Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Nick Foles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
I find it weird that in hockey or even baseball a concussion could cause a guy to miss months.

Yet seems like most football players heal within a week. Something going on there.

Maybe the padding in the helmets? I know hockey helmets have limited padding in them and its the same in baseball. The helmets in football are bigger and have more room for protection, and can use vastly superior technology for said protection. The padding in hockey and baseball is largely unchanged in the past decade.

Even in 7th grade we had those old Schutt helmets that was an inflatable blue tube surrounded by foam padding.

The helmets my brother used in his senior year are so high tech and vastly improved, the air pumps actually work and they fit so much more comfortably.

The warning sticker is still the same though, anyone who has had a helmet knows which one I'm talking about.

I expect helmets will keep improving.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
I find it weird that in hockey or even baseball a concussion could cause a guy to miss months.

Yet seems like most football players heal within a week. Something going on there.

Maybe the padding in the helmets? I know hockey helmets have limited padding in them and its the same in baseball. The helmets in football are bigger and have more room for protection, and can use vastly superior technology for said protection. The padding in hockey and baseball is largely unchanged in the past decade.

Even in 7th grade we had those old Schutt helmets that was an inflatable blue tube surrounded by foam padding.

The helmets my brother used in his senior year are so high tech and vastly improved, the air pumps actually work and they fit so much more comfortably.

The warning sticker is still the same though, anyone who has had a helmet knows which one I'm talking about.

I know that exact feeling Phire. I hated that helmet so much. Then I got a DNA helmet then a revolution. The DNA was probably the best protection wise.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I know that exact feeling Phire. I hated that helmet so much. Then I got a DNA helmet then a revolution. The DNA was probably the best protection wise.

We had Schutts or the slightly better Riddells. They both fit like crap and did NOTHING to prevent concussions.

Then the Revo became popular, slightly more stylish and comfortable. More padding, but honestly, I'm not sure any helmet can really do anything to save you from concussions.

If you think about it, our skull is our brain's helmet.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Phire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Foles picked a better number:

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Ill check out next tom brady this sunday since it only 1hr drive.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Probably the severity of the concussion. Smacking your head into ice or getting hit by a ball coming off of a bat at 115 mph will probably result in a more severe concussion than typically seen in the NFL.

Aside from that, MLB and NHL players generally take more time to come back from just about every kind of injury. Not because they're not as tough, but because each individual game is less important, so there's usually no pressure to come back until they're absolutely 100%. QBs play with shoulder sprains that would sideline a pitcher for a month or more.

Last edited by WhackyPlague on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

We had Schutts or the slightly better Riddells. They both fit like crap and did NOTHING to prevent concussions.

Then the Revo became popular, slightly more stylish and comfortable. More padding, but honestly, I'm not sure any helmet can really do anything to save you from concussions.

Shaloin Monks train to strengthen their bones. One of the exercises strengthens the skull.(Side Note)

Revos have all those padding and no shock protection like DNAs and all the other advanced looking helmets(Its the blue stuff under the padding) Its supposed to be the latest in concussion prevention.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

What number would you prefer? I like 1,3,7, 16,and 17 on eagles Jerseys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Shaloin Monks train to strengthen their bones. One of the exercises strengthens the skull.(Side Note)

Revos have all those padding and no shock protection like DNAs and all the other advanced looking helmets(Its the blue stuff under the padding) Its supposed to be the latest in concussion prevention.

I never played with DNAs.

Anyone who has done an 'Oklahome Drill' has had a concussion participating.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, revo helmets are AWESOME

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Phire wrote:

What number would you prefer? I like 1,3,7, 16,and 17 on eagles Jerseys

I like 3 too, it was my baseball number.
But Kafka stained it.

I think I like Foles with a two digit number, 17 would have been cool, unless someone has that.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Oh lord. I hated those some much. xD I've suffered two concussions. One came from probably this after excessive drilling or flip it.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Oh lord. I hated those some much. xD I've suffered two concussions. One came from probably this after excessive drilling or flip it.

Never have had a real concussion from football, I was diagnosed with a mild one freshmann year but I've felt that it was more a safety precaution then me actually having one just because of friends I know who've since had them and had actual symptoms. I've worn the Xenith X1 every year of high school football, although I had to purchase that on my own as the school provides cheap schutts which plain suck. Seems 4 or 5 guys got concussions from the angle tackling drill every year, those are too fun though.
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Also, revo helmets are AWESOME

mine looked like Dwight Freeney except it was red and had my school's stuff on it. But that is what I envisioned myself as. But I have #54.....
RBrown86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Vick has definitely been playing with like 37 concussions lol he's taken a beating this year.

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 8 of 30

Jump to: