Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Nick Foles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23054
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nick Foles injury prone? He didn't even have to play a 16 game schedule and he got seriously injured.


Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

A hairline fracture is hardly a serious injury...


For a QB a fractured hand is pretty serious because it affects your grip, which could have effected that Maclin miss at the end of the game. That said, he showed he can play through that injury, he just likely got shut down in a "What the hell, were not doing anything anyways and both me and Mike are out the door so lets go out swinging" type deal by Fatman.

Foles played a full half of football with the injury, and outside of one bad throw was pretty good and had us in a position to win.

I'm almost sure PE was being sarcastic though...


That's the thing though. It's an assumption. Yes Foles had his hand x-rayed at 1/2 and for what ever the reasoning it wasn't noticable enough to be diagnosed. For all we know He could of just as easily suffered that hairline fracture on the last play of the game when he was taken to the ground. I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance good or bad but let's not make this out to be some heroic effect on Nick's part. When in fact there is no evidence of exactly when the injury occurred. Especially the x-rays at half.



It probably happened when it hurt bad enough to get it x-rayed.


You mean the free time period between halves? Yes that is probable and the easiest time to check.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34165
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nick Foles injury prone? He didn't even have to play a 16 game schedule and he got seriously injured.


Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

A hairline fracture is hardly a serious injury...


For a QB a fractured hand is pretty serious because it affects your grip, which could have effected that Maclin miss at the end of the game. That said, he showed he can play through that injury, he just likely got shut down in a "What the hell, were not doing anything anyways and both me and Mike are out the door so lets go out swinging" type deal by Fatman.

Foles played a full half of football with the injury, and outside of one bad throw was pretty good and had us in a position to win.

I'm almost sure PE was being sarcastic though...


That's the thing though. It's an assumption. Yes Foles had his hand x-rayed at 1/2 and for what ever the reasoning it wasn't noticable enough to be diagnosed. For all we know He could of just as easily suffered that hairline fracture on the last play of the game when he was taken to the ground. I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance good or bad but let's not make this out to be some heroic effect on Nick's part. When in fact there is no evidence of exactly when the injury occurred. Especially the x-rays at half.



It probably happened when it hurt bad enough to get it x-rayed.


You mean the free time period between halves? Yes that is probable and the easiest time to check.



I am just saying it's a very safe assumption to make that Nick hurt himself in the first half.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23054
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nick Foles injury prone? He didn't even have to play a 16 game schedule and he got seriously injured.


Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

A hairline fracture is hardly a serious injury...


For a QB a fractured hand is pretty serious because it affects your grip, which could have effected that Maclin miss at the end of the game. That said, he showed he can play through that injury, he just likely got shut down in a "What the hell, were not doing anything anyways and both me and Mike are out the door so lets go out swinging" type deal by Fatman.

Foles played a full half of football with the injury, and outside of one bad throw was pretty good and had us in a position to win.

I'm almost sure PE was being sarcastic though...


That's the thing though. It's an assumption. Yes Foles had his hand x-rayed at 1/2 and for what ever the reasoning it wasn't noticable enough to be diagnosed. For all we know He could of just as easily suffered that hairline fracture on the last play of the game when he was taken to the ground. I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance good or bad but let's not make this out to be some heroic effect on Nick's part. When in fact there is no evidence of exactly when the injury occurred. Especially the x-rays at half.



It probably happened when it hurt bad enough to get it x-rayed.


You mean the free time period between halves? Yes that is probable and the easiest time to check.



I am just saying it's a very safe assumption to make that Nick hurt himself in the first whalf.


I agree it's the easiest assumption since it was the first time the hand was hurting. My question is if the swelling was supposedly severe enough to have effected the X-ray would it have not been noticable enough to hold him out? I mean isn't that what occured with Vick when he hit his hand on a players helmet? I wonder if the swelling wasn't present until after the game. Hence the MRI that came later. If so the actual break could have happened at any time during the second half as well. That's all.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34165
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nick Foles injury prone? He didn't even have to play a 16 game schedule and he got seriously injured.


Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

A hairline fracture is hardly a serious injury...


For a QB a fractured hand is pretty serious because it affects your grip, which could have effected that Maclin miss at the end of the game. That said, he showed he can play through that injury, he just likely got shut down in a "What the hell, were not doing anything anyways and both me and Mike are out the door so lets go out swinging" type deal by Fatman.

Foles played a full half of football with the injury, and outside of one bad throw was pretty good and had us in a position to win.

I'm almost sure PE was being sarcastic though...


That's the thing though. It's an assumption. Yes Foles had his hand x-rayed at 1/2 and for what ever the reasoning it wasn't noticable enough to be diagnosed. For all we know He could of just as easily suffered that hairline fracture on the last play of the game when he was taken to the ground. I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance good or bad but let's not make this out to be some heroic effect on Nick's part. When in fact there is no evidence of exactly when the injury occurred. Especially the x-rays at half.



It probably happened when it hurt bad enough to get it x-rayed.


You mean the free time period between halves? Yes that is probable and the easiest time to check.



I am just saying it's a very safe assumption to make that Nick hurt himself in the first whalf.


I agree it's the easiest assumption since it was the first time the hand was hurting. My question is if the swelling was supposedly severe enough to have effected the X-ray would it have not been noticable enough to hold him out? I mean isn't that what occured with Vick when he hit his hand on a players helmet? I wonder if the swelling wasn't present until after the game. Hence the MRI that came later. If so the actual break could have happened at any time during the second half as well. That's all.


Swelling probably got worse over the night.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49646
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foles is not injury prone. He was beaten and abused like a rag doll in college and no ducks were given.

Plus:
Quote:
Foles is paying plenty of attention to his hand injury, which is expected to need around three weeks to heal.

_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36356
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was people seriously discussing about Foles being injury prone? Laughing
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was people seriously discussing about Foles being injury prone? Laughing


Foles has yet to play a full season as a starter in the NFL Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21592
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was people seriously discussing about Foles being injury prone? Laughing


Foles has yet to play a full season as a starter in the NFL Laughing


The last time Vick did, most of the Eagles roster was still at High School.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49646
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So by that logic RG3 is injury prone?
Couldn't even go 16 games Laughing
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 24585
Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEyton Manning is injury prone, out of the last 31 games he's played less then half
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49646
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
PEyton Manning is injury prone, out of the last 31 games he's played less then half


Useless.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
So by that logic RG3 is injury prone?
Couldn't even go 16 games Laughing


I don't think that you grasp the logic if you are comparing Foles' 7 games played to what will be Griffin's 15th game played. More than twice the NFL games played and who knows how much more contact to the body...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2589
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 10878
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
So by that logic RG3 is injury prone?
Couldn't even go 16 games Laughing


I don't think that you grasp the logic if you are comparing Foles' 7 games played to what will be Griffin's 15th game played. More than twice the NFL games played and who knows how much more contact to the body...




_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NoHypeNeeded


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 10545
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
So by that logic RG3 is injury prone?
Couldn't even go 16 games Laughing


I don't think that you grasp the logic if you are comparing Foles' 7 games played to what will be Griffin's 15th game played. More than twice the NFL games played and who knows how much more contact to the body...





Laughing

Ahh Jerry.
_________________
Jroc04 wrote:
This is the Eagles forum; we woke up drinking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group