Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Nick Foles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
LMAO! I was the only sane person before Sunday associating 3rd round rookie with Foles' potential to produce. Now you Folish Nickheads are using that same mode of thinking as a way of denying your prior irrational fanboy positions. After he didn't save the Eagles he's just a 3rd round rookie. Rolling Eyes He was always a 3rd round rookie even when one of the mods dedicated a thread with preseason screen caps to his alter of greatness. I guess there will be no more talk about how Russell Wilson is also a 3rd round rookie...

You mad Laughing
Because you obviously don't read.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

You mind if I ask Kilty to make that a Sig for me? That's hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

You mind if I ask Kilty to make that a Sig for me? That's hilarious.

Don't ask me, I saw it on Facebook.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is absolute gold. great image to wake up to. might have it painted on my ceiling. yes i just woke up. yes its 6.30 in the evening.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Blick....did I really just see you say that Bryant caught that TD and that DRC did committ PI??,

Laughing Did you even see the play? The refs blatantly made not one but TWO wrong calls there. Dez did not catch it and DRC did not committ PI.

Also this thread Laughing and PE thinking he's sooo right.....THERE IS NO QUICK FIX FOR THIS TEAM. NOONE said that Foles was a quick fix....the only maybe qui k fix would be freakig Peyton Manning....Do you ever get tired of sounding like Skip Bayless, PE?

There is no quick fix....so what is the point of starting Vick? Were 3-6...Foles showed some nice flashes of potential last night...the obvious solution would be to let Foles show what he's got....unfortunatrly Andy is looking for any quick fix he can find....so who knows if Foles will get any playing time as long as MV is healthy...

Yes, and that was clearly a catch. The ground didn't help him gain possession. The ball can move if he still has control, he did. I don't remember if the PI call was legit I was just stating it was called, regardless DRC was BURNED and he was rather terrible all game. It got reviewed and the play still stood, clearly it was a catch. Eagle's fans are just delusional at this point and looking for anything to hold onto for hope for this disaster of a team.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Not only is it unfair to judge Foles after a 2.5 quarters of football, but if...:

1) the right call was made on the Dez Bryant "TD" catch
and/or
2) Our punter can knock the returner out of bounds on the TD return
and/or
3) D-jax catches the pass instead of bobbling and causing an INT TD

....we would have won that game

Don't forget, with Foles we were only down by 8 (should have been 7) at the end. The three plays listed above accounted for 21 points.

Surely, you can't be serious?

1) That was a TD. And even if it wasn't DRC got owned and committed PI, ball is on the 1 yard line.

2) Yes, expect some unathletic punter to make the tackle with a guy blocking him, that's reasonable.

3) Horrible throw.

I am serious:

1) Watch the replay of the Bryant catch in slow motion (like the refs do). The ball clearly rolled over his forearm and touched the ground. However, I do concede there was pass interference on the play and it probably still would have resulted in a TD.
2) I do not expect the punter to make the tackle, but it was a close play and he realistically could have knocked him out of bounds...instead he whiffed. Not his fault, I'm just saying it was close.
3) You need to redefine what a "horrible throw" is. Like when a QB throws a pass directly to the opposition, that's a horrible throw. The only person who could have caught that pass was D-jax. It was a textbook fluke play, the ball was a little behind him but he got both hands on it and the ball magically bounced off his hands, then someone else's leg/foot knocked it back up as it was falling to the ground, and wound up being caught by the CB and returned for a TD.

I'm not saying Foles deserves a win, I was saying those three plays could have reasonably gone the Eagles' way and Foles could have won as a result.

I really don't think that's far-fetched, it's just math.

It is not math and it is very farfetched. You are just assuming if none of these things happen everything goes the Eagles way. You're ignoring the fact that if the Dez Bryant catch doesn't happen, they still have the ball at the 1. If the punter pushes him out of bounds the Boys still have the ball at the Eagles 30 yard line. If Desean catches that ball or it bounces incomplete the Eagles still have to drive the length of the field with a rookie QB, who has proven nothing.

Seriously guys, get real. This team has more holes than Swiss cheese. Stop making excuses, it is the same crap week after week. It is bad enough I have to see it on the field, I don't need to read about it now also.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Blick....did I really just see you say that Bryant caught that TD and that DRC did committ PI??,

Laughing Did you even see the play? The refs blatantly made not one but TWO wrong calls there. Dez did not catch it and DRC did not committ PI.

Also this thread Laughing and PE thinking he's sooo right.....THERE IS NO QUICK FIX FOR THIS TEAM. NOONE said that Foles was a quick fix....the only maybe qui k fix would be freakig Peyton Manning....Do you ever get tired of sounding like Skip Bayless, PE?

There is no quick fix....so what is the point of starting Vick? Were 3-6...Foles showed some nice flashes of potential last night...the obvious solution would be to let Foles show what he's got....unfortunatrly Andy is looking for any quick fix he can find....so who knows if Foles will get any playing time as long as MV is healthy...

Yes, and that was clearly a catch. The ground didn't help him gain possession. The ball can move if he still has control, he did. I don't remember if the PI call was legit I was just stating it was called, regardless DRC was BURNED and he was rather terrible all game. It got reviewed and the play still stood, clearly it was a catch. Eagle's fans are just delusional at this point and looking for anything to hold onto for hope for this disaster of a team.

I mean even both commentators (Who are anti-Eagles) were shocked by the call even after the review.

It was neither a catch nor PI, we got jipped plain and simple.

OH and bravo PE, this is a great thread once again. You forgot to link us to where you were right this time though, I really enjoy that part.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be that guy, but.....

......I have concerns over Foles' arm strength - he seems to float a lot of balls.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

......I have concerns over Foles' arm strength - he seems to float a lot of balls.

yeah his one td pass he kind of floated it out and then led maclin towards a defender.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

I love this.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Not ideal, but it can get worked on, and improve it.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Not sure thats arm strength per say or more the mechancis of throwing deep. His short and intermediate throws have plenty of zip on them. I remember his deep balls at Arizona looked a lot better, one has to wonder if its the change in speed of his wideouts or whether Reid tried to work on his mechanics like he has done with every other QB he's coached and being new with the mechanics is effecting the deep ball.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Not sure thats arm strength per say or more the mechancis of throwing deep. His short and intermediate throws have plenty of zip on them. I remember his deep balls at Arizona looked a lot better, one has to wonder if its the change in speed of his wideouts or whether Reid tried to work on his mechanics like he has done with every other QB he's coached and being new with the mechanics is effecting the deep ball.

The zip on the balls over the middle were fine - it's the ones outside the hashes that I'm worried about. It's something to keep an eye on.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
McNabb2Maclin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

The zip on the balls over the middle were fine - it's the ones outside the hashes that I'm worried about. It's something to keep an eye on.

Also. when he rolled out all the way to his right and lofted it over the middle to Maclin. Obviously, no QB other than a few is gonna be able to put too much velocity on that, but you would expect a LITTLE bit more than what Nick did. That was like watching a 6 year old trying to throw a deep ball.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabb2Maclin wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Also. when he rolled out all the way to his right and lofted it over the middle to Maclin. Obviously, no QB other than a few is gonna be able to put too much velocity on that, but you would expect a LITTLE bit more than what Nick did. That was like watching a 6 year old trying to throw a deep ball.

He got hit while throwing, 9 outta 10 of those are gonna float.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: