bears' handling of Cutler's concussion

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: League reviewing Bears' handling of Cutler's concussion Reply with quote

Quote:
Jay Cutler - QB - Bears
NFL.com reports the league is reviewing the Bears' handling of Jay Cutler's concussion in Sunday night's loss.
Cutler was clearly dazed after taking a helmet-to-helmet shot from Texans ILB Tim Dobbins late in the second quarter, but finished out the half before being ruled out at halftime. The Bears can likely expect a hefty fine. The good news for Cutler's Week 11 prospects is that he has an extra day to get healthy, as the Bears will travel to San Francisco next Monday night.

_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VeniceBearsFan


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 2332
Location: Venice, Florida
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: League reviewing Bears' handling of Cutler's concussion Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Jay Cutler - QB - Bears
NFL.com reports the league is reviewing the Bears' handling of Jay Cutler's concussion in Sunday night's loss.
Cutler was clearly dazed after taking a helmet-to-helmet shot from Texans ILB Tim Dobbins late in the second quarter, but finished out the half before being ruled out at halftime. The Bears can likely expect a hefty fine. The good news for Cutler's Week 11 prospects is that he has an extra day to get healthy, as the Bears will travel to San Francisco next Monday night.


they made the right call taking him out at halftime, is the league saying they should have taken him out sooner?
_________________
ADOPT A BEAR= SHEA McCLELLIN

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: League reviewing Bears' handling of Cutler's concussion Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Jay Cutler - QB - Bears
NFL.com reports the league is reviewing the Bears' handling of Jay Cutler's concussion in Sunday night's loss.
Cutler was clearly dazed after taking a helmet-to-helmet shot from Texans ILB Tim Dobbins late in the second quarter, but finished out the half before being ruled out at halftime. The Bears can likely expect a hefty fine. The good news for Cutler's Week 11 prospects is that he has an extra day to get healthy, as the Bears will travel to San Francisco next Monday night.


they made the right call taking him out at halftime, is the league saying they should have taken him out sooner?


Yeah I guess they want to see if he was showing any symptoms before halftime. Honestly, after seeing that hit 1000 times I don't see how he wouldn't have a concussion. It seems like they do this with every concussion now, so I'm not worried.

Even if they do get fined, it's only like $50,000 to the owners...chump change.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen
BREAKING: NFL spokesman tells Sun-Times #Bears "properly handled" Jay Cutler's concussion and followed protocol.


yay
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group