Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Nick Foles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PE the crowd seemed to enjoy the moment Foles came in Laughing

I thought you told me the fans who pay to go to the game wouldn't want to see that? The stadium was energized.

Quote:
HE ENTERED to a standing ovation and finished in front of an emptied stadium
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20121112_Sam_Donnellon__Eagles__rookie_QB_Foles_not_yet_ready_for_canonization.html

That says it all. The paying fans stick around a little longer when the starter is in the game...

Do you think before you type? "Paying fans stick around a little longer when the starter is in the game"? You must've not seen the Falcons game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly he didn't have timing down with the 1s (starters) otherwise he would've known where to thrown that pass to Djax on the slant.

Foles in this system:

I didn't understand the approach after that first series where MM went with rhythm passes vs letting him sling it around. Laughing way to bring in the rookie backup moron.

As far as "happy feet":

I think Foles saw how this OL protected MV for 7-8 games and instinctively thought escaping the pocket was his best case scenario for survival.

Like I said he needs more seasoning but since AR is fighting for his job I doubt he sees more than mop up duty or until we're eliminated.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^The problem with that is he has a ton of things he needs to develop. Having to fear for his life each time he goes back and throwing off his back foot consistently is going to kill that development. Honestly, if Vick can come back next week, even though the season is over they should just let him be the chew toy for opposing defenses. Feeding Nick Foles to the wolves is a poor idea if we want him to have any future.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Not only is it unfair to judge Foles after a 2.5 quarters of football, but if...:

1) the right call was made on the Dez Bryant "TD" catch
and/or
2) Our punter can knock the returner out of bounds on the TD return
and/or
3) D-jax catches the pass instead of bobbling and causing an INT TD

....we would have won that game

Don't forget, with Foles we were only down by 8 (should have been 7) at the end. The three plays listed above accounted for 21 points.

Surely, you can't be serious?

1) That was a TD. And even if it wasn't DRC got owned and committed PI, ball is on the 1 yard line.

2) Yes, expect some unathletic punter to make the tackle with a guy blocking him, that's reasonable.

3) Horrible throw.

I am serious:

1) Watch the replay of the Bryant catch in slow motion (like the refs do). The ball clearly rolled over his forearm and touched the ground. However, I do concede there was pass interference on the play and it probably still would have resulted in a TD.
2) I do not expect the punter to make the tackle, but it was a close play and he realistically could have knocked him out of bounds...instead he whiffed. Not his fault, I'm just saying it was close.
3) You need to redefine what a "horrible throw" is. Like when a QB throws a pass directly to the opposition, that's a horrible throw. The only person who could have caught that pass was D-jax. It was a textbook fluke play, the ball was a little behind him but he got both hands on it and the ball magically bounced off his hands, then someone else's leg/foot knocked it back up as it was falling to the ground, and wound up being caught by the CB and returned for a TD.

I'm not saying Foles deserves a win, I was saying those three plays could have reasonably gone the Eagles' way and Foles could have won as a result.

I really don't think that's far-fetched, it's just math.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
^The problem with that is he has a ton of things he needs to develop. Having to fear for his life each time he goes back and throwing off his back foot consistently is going to kill that development. Honestly, if Vick can come back next week, even though the season is over they should just let him be the chew toy for opposing defenses. Feeding Nick Foles to the wolves is a poor idea if we want him to have any future.

I understand the concept (don't agree with it) but MV won't last long and don't we have to pay more of his contract if he's injured? If Andy knows his time is up what reason would he have to pamper the kid? This isn't a first round draft pick he's waiting on, he (AR) doesn't have a forseeable future with the organization.

Only way I see them holding off on playing Foles (after we're eliminated) is if AR is fired during the season then Lurie/Howie could make a MM or interim (Bowles Laughing ) not play him.

As somebody already stated from a quote (paraphrasing)"if you're worried about damaging the psyche of a player then you don't have the right player"

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd round rookie QB. Rolling Eyes

#AmIDoingItRightPE
#RussellWilsonLaughsAtThat
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

I thought you told me the fans who pay to go to the game wouldn't want to see that? The stadium was energized.

Quote:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20121112_Sam_Donnellon__Eagles__rookie_QB_Foles_not_yet_ready_for_canonization.html

That says it all. The paying fans stick around a little longer when the starter is in the game...

You've obviously NEVER been to a football game before Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

Quote:

Why would anyone wants to stay and watch the Cowboys wipe the floor with the Eagles?

Also everyone in this thread already had it covered.

Arrow Hes a rookie
Arrow Was his first game
Arrow TERRIBLE Offensive Line
Arrow Cowboys have a Top 5 Defense
Arrow He watched Vick get punished for 8 games

Did you expect him to throw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns? If he did would you say " I TOLD YOU GUYS HE WAS GOOD IM RIGHT LIKE ALWAYS"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blick....did I really just see you say that Bryant caught that TD and that DRC did committ PI??,

Laughing Did you even see the play? The refs blatantly made not one but TWO wrong calls there. Dez did not catch it and DRC did not committ PI.

Also this thread Laughing and PE thinking he's sooo right.....THERE IS NO QUICK FIX FOR THIS TEAM. NOONE said that Foles was a quick fix....the only maybe qui k fix would be freakig Peyton Manning....Do you ever get tired of sounding like Skip Bayless, PE?

There is no quick fix....so what is the point of starting Vick? Were 3-6...Foles showed some nice flashes of potential last night...the obvious solution would be to let Foles show what he's got....unfortunatrly Andy is looking for any quick fix he can find....so who knows if Foles will get any playing time as long as MV is healthy...

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you are buggin out..

Dude is a rookie. A 3rd round rookie who didn't think he was going to play in the game, no preparation or reps with the ones which includes DeSean, so he has no idea of DeSeans speed (which explains the ball thrown behind him) and he was forced into a game behind an offensive line with only ONE of it's starters. He also played for a coach who YET AGAIN abandoned the run game in the 2nd half and was pretty much asked to do things he doesn't know how to do yet.

All things considered, he looked pretty alright, but it was his first professional football action of his career... you really can't speculate one way or the other over last nights games if he's the answer or not. It's unfair to him and to the team.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! I was the only sane person before Sunday associating 3rd round rookie with Foles' potential to produce. Now you Folish Nickheads are using that same mode of thinking as a way of denying your prior irrational fanboy positions. After he didn't save the Eagles he's just a 3rd round rookie. Rolling Eyes He was always a 3rd round rookie even when one of the mods dedicated a thread with preseason screen caps to his alter of greatness. I guess there will be no more talk about how Russell Wilson is also a 3rd round rookie...
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Do you ever get tired of sounding like Skip Bayless, PE?

I've come to the realization he is Skip Bayless and has been trolling us from a Cowboys perspective this whole time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is Nick Foles has looked better than Vick in each of his opportunities.

If Foles can do as well as he did yesterday as a Rookie with a College level offensive line against DeMarcus Ware, Spencer and co, then you can certainly say he has potential. I think it will be between him and some veteran brought in next season. Maybe someone like Jason Campbell. I think we finish 5-11 or 6-10 and thus don't get one of the top QB's.

Wilson and Bray are both somewhat overrated IMO. Early 2nd rounders.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
LMAO! I was the only sane person before Sunday associating 3rd round rookie with Foles' potential to produce. Now you Folish Nickheads are using that same mode of thinking as a way of denying your prior irrational fanboy positions. After he didn't save the Eagles he's just a 3rd round rookie. Rolling Eyes He was always a 3rd round rookie even when one of the mods dedicated a thread with preseason screen caps to his alter of greatness. I guess there will be no more talk about how Russell Wilson is also a 3rd round rookie...

You don't get sarcasm do you?

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

Jump to: