Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NHNs FIRST EVER MOCK! The One You Won't Like Though..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: NHNs FIRST EVER MOCK! The One You Won't Like Though.. Reply with quote

[Disclaimer: Like previously stated, this is my first mock. Fitting in a way, because I've been an Eagles fan throughout this era (literally became a fan when Andy/Donovan came to town in '99) and now I'm going to act as if I became the GM and transitioned this new era. Most of you are not going to like this probably at all and some stuff might not even make sense to you, but this is what I would do. I'm not good at cap numbers and stuff, I'm usually too baked for all that mathematics. So this is it, if you don't like it, well that's unfortunate.]

-- Howie Roseman fired.

-- NHN hired as GM.

-- NHN walks up to Lurie and says "You should have hired me years ago my brotha, but have faith, I'm about to turn this entire thing around just you watch".

-- NHN fires Andy Reid, Moronwig, and Bowles. Tells Andy "I'm sorry big guy, I know it's been rough, but we need a championship". Andy promptly gets a phone call out of nowhere from a San Diego area code.

[COACHING STAFF]

-- NHN hires Chip Kelly as HC. Runs a fast paced offense aka the one we should have been running the entire time with Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, and DeSean Jackson on the squad.

-- Norv Turner hired as OC. Smart, veteran, offensive mind.

-- Ron Rivera hired as DC. Most people have this and I think when he gets fired around the same time our staff does, Philadelphia's DC is his likely landing spot.

[CUT/NOT RESIGNED]

-- DRC : Between lack of effort and sometimes looking like he doesn't even belong on a football field, NHN says peace. Wants too much money, still struggles badly with fundamentals, and just no. No more.

-- Demetress Bell
-- Derek Landri
-- Cullen Jenkins
-- Mike Patterson
-- Casey Matthews
-- Clay Harbor
-- Nate Menkin
-- Chris Polk
-- Daryl Tapp
-- Marvin McNutt
-- Greg Salas
-- Brandon Hughes
-- David Sims
-- Queen 'Lap
-- Evan Moore

[RESTRUCTURE]

-- Nnamdi Asomugha: Takes a pay cut because he realizes his skills are eroding but the overall lack of focus, discipline, and attitude on the team the last 2 years has been horrible and detrimental to his play. With a new regime/coach/DC, I feel as if he can return to form. I, NHN, as GM also refuse to believe the Eagles killed the career of one of my favorite players ever and I hope to have things turn around.

(And now for the surprise, the move most if not all of you will hate):

-- Michael Vick: Takes a slight pay cut for a few reasons. One this is the place he wants to win a title for and that obviously gave him a chance back in the NFL. Two, I hired Chip Kelly with the idea in mind that Chip could revitalize this. His offense is MADE for Vick, it would rival the one in DC with RG3 and play to Vick's strengths. After an offseason of health for Vick AND the O-line, they'll be ready to play and Vick will be ready to run. Chip Kelly has an offense that we should have had the last couple years with Vick. With the skill position players we have, the offense with Chip could greatly resemble what we saw in 2010. Lastly, I am not sold on Foles, and with no other QB in the draft or FA worth (IMO) banking the future on, I as GM decide to roll with Chip/Vick for atleast one more season. If Vick sucks, peace him out next year and Chip will have a draft class or two to find his QB for his system. Works out fine.

-- Jason Peters: He's only 30 and has plenty of years left, takes a small paycut. Returns as LT.

[RE-SIGN]

-- Akeem Jordan LB 2 year deal
-- Jon Dorenbos LS 8 year deal
-- Mat McBriar P 1 year deal
-- Colt Anderson S 3 year deal

[FREE AGENCY]

-- Dwayne Bowe WR
-- Sean Smith CB
-- Dashon Goldson FS
-- Jason Jones DT
-- David Garrard QB
-- Geoff Schwartz OL

[PRE DRAFT TRADES]

-- Jeremy Maclin to STL for 2nd round pick.

-- Nick Foles and Jason Avant to SD for 3rd round pick.

-- Our first (pick 3 or 4) to the Bills for their 1st, 2nd, and next years 3rd.

[NFL DRAFT]

1st: Luke Joeckel OT ; Mobile and strong, quick on his feet and perfect for Vick/Kellys' type of offense. Will be our RT for years to come, if we have a good 1st round pick we should certainly be shoring up the O-line regardless of who is under center.

2nd: Jordan Poyer CB ; Comes in immediately as the 3rd CB and future starter once Nnamdi completely declines and peaces out.

2nd via BUF: Matt Elam S ; Hitting machine, will combine with Byrd to give us some men at the safety position.

2nd via STL: Da'Rick Rogers WR ; Won't last to the 3rd IMO as most people have him, extremely talented wideout who will immediately become our slot guy and future starter.

3rd: Shane Skov LB ; Intense dude, coming off injury, capable of playing any LB spot and has familiarity making calls. Backup at all spots or starting SLB.

3rd via SD: Brandon Williams DT ; rotates in with Dixon when Cox/Jones need a breather, pretty strong solid DT unit IMO.

4th: Kyle Long OT ; Brother of Jake and pretty up there in regards to talent, adds solid depth.

5th: Joseph Fauria TE ; 6'8 target to pair with Celek, I like that idea.

6th: Keith Pough LB ; Dominant, physical player, backup OLB.

7th: Quanterus Smith DE ; Depth.

[DEPTH CHART]

QB: Michael Vick, David Garrard, Trent Edwards
RB: LeSean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Dion Lewis
FB: Stanley Havili
WR: DeSean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Da'Rick Rogers, Riley Cooper, Damaris Johnson
TE: Brent Celek, Joseph Fauria, Emil Igwenagu
LT: Jason Peters, Kyle Long
LG: Evan Mathis, Geoff Schwartz
C: Jason Kelce, Some UDFA
RG: Todd Herremans, Danny Watkins
RT: Luke Joeckel, Dennis Kelly

DE: Trent Cole, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, Phillip Hunt, Quanterus Smith
DT: Fletcher Cox, Jason Jones, Antonio Dixon, Brandon Williams
WLB: Mychal Kendricks, Akeem Jordan
MLB: Demeco Ryans, Shane Skov
SLB: Jamar Chaney, Shane Skov, Keith Pough
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, Sean Smith, Jordan Poyer, Brandon Boykin, Curtis Marsh
FS: Dashon Goldson, Nate Allen
SS: Matt Elam, Colt Anderson

K: Henery
P: McBriar
LS: Da Boss.

[OFFENSIVE MINDSET]

-- With a revitalized O-line, all starters healthy and ready to go under a new system which actually plays to their strengths, and with no franchise QB really in the draft or FA, we go back to Vick for one last time and see if Chip Kelly can do right what Reid did wrong. We bring in a big, physical target in Bowe for Vick as well as in our draft pick Joseph Fauria, we get a healthy O-line with better depth, We have 2 RBs who compliment each other well and will be used appropriately by Kelly who will have them take plenty of the pressure off Vick. We improve the overall talent of our WR corps, getting rid of Avant and adding Rogers and keeping Sunshine and Damaris as depth. All in all, being healthy, playing for a new coach/system that favors them, and being used correctly, I think this offense can beast.

[DEFENSIVE MINDSET]

-- I kept Nnamdi and added Sean Smith because I wanted to keep two big, physical guys at CB ala Seattle. Smith is 6'3, still young, very talented, and isn't half as retarded as DRC can be. They will man the outside and play press man on their wideouts. Nnamdi will finally be used correctly. Moving forward, the D-line gets a boost with Jason Jones who can be moved all over, is a big dude at 6'5 275, and could form quite the duo with Cox on the inside. Outside of course is Cole and Graham. The LB unit is very much the same, Demeco and Kendricks have been good. Skov can easily take the other OLB position, but needs to be healthy and show he has his burst/speed back. Major upgrade at safety (going with the physical theme) with Dashon Goldson. Our DBs won't be pushed around and abused anymore with him back there. I made the depth chart with Elam starting, but really he'll be in a competition for the other safety spot with Allen and Anderson, with the losers being the backups. Regardless, IMO thats a pretty good and much improved safety unit.

Anyways, this is what I would do. I know the Vick hate is coming, but I really feel like between the culture/energy/focus of the team the last two years, the coaching, and specifically this year the injuries on the O-line, that Vick was set up to fail behind those circumstances. I wanna see what he (one of my favorite players ever) can do in an offense that suits him with a better coach who will utilize his run game and behind a healthy offensive line. I wanna see if another coach can make 2010 a reality again, because Reid blew it. There isn't a franchise QB IMO in this years draft or FA so we should try to see if Vick can return to form under better circumstances. Defensively the goal was to get more physical at certain spots and to severely improve the DBs. I feel like I did dat.

Bring on the hate.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Poyer? Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah Brandon Boykin....

Chip=no for me.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping Vick is bad enough... Then backing him up with a guy who has not taken a regular season snap or been on a regular season roster in two years is terrible...
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is that Vick won't restructure. I think he's gone.

maclin won't get you a 2nd, maybe a third if lucky.

FA maybe a little on the crazy end.

Why trade Foles?

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
stc_eagles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3rd via SD: Brandon Williams DT ; rotates in with Dixon when Cox/Jones need a breather, pretty strong solid DT unit IMO.

I'm assuming this is Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern and if so this kid is a monster. I used to play AAU basketball with him and he is one of the strongest people i've ever met.

^^BucsGetGaines on the sig
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Word is that Vick won't restructure.

I think he would and I'm aiming toward a slight restructure since Kelly and the new regime would want him as their starter anyway.

Quote:
maclin won't get you a 2nd, maybe a third if lucky.

Why not? He's better than any WR on their roster, they have plenty of picks and complimentary wideouts, why not grab a guy who could be their #1?

Quote:
FA maybe a little on the crazy end.

Maybe.

Quote:
Why trade Foles?

Because if Chip is hired and Vick returns (under this scenario), I think Foles is gone if not for not being his pick, not fitting his system, and the fact that the Eagles love to trade/rob other teams with our young QBs.
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stc_eagles wrote:
Quote:

I'm assuming this is Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern and if so this kid is a monster. I used to play AAU basketball with him and he is one of the strongest people i've ever met.

That is the guy.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but foles makes like league minimum for the next 3 years. He can be the backup.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Yeah but foles makes like league minimum for the next 3 years. He can be the backup.

Yeah I see your point. He could I suppose, negating the Garrard move.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA is unrealistic.

Trade back and still get Joeckel, highly doubtful.

Bringing Vick back?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
willy_law

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Chip can magically find a way for Vick to not turn the ball over as well as not get hit/hurt. I see no reason to have Chip come in house or have Vick return.

The trades are a bit unrealstic and for us to trade back with Buffalo.. pick 8 maybe? and still get Joeckel would be highway robbery.

sidenote for the Elam pick you say pair him up with Byrd but we sing Goldson
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Unless Chip can magically find a way for Vick to not turn the ball over as well as not get hit/hurt. I see no reason to have Chip come in house or have Vick return.

He can put him in a better system, actually utilize the RBs so all the pressure isn't on Vick, and have a healthy good offensive line in front of him, all of which giving him the best chance to succeed and revert back to '10 form.

Quote:
The trades are a bit unrealstic and for us to trade back with Buffalo.. pick 8 maybe? and still get Joeckel would be highway robbery.

Why are the trades unrealistic? And Joeckel could very well be around at 7-8.

Quote:
sidenote for the Elam pick you say pair him up with Byrd but we sing Goldson

Ah, my fault. Originally when I did the mock I had Byrd as the FA signee but then I changed it to Goldson.
dsryan24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably the most unrealistic offseason ive seen yet
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:

Probably lol it's a 95% chance Vick is gone obviously, but this is what I would do. I feel like it would work. Oddly enough, if we hire Chip Kelly as HC, this could possibly happen (the Vick direction at least).

Nonetheless, perhaps I should have included "this isn't realistic" in my disclaimer or something. Laughing
dsryan24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:

Probably lol it's a 95% chance Vick is gone obviously, but this is what I would do. I feel like it would work. Oddly enough, if we hire Chip Kelly as HC, this could possibly happen (the Vick direction at least).

Nonetheless, perhaps I should have included "this isn't realistic" in my disclaimer or something. Laughing
I honestly wouldn't want Vick back next year, he is part of the reason why we are where we are. He turns over the ball wayyyy too much and he cant stay healthy ever. It seems more and more likely Kelly ISNT going to be the guy but its all speculation until it actually happens obviously..I guess were all just fans trying to play GM and hoping for the best for this team obviously lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: