Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Nick Foles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
Phire wrote:
I wish Foles picked a better number:

What number would you prefer? I like 1,3,7, 16,and 17 on eagles Jerseys

I like 3 too, it was my baseball number.
But Kafka stained it.

I think I like Foles with a two digit number, 17 would have been cool, unless someone has that.

Yea not a fan of #9....I think he might switch to 8 next year now that it's free... which isn't much better but it's not common. Part of it is our weird number font...which hopefully we suck enough so we get a makeover and ditch that too.

I can never tell the deal with 17....I always thought it was one of those not officially retired numbers for Carmichael...then Kelly Washington wore it for his brief preseason time here. It's a shame we will never see 15 definitely or 12 most likely on an eagles QB....I generally hate the practice of retiring numbers.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I can never tell the deal with 17....I always thought it was one of those not officially retired numbers for Carmichael...then Kelly Washington wore it for his brief preseason time here. It's a shame we will never see 15 definitely or 12 most likely on an eagles QB....I generally hate the practice of retiring numbers.

Unless its 92 or 99...
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Anyone who has done an 'Oklahome Drill' has had a concussion participating.

Oh lord. I hated those some much. xD I've suffered two concussions. One came from probably this after excessive drilling or flip it.

I loved those and 1 on 1 pass rush drills as a DT. It didn't make me any better but on offensive practice days I just did 1 on 1s against the JV line.with one of the DEs......just mess around with stunts, rush moves, and stuff. We called our own made up stunts a couple times...which didn't make my coach too happy but they worked so whatever.

I got all my concussions in games but it was just before people actually worried about them, including myself, so I played through them.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I loved those and 1 on 1 pass rush drills as a DT. It didn't make me any better but on offensive practice days I just did 1 on 1s against the JV line.with one of the DEs......just mess around with stunts, rush moves, and stuff. We called our own made up stunts a couple times...which didn't make my coach too happy but they worked so whatever.

I got all my concussions in games but it was just before people actually worried about them, including myself, so I played through them.

I LOOOOOOOOOVED pass-rushing drills. It made me feel good about myself, because I thought I was the only one really using the bull-rush often...
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Unless its 92 or 99...

Disagree....Only 20 and 60 should be retired....they were forged from the bedrock of Philadelphia...the embodied everyone and the city and probably actually bled green. Not to say the others didn't but there is a big difference between those two and every other eagle in history.

everyone else unofficial retirement to be worn with pride by more talent players....I like what Michigan that those numbers are unretired but have a patch on them to recognize the past great who made it famous...though not sure if that would fly in the NFL

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think retired numbers are tricky business too.

I'm not exactly sure what my stance is on it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

I LOOOOOOOOOVED pass-rushing drills. It made me feel good about myself, because I thought I was the only one really using the bull-rush often...

My favorite move was the Deacon jones head club...it was such a mindfrick on centers....then they just get made at you and start messing up the snaps or miss blocking assignments.

Second favorite move....and it's not a passrush move though....was kneeing punks who chopblocked in the neck....the usually knocked that cheap stuff off shortly after.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned about the head-slap by watching Deacon Jones highlights, but then I read the evolution of the NFL rules and the head-slap was banned. And I was so excited to use it in HS...Found out it was banned in HS also. Sad
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
I learned about the head-slap by watching Deacon Jones highlights, but then I read the evolution of the NFL rules and the head-slap was banned. And I was so excited to use it in HS...Found out it was banned in HS also. Sad

If you do it well they can't tell....especially in the interior of the line. I didn't wind up like him but did the compact version of it....mix in some push pulls and swim moves and high school centers really can't handle it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Anyone who has done an 'Oklahoma Drill' has had a concussion participating.

I remember I gave someone a concussion my HS senior yr doing this drill. Coaches were all hyped "Cmon that's the QB that just ran you over!" I was more terrified because he wasn't knocked out but definitely had snot bubbles and very shook up once he finally got up.

My WR coach in college was a panzy all we did that involved hitting in practice was 1on1s vs DBs and I believe that was more for the DBs than for us.

Helmets today are more modernized, this past offseason we had a large shipment of helmets while some of them look goofy we didn't have a concussion thus far this season.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foles should switch to 8 after the season.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

8 looks funky with our font.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

8 looks funky with our font.

Funky is good

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

I like #1 on a QB for some reason. He should have taken that, considering Chas had #8 and McBriar wasn't with the team yet.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we have that font on the jerseys in the first place? icky

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 9 of 30

Jump to: