Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Okay, can we focus on the game and not the grade school petty bickering about who posts the stupid GDT?

Do I seriously have to start a sign-up sheet like we're all in first grade?

Can I clean the chalkboard and clap the erasers????

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Funny thing here fellas is that when I was discussing possible alternate QBs to take rather than give up a king's ransom for RG3 those QBs were:

Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins

and

Nick Foles
Hes pretty good so far for a rookie .
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Heres a little piece of what Shan had to say on Foles since he coached him at the Sr Bowl....
“He’s big, very strong, got great arm strength,” Shanahan said of Foles, a 6 foot 6, 243-pound out of Arizona. “Looks like he reads defenses very easily and can make all the throws.”

Pretty nice compliments he tossed out there. The "very strong" part interest me. He cant escape like Vick. But hes going to be alot harder to bring down if someone doesnt get a solid flush hit on him.
Had no clue Foles was over 240lbs. I always figured around 220. Kinda like playing Cam again. But instead of running, he can read Ds and has better accuracy.

I forgot The Skins staff coached him, some nice things he said...was that this week or back then?

Yea he definitely looks skinnier, if he is at 243 now he'll probably be up to around 260 next year with an offseason of NFL lifting. But yea he seems to display pretty good vision out there the little we've seen of him...couple rookie missteps here or there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Add-Practice-Squad-Cornerback/ec984903-91b1-40b3-bb7e-cabdaae7b936

Redskins add a cb to their practice squad. Anthony "Buddy" Jackson. He played his college ball at Pitt.

Does anyone know anything about him other than what's written in this article?

Future HOF. I guarantee he has like three picks against the Eagles. We suck that bad.
yeah just like Asomugha.... Right? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Heres a little piece of what Shan had to say on Foles since he coached him at the Sr Bowl....
“He’s big, very strong, got great arm strength,” Shanahan said of Foles, a 6 foot 6, 243-pound out of Arizona. “Looks like he reads defenses very easily and can make all the throws.”

Pretty nice compliments he tossed out there. The "very strong" part interest me. He cant escape like Vick. But hes going to be alot harder to bring down if someone doesnt get a solid flush hit on him.
Had no clue Foles was over 240lbs. I always figured around 220. Kinda like playing Cam again. But instead of running, he can read Ds and has better accuracy.

I forgot The Skins staff coached him, some nice things he said...was that this week or back then?

Yea he definitely looks skinnier, if he is at 243 now he'll probably be up to around 260 next year with an offseason of NFL lifting. But yea he seems to display pretty good vision out there the little we've seen of him...couple rookie missteps here or there.
his size reminds me of Roethisberger, but not his mobility. Hmmm.... Maybe he can be like a Flacco with more patience and development. Flacco,was very inconsistent until the last two years. I think the eagles have found *sigh* "another!" Qb to build around, you guys just have to be patient with his development. Laughing Then again, when's the last time Philly or their fans were patient about anything?? Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Funny thing here fellas is that when I was discussing possible alternate QBs to take rather than give up a king's ransom for RG3 those QBs were:

Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins

and

Nick Foles

Honestly, calling Russel Wilson at this point is nothing more than hindsight. The kid may have had talent but the size was too great a risk. Nor has he been otherworldly like the Top 3 QB's.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins

and

Nick Foles

Honestly, calling Russel Wilson at this point is nothing more than hindsight. The kid may have had talent but the size was too great a risk. Nor has he been otherworldly like the Top 3 QB's.
bowilson wanted us to draft him. He wanted us to address other positions and take Wilson in th 3rd. Thai did entertain the thought of these two or drafting Tanehill instead of trading up. the rest of us scoffed at the idea. I give them major props for having that "foresight"! It's not hindsight brian23 if they thought the thought before the draft. Wink

You know, just because you didn't think it was a good idea at the time, doesn't mean it's hindsight for everyone.
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the comparisons of Foles to Matt Schaub. Seemed like a great comparison to me. BTW Schaub= 6'5, 241

You Eagles got someone to build around in him. He can be a good one for sure
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

his size reminds me of Roethisberger, but not his mobility. Hmmm.... Maybe he can be like a Flacco with more patience and development. Flacco,was very inconsistent until the last two years. I think the eagles have found *sigh* "another!" Qb to build around, you guys just have to be patient with his development. Laughing Then again, when's the last time Philly or their fans were patient about anything?? Laughing Wink

Foles=Schaub
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
I remember the comparisons of Foles to Matt Schaub. Seemed like a great comparison to me. BTW Schaub= 6'5, 241

good one. I think Schaub is more athletic but that's a good comparison
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

We coulda had him ,,and kept all our picks .. Time will tell if we did the right thing or not-- taking 3
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you all.. And Won't troll. Didn't know that was trolling really, It was just a convo.

Laughing Laughing

I bug the crap out of my Redskin friend about it and he just sighs.

You guys obviously have hit rock bottom. I told you guys this would happen, Just the amount of Hype one can give there star rookie QB is insane. We went thru this with Sam his rookie year. After an amazing start he fizzled because of Injury and lack of talent on the team.

I believe he had a 4-5 game stretch where he had 11 Td's and 1 pick.

Now the worse is yet to come, The dreaded sophomore season. Stay strong for it will be hell. It's not a guarantee that it will happen.. But it is a possibility, Keep expectations low. You have a good one in your hands..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
I love you all.. And Won't troll. Didn't know that was trolling really, It was just a convo.

Laughing Laughing

I bug the crap out of my Redskin friend about it and he just sighs.

You guys obviously have hit rock bottom. I told you guys this would happen, Just the amount of Hype one can give there star rookie QB is insane. We went thru this with Sam his rookie year. After an amazing start he fizzled because of Injury and lack of talent on the team.

I believe he had a 4-5 game stretch where he had 11 Td's and 1 pick.

Now the worse is yet to come, The dreaded sophomore season. Stay strong for it will be hell. It's not a guarantee that it will happen.. But it is a possibility, Keep expectations low. You have a good one in your hands..

Rammy, shut up. You are trolling. This was our GDT, not a chance for you to talk about sophomore slumps and your bro love of Sam Bradford.

I just kiddin, <3 Rammy. Go heckle the Eagles about their QB troubles. Ours is clearly secondary.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They Have Bednarik, He'll somehow Mind eff me.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

We coulda had him ,,and kept all our picks .. Time will tell if we did the right thing or not-- taking 3
ehh. I'd rather Griffin. The only qb I might, "might" want more in this years draft was Luck and that's a toss up IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: