Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Nick Foles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nick Foles injury prone? He didn't even have to play a 16 game schedule and he got seriously injured.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

A hairline fracture is hardly a serious injury...

For a QB a fractured hand is pretty serious because it affects your grip, which could have effected that Maclin miss at the end of the game. That said, he showed he can play through that injury, he just likely got shut down in a "What the hell, were not doing anything anyways and both me and Mike are out the door so lets go out swinging" type deal by Fatman.

Foles played a full half of football with the injury, and outside of one bad throw was pretty good and had us in a position to win.

I'm almost sure PE was being sarcastic though...

That's the thing though. It's an assumption. Yes Foles had his hand x-rayed at 1/2 and for what ever the reasoning it wasn't noticable enough to be diagnosed. For all we know He could of just as easily suffered that hairline fracture on the last play of the game when he was taken to the ground. I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance good or bad but let's not make this out to be some heroic effect on Nick's part. When in fact there is no evidence of exactly when the injury occurred. Especially the x-rays at half.

It probably happened when it hurt bad enough to get it x-rayed.

You mean the free time period between halves? Yes that is probable and the easiest time to check.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nick Foles injury prone? He didn't even have to play a 16 game schedule and he got seriously injured.

For a QB a fractured hand is pretty serious because it affects your grip, which could have effected that Maclin miss at the end of the game. That said, he showed he can play through that injury, he just likely got shut down in a "What the hell, were not doing anything anyways and both me and Mike are out the door so lets go out swinging" type deal by Fatman.

Foles played a full half of football with the injury, and outside of one bad throw was pretty good and had us in a position to win.

That's the thing though. It's an assumption. Yes Foles had his hand x-rayed at 1/2 and for what ever the reasoning it wasn't noticable enough to be diagnosed. For all we know He could of just as easily suffered that hairline fracture on the last play of the game when he was taken to the ground. I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance good or bad but let's not make this out to be some heroic effect on Nick's part. When in fact there is no evidence of exactly when the injury occurred. Especially the x-rays at half.

You mean the free time period between halves? Yes that is probable and the easiest time to check.

I am just saying it's a very safe assumption to make that Nick hurt himself in the first half.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I am just saying it's a very safe assumption to make that Nick hurt himself in the first whalf.

I agree it's the easiest assumption since it was the first time the hand was hurting. My question is if the swelling was supposedly severe enough to have effected the X-ray would it have not been noticable enough to hold him out? I mean isn't that what occured with Vick when he hit his hand on a players helmet? I wonder if the swelling wasn't present until after the game. Hence the MRI that came later. If so the actual break could have happened at any time during the second half as well. That's all.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I am just saying it's a very safe assumption to make that Nick hurt himself in the first whalf.

I agree it's the easiest assumption since it was the first time the hand was hurting. My question is if the swelling was supposedly severe enough to have effected the X-ray would it have not been noticable enough to hold him out? I mean isn't that what occured with Vick when he hit his hand on a players helmet? I wonder if the swelling wasn't present until after the game. Hence the MRI that came later. If so the actual break could have happened at any time during the second half as well. That's all.

Swelling probably got worse over the night.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foles is not injury prone. He was beaten and abused like a rag doll in college and no ducks were given.

Plus:
Quote:
Foles is paying plenty of attention to his hand injury, which is expected to need around three weeks to heal.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was people seriously discussing about Foles being injury prone? Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Foles has yet to play a full season as a starter in the NFL Laughing
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Foles has yet to play a full season as a starter in the NFL Laughing

The last time Vick did, most of the Eagles roster was still at High School.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So by that logic RG3 is injury prone?
Couldn't even go 16 games Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Blahman88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEyton Manning is injury prone, out of the last 31 games he's played less then half

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
PEyton Manning is injury prone, out of the last 31 games he's played less then half

Useless.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I don't think that you grasp the logic if you are comparing Foles' 7 games played to what will be Griffin's 15th game played. More than twice the NFL games played and who knows how much more contact to the body...
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

I don't think that you grasp the logic if you are comparing Foles' 7 games played to what will be Griffin's 15th game played. More than twice the NFL games played and who knows how much more contact to the body...

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

Laughing

Ahh Jerry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: