Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Bears
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Tie
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
That may be nice and all but it isn't up to Harbaugh. For all we know the docs might say he can't play. RG3 got smacked hard but played so who knows. Concussions are funny, some hits that look really bad aren't as bad as a minor hit sometimes. I guess it all depends on the person. I hope Alex is back though. Kaep played well but Smith knows the offense better.

Of course, but the Eagles have already ruled out Vick. I am pretty confident Smith will be able to go.

So this is the week Vernon Davis goes off right?

I think it depends on how the defense plays him. Early in the season, Moss was being triple covered and Vernon had some huge plays because of it. Since then, Vernon hasn't been seeing a whole lot of daylight in the coverage. And, with our offense not being the type to force stuff in, he's been quiet. I'd love to see Vernon, Moss, and Crabtree out there confusing the hell out of the defense. Throw in some Manningham for a surprise catch and a few quick sideline throws to Williams. That's when we're deadly.

All that said, I don't think we're going to see a lot of scoring in this game outside of the kickers. David Akers' best game this season coming up?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o
clarkfn2284 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
LANiner wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:
kaep going into this game would be horrible. Chicago would knock his confidence down. But glad to hear Alexis going Monday. But still being tested and watched for the week.

Alexis wow really dude grow up what are you 12 probably some one that got booted of this forum in the past what a lop remark

His name has captian.
His says 9ergang.
And he's from "callikillya". Lmao

Best to ignore this kid who thinks he's some cool thug Laughing

as opposed to an internet tough guy like you right? goddamn hypocrite

Ima big boy and ill be the first to admit that I messed up beighn that it was a typo nd all and I apologize for it capkaep.

LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key notes to the game

Shove the run game in their mouth
Fcant stress this enough but play action the hell out ofthese opportunistic bears
Run some more
Press coverage on marshall preferably with cully cover hester with help over the top
Swarm on forte (have a feeling this will b a statement game for our d)

If cutler doesn't play wait for the turovers to pile up wit cambells interceptions
If cutler plays wait for thr turnovers to pile up with cutlers interceptions lol

They are bth turn over machines

LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o
clarkfn2284 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
LANiner wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:
kaep going into this game would be horrible. Chicago would knock his confidence down. But glad to hear Alexis going Monday. But still being tested and watched for the week.

Alexis wow really dude grow up what are you 12 probably some one that got booted of this forum in the past what a lop remark

His name has captian.
His says 9ergang.

Ima big boy and ill be the first to admit that I messed up beighn that it was a typo nd all and I apologize for it capkaep.

iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler has already been labeled doubtful for our game according to John Clayton.

Quote:
"It looks like he's probably going to miss this week," added Clayton. The issue with Cutler is that he reportedly has close to a half-dozen concussions going back to his college career at Vanderbilt. He's going to have more rigorous testing to pass than a player like Alex Smith, who does not have a history of concussions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Cutler has already been labeled doubtful for our game according to John Clayton.

Quote:
"It looks like he's probably going to miss this week," added Clayton. The issue with Cutler is that he reportedly has close to a half-dozen concussions going back to his college career at Vanderbilt. He's going to have more rigorous testing to pass than a player like Alex Smith, who does not have a history of concussions.

Must win game. Our D is supposed to be one of the best in the NFL and we're facing a backup QB. Schedule gets tough the 2nd half. We can't afford to drop a game facing Jason Campbell, even if Kaepernick starts.

On our end, Alex is getting a 2nd opinion on his concussion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/alex-smith-getting-second-opinion-on-his-head-injury/

Quote:
49ers Alex Smith suffered a concussion on Sunday. And while itís unclear whether heíll be cleared by an independent neurologist to return to action on Monday night against the Bears, a league source tells PFT that Smith is seeking a second opinion.

My take: If the 1st opinion was what Alex wanted to hear, he wouldn't need a 2nd opinion IE it may be bad news for Smith's availability this week...

Alex gives us the best chance to win but the smartest thing to do is make sure he's healthy all year.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
LANiner wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:

His name has captian.
His says 9ergang.

show me where i acted like a tough guy please? looked like observations to me? Laughing

ive been to modesto before... fun place

I agree with your standing on Modesto dude, not sure why that matters. Not sure why anyhting about any of the posters on FF matter to you, but it clearly does as you feel its relevant to comment on where people are from and their screen names's. you live in SJ. there is stuff to do there, you should get out more, maybe stop concerning yourself with other hometowns.

as for the game if cutler doesnt play i love our chances against the Bears. Kaep or Alex under center.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
LANiner wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:

His name has captian.
His says 9ergang.

Why don you just drop it already we got our warnings your trollin hard for one to I would hate for this thread to get locked up

Back to football cutler doesn't scare me neiher does cambell nor old man urlacher the only guys ill be paying attention on are tillman and forte

show me where i acted like a tough guy please? looked like observations to me? Laughing

ive been to modesto before... fun place

I agree with your standing on Modesto dude, not sure why that matters. Not sure why anyhting about any of the posters on FF matter to you, but it clearly does as you feel its relevant to comment on where people are from and their screen names's. you live in SJ. there is stuff to do there, you should get out more, maybe stop concerning yourself with other hometowns.

as for the game if cutler doesnt play i love our chances against the Bears. Kaep or Alex
under center.

Due justdrop it already we got our warnings your trolling hard to get one as well I would hate to have this thread locked

Back to football only two players scare me on the bears not cutler nor old man urlacher I'm. Talking about tillman and forte

adamq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been looking forward to this game since the schedule came out, actually somewhat disappointed Cutler won't be playing. This game is going to be the first of some very brutal games and will tell a lot about this team. Chicago has a great duo at RB, and Marshall is a top 5 receiver right now, but the oline is pretty dreadful. I actually like Campbell, if not for that injury I think he'd still be Oakland's starter, but our defense should be able to keep this team under 20 relatively easy.

My main 2 concerns defensively are Tillman and Peppers. With how often we force teams to take down our receivers in the open field, that gives Peanut multiple opportunities to punch the ball out. Peppers is a force and I've noticed they will line him up all over the place.. If Leonard Davis has to enter the game for any reason, Peppers will destroy him.

I expect Alex to play and keep turnovers to a minimum. We play the field position game and win 27-16

-kiltman
CaptainKaep7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be easier for the D if their going against Campbell, but same goes for Bears D if they go against Kaep and not Alex(is).

But I really can't wait for this game, the D needs to come back strong after Sunday

And ya'll can stop talking about me now. Laughing

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously - comments about posters stop here. Talks about the game will continue. Anything else will receive warnings.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Alex looking for a 2nd opinion, there's a good chance that the first one didn't clear him.

Say Cutler doesn't start and it's Campbell. If that's the situation, would you guys want to risk Alex getting hurt again? Or would you guys be comfortable with Kap under center going against a very shaky Campbell?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
With Alex looking for a 2nd opinion, there's a good chance that the first one didn't clear him.

Say Cutler doesn't start and it's Campbell. If that's the situation, would you guys want to risk Alex getting hurt again? Or would you guys be comfortable with Kap under center going against a very shaky Campbell?

I see two scenarios in which you'd get a second opinion:

1. As many have already said, the first one didn't clear him.

2. Considering the actual injury came from the QB sneak play and not the later hit in the back of the head, and since we kept him in the game for a while, I could see the second opinion being sort of an olive branch extended to the league for not taking him out earlier. "See? We have two doctors clearing him."

Who knows, though.

If it is the first scenario, I don't want Alex playing and risking further injury. It's just not worth it. If we lose to the Bears, we lose to the Bears. We have a tough schedule coming up and we need Alex to get us through it. Until Seattle can prove they can win on the road, I'm still comfortable with us taking the division. Let's just get to the playoffs, fellas. A first round bye would be nice, but let's not risk it all on one game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

If Alex does not get to play, I will be sweating bullets each and every time Kaep takes the snap. Granted, he has had limited time, but he has shown a tendency to fumble. This D Chicago has is probably the worst D on our schedule for Kaep to face and it may have to be his first start. Yes, I am nervous. I know he is VERY capable of making a great play with feet or arm, but I also know he just doesn't yet have the ball security we would all like to see. Anxious
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

With how shaky the D looked last week, I dont think the 49ers are in any position to take something for granted and start assuming things. The Niners need their best against the Bears. I would like to think that having a backup QB starting against the niners means a win but with how tough the remaining schedule is, they need to focus on each opponent regardless of the situation. I want to see Alex start on monday as long as hes 100% good to go.

I saw on ESPN that someone did an article on playoff odds and they had the niners at 11-4-1 and the 3rd seed. I like that prediction alot but the schedule still scares me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 4 of 39

Jump to: