Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Bears
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Tie
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears Reply with quote

San Francisco 49ers (6-2-1) vs Chicago Bears (7-2)

VS

"I ran out of paint"

The 49ers hit the prime time stage once more, and this time they will be tested by an elite defense. Both teams had their QB pulled from the game due to concussions, so it's unclear who we'll see at the starting QB position on Monday. After coming out flat against the Rams and ending in a tie, let's hope our guys do some soul searching this weekend and get back to playing hard that they normally do.

Keys to the game:

Take care of the ball: We're going against an opportunistic Bears team, and we can't give them any chances. We were extremely luckily to not have lost any of our fumbles against the Rams.

Take advantage of opportunities: We need to be opportunistic ourselves. Jay Cutler will force many throws, and we keep dropping possible interceptions it will bite us.

Play calling: Roman calls some great plays, but he also calls some horrible ones. A lot of the calls in the 4th quarter were baffling, and it wasn't even Roman being cute, he just called the worst possible plays at the worst possible times.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to get back on track. We need this for seeding purposes. They have an easy schedule and a win will put us ahead of them for 2. Really hope Alex is okay and plays. And our defense figures it out.

Oh and I like the ladies.

new sig... sorry alex
Yfz01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let Randy moss one of the two all pro corners in Chicago and I'll be extremely happy.

That and a W.

Lil Uno with the sig.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler and Smith both have concussions. The key to this game is the QB's and their health. Hopefully Alex plays and Cutler doesnt.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Cutler and Smith both have concussions. The key to this game is the QB's and their health. Hopefully Alex plays and Cutler doesnt.

I'm not worries about Cutler. He is good for at least two INT bone head decisions a game. He has a strong arm and all but all I can think of when it comes to him is that last game we played the bears on Monday night. I'm more worried about Hester and Matt Forté. We have show real problems on defense trying to cover guys like this.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I'm not worries about Cutler. He is good for at least two INT bone head decisions a game. He has a strong arm and all but all I can think of when it comes to him is that last game we played the bears on Monday night. I'm more worried about Hester and Matt Forté. We have show real problems on defense trying to cover guys like this.

Let's just hope he doesn't throw any would-be interceptions near Donte Whitner. I can't believe that dude dropped another one yesterday. Worst hands I've ever seen... seriously.

Beast
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Let's just hope he doesn't throw any would-be interceptions near Donte Whitner. I can't believe that dude dropped another one yesterday. Worst hands I've ever seen... seriously.

I believe that's two int that Whitner has dropped this season that could have been game changers. The other one was against Mn.

-Lork
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Do you mean the would-be interception on which we got a penalty anyway? Wouldn't have been a game changer. But I agree, Whitner's ball skills aren't very good. But that can be worked on. Look at Carlos Rogers last year.

Most important thing for our pass defense would be to take Rogers out of the slot. He's just not quick enough.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Do you mean the would-be interception on which we got a penalty anyway? Wouldn't have been a game changer. But I agree, Whitner's ball skills aren't very good. But that can be worked on. Look at Carlos Rogers last year.

Most important thing for our pass defense would be to take Rogers out of the slot. He's just not quick enough.

Whitner may not have the ball skills like Goldson but Whitner makes up for that in many other areas. He is a great tackler and diagnoses plays very well. I can live with the stone hands if he can continue to excel in everything else.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an absolute must that we score early. We are dominant against mediocre to bad RB's, but have really struggled against good to elite ones. I suppose most teams do, but we're supposed to be an elite defense that can handle anyone. Chicago is going to pound the ball if it's close or they're up. We cannot allow this.

Too many unknowns right now to get a good feel for this game, though. Will Alex play? Will Cutler? If they do play, will they play worse than normal? Will our defense step it up? If Colin plays, I'll be holding my breath every time he makes a run for it. His fumbles are a concern, albeit a few small sample sizes. Hopefully, he'll work on this before the game. It has to concern Harbaugh as well, especially against Chicago's defense.

If we get back to our style of football, we can win this one. Pound it out with Gore. That sets up our play action. Moss and Vernon draw coverage and open it up for Crabtree, Manningham, and Williams. Akers needs to do some soul searching. I have a feeling we're going to need him this game.

If none of that happens, we lose this game by at least two scores.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Not only Whitner, but a lot of our guys have dropped easy picks. We're the exact opposite of what we were last year, in terms of capitalizing on opportunities.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Not only Whitner, but a lot of our guys have dropped easy picks. We're the exact opposite of what we were last year, in terms of capitalizing on opportunities.

Yes, indeed. Crying or Very sad Our D is definitely not in 2011 form... If it was, man this team would be unstoppable. Confused
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.

TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

We play CHI on MNF next week, and NE on SNF in Week 15.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game is going to be another Defensive game. I dont see Cutler or whom ever is going to be playing QB having much time to scan the field and complete passes. The Bear's O-line is bad. I dont think we will have a ton of sacks but i do expect the D-line to get a lot of pressure on the QB and force bad decisions. We all know what Cutler is like when he's forced to think quickly and force passes.

Every time I think about the 49ers and Bears I think about the prime time game that the 49ers had like 7 int's in one game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: