Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's with Rex refusing to bench Sanchez?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Twizlers


Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 2137
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you guys know, there were unnamed players/people in the Broncos organization last year who also thought Kyle Orton was the best option and didn't think anything of Tebow. Yet when he comes in and starts winning, the whole team backs him and is genuinely excited when they talked about him and what he brought to the table. EVEN THEN, as soon as he is traded and Manning comes abroad, they say he was exciting but not the solution to win a SB.

These players are just as bandwagony as us fans. Just because a player says his teammate is terrible, that doesn't mean anything. I think Tebow will actually get even more fired up from it and will do some great things once he gets his opportunity.

It's pretty amazing to see the similarities between the Jets situation and the Broncos one of last year. IMO the 2 biggest differences were that almost all Bronco fans were calling for Tebow, while many Jets fans still don't think he could play any better. The 2nd difference is that Orton got benched much quicker than Sanchez looks to be benched, which allowed Tebow to get the team caught up and make the playoffs. Rex is running out of time..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 8481
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
Just to let you guys know, there were unnamed players/people in the Broncos organization last year who also thought Kyle Orton was the best option and didn't think anything of Tebow. Yet when he comes in and starts winning, the whole team backs him and is genuinely excited when they talked about him and what he brought to the table. EVEN THEN, as soon as he is traded and Manning comes abroad, they say he was exciting but not the solution to win a SB.

These players are just as bandwagony as us fans. Just because a player says his teammate is terrible, that doesn't mean anything. I think Tebow will actually get even more fired up from it and will do some great things once he gets his opportunity.

It's pretty amazing to see the similarities between the Jets situation and the Broncos one of last year. IMO the 2 biggest differences were that almost all Bronco fans were calling for Tebow, while many Jets fans still don't think he could play any better. The 2nd difference is that Orton got benched much quicker than Sanchez looks to be benched, which allowed Tebow to get the team caught up and make the playoffs. Rex is running out of time..


You see I was with you up until I realized you have a Tebow Sig. I think Tebow could and will do better than Mark given his intangibles, but his fanbase needs to go die somewhere. He's played barely one season and get far to much media attention. The last thing we need is for this organization to become even more laughed at than we already are. I don't think there is a team in the league that puts "threat" and "Jets Offense" in the same sentence during practice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5826
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:

I really don't think Mark is the problem.
.
The irony considering your username is BenchSanchez Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8620
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

I really don't think Mark is the problem.
.
The irony considering your username is BenchSanchez Laughing


Not mention that fact that he must not know a thing about football if he truly believes that at this point. Mark Sanchez is a BAD QB. Hes bottom 3 in the league. Even if he had talent around him it wouldn't change his indecisiveness, unawareness, poor decision making, inability to read a defense, and being as emotional weak as a 13 year old girl. Time to move on. Even if hes here next year, he needs to sit the bench.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

I really don't think Mark is the problem.
.
The irony considering your username is BenchSanchez Laughing


Not mention that fact that he must not know a thing about football if he truly believes that at this point. Mark Sanchez is a BAD QB. Hes bottom 3 in the league. Even if he had talent around him it wouldn't change his indecisiveness, unawareness, poor decision making, inability to read a defense, and being as emotional weak as a 13 year old girl. Time to move on. Even if hes here next year, he needs to sit the bench.


I do know about football. A lot actually. Mark led us one game away from the Superbowl. Were you watching football then?

I think Mark is trying to do too much the short time he has the ball. The past two years the offence and the offensive line have been terrible. Not to mention all the dropped passes.

I'm not saying Mark is Tom Brady, but he's not a scrub by any means. For his sake I hope he his traded (eventually, we're stuck with this contract) and given a chance elsewhere. If a team like the Cardinals or even the Chiefs took a chance on Mark they'd be way better off. I feel bad for him. He's made out to be the bad guy.

Look at the weapons in Philly and how bad any QB does Vick or Foles. Because the O-Line is terrible. And they have Shady & a great WR core. That is why you're stupid if you think this is all on Mark. He has no help around him.

No running game, no WR's, no protection. If you knew anything about football, you'd know you need that. The shots can go both ways.

Also, my username is a joke, it's just how fans feel during the season anymore. It's so easy to blame the QB.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3284
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

I really don't think Mark is the problem.
.
The irony considering your username is BenchSanchez Laughing


Not mention that fact that he must not know a thing about football if he truly believes that at this point. Mark Sanchez is a BAD QB. Hes bottom 3 in the league. Even if he had talent around him it wouldn't change his indecisiveness, unawareness, poor decision making, inability to read a defense, and being as emotional weak as a 13 year old girl. Time to move on. Even if hes here next year, he needs to sit the bench.


I do know about football. A lot actually. Mark led us one game away from the Superbowl. Were you watching football then?

I think Mark is trying to do too much the short time he has the ball. The past two years the offence and the offensive line have been terrible. Not to mention all the dropped passes.

I'm not saying Mark is Tom Brady, but he's not a scrub by any means. For his sake I hope he his traded (eventually, we're stuck with this contract) and given a chance elsewhere. If a team like the Cardinals or even the Chiefs took a chance on Mark they'd be way better off. I feel bad for him. He's made out to be the bad guy.

Look at the weapons in Philly and how bad any QB does Vick or Foles. Because the O-Line is terrible. And they have Shady & a great WR core. That is why you're stupid if you think this is all on Mark. He has no help around him.

No running game, no WR's, no protection. If you knew anything about football, you'd know you need that. The shots can go both ways.

Also, my username is a joke, it's just how fans feel during the season anymore. It's so easy to blame the QB.

Ehh, it's pretty obvious that Sanchez is god-awful. He definitely is a scrub.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 603
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

I really don't think Mark is the problem.
.
The irony considering your username is BenchSanchez Laughing


Not mention that fact that he must not know a thing about football if he truly believes that at this point. Mark Sanchez is a BAD QB. Hes bottom 3 in the league. Even if he had talent around him it wouldn't change his indecisiveness, unawareness, poor decision making, inability to read a defense, and being as emotional weak as a 13 year old girl. Time to move on. Even if hes here next year, he needs to sit the bench.


I do know about football. A lot actually. Mark led us one game away from the Superbowl. Were you watching football then?

I think Mark is trying to do too much the short time he has the ball. The past two years the offence and the offensive line have been terrible. Not to mention all the dropped passes.

I'm not saying Mark is Tom Brady, but he's not a scrub by any means. For his sake I hope he his traded (eventually, we're stuck with this contract) and given a chance elsewhere. If a team like the Cardinals or even the Chiefs took a chance on Mark they'd be way better off. I feel bad for him. He's made out to be the bad guy.

Look at the weapons in Philly and how bad any QB does Vick or Foles. Because the O-Line is terrible. And they have Shady & a great WR core. That is why you're stupid if you think this is all on Mark. He has no help around him.

No running game, no WR's, no protection. If you knew anything about football, you'd know you need that. The shots can go both ways.

Also, my username is a joke, it's just how fans feel during the season anymore. It's so easy to blame the QB.


I could not agree more. Bottom line is this, Mark is a very good QB when surrounded with talent. Vick has 3 weapons in McCoy,Maclin, Jackson and they can't keep him upright. Issue bad O-line.

Cutler moved up the ladder when they got him WR who he could play with and that is Marshall. He has Forte who is a great back as well.

Stafford has Megatron and nothting else and he is a losing QB in the NFL.

We know Mark is not Brady, Brees, Manning (either one) Rodgers. Those guys are Elite and make the Talent arouncd them better. What has Schaub done? Matty Ice the name is a joke dude has zero playoff wins, and has two pro bowl WR a HOF TE and has had Turner his entire career to keep teams honest.

I have never seen so much talk over a back-up QB who is lacking is so many area's as a passer.

This season is a wash, you want to make changes you make them now. Take the handcuffs off Mark, let him throw the ball around the field find out if he can be the guy you need him to be. Pass the ball spread teams out. This is the perfect time to see what you truly have. If he can't hack it then it's time to move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8620
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

I really don't think Mark is the problem.
.
The irony considering your username is BenchSanchez Laughing


Not mention that fact that he must not know a thing about football if he truly believes that at this point. Mark Sanchez is a BAD QB. Hes bottom 3 in the league. Even if he had talent around him it wouldn't change his indecisiveness, unawareness, poor decision making, inability to read a defense, and being as emotional weak as a 13 year old girl. Time to move on. Even if hes here next year, he needs to sit the bench.


I do know about football. A lot actually. Mark led us one game away from the Superbowl. Were you watching football then?

I think Mark is trying to do too much the short time he has the ball. The past two years the offence and the offensive line have been terrible. Not to mention all the dropped passes.

I'm not saying Mark is Tom Brady, but he's not a scrub by any means. For his sake I hope he his traded (eventually, we're stuck with this contract) and given a chance elsewhere. If a team like the Cardinals or even the Chiefs took a chance on Mark they'd be way better off. I feel bad for him. He's made out to be the bad guy.

Look at the weapons in Philly and how bad any QB does Vick or Foles. Because the O-Line is terrible. And they have Shady & a great WR core. That is why you're stupid if you think this is all on Mark. He has no help around him.

No running game, no WR's, no protection. If you knew anything about football, you'd know you need that. The shots can go both ways.

Also, my username is a joke, it's just how fans feel during the season anymore. It's so easy to blame the QB.


I could not agree more. Bottom line is this, Mark is a very good QB when surrounded with talent. Vick has 3 weapons in McCoy,Maclin, Jackson and they can't keep him upright. Issue bad O-line.

Cutler moved up the ladder when they got him WR who he could play with and that is Marshall. He has Forte who is a great back as well.

Stafford has Megatron and nothting else and he is a losing QB in the NFL.

We know Mark is not Brady, Brees, Manning (either one) Rodgers. Those guys are Elite and make the Talent arouncd them better. What has Schaub done? Matty Ice the name is a joke dude has zero playoff wins, and has two pro bowl WR a HOF TE and has had Turner his entire career to keep teams honest.

I have never seen so much talk over a back-up QB who is lacking is so many area's as a passer.

This season is a wash, you want to make changes you make them now. Take the handcuffs off Mark, let him throw the ball around the field find out if he can be the guy you need him to be. Pass the ball spread teams out. This is the perfect time to see what you truly have. If he can't hack it then it's time to move on.


Seriously? What is this year 2?! The handcuffs ARE OFF! Hes just not any good lol. How much or of this do people need to see? He doesnt trust himself, he doesnt have faith in his own arm to make throws. Hes not a starter in this league. THe sooner the jets realize it the better.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3284
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Seriously? What is this year 2?! The handcuffs ARE OFF! Hes just not any good lol. How much or of this do people need to see? He doesnt trust himself, he doesnt have faith in his own arm to make throws. Hes not a starter in this league. THe sooner the jets realize it the better.

Thank God someone realizes this.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 603
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Your a Long Island Boy, so i'll take it easy on you. You know why he has zero confidence because he was only been deemed a gate keeper told not to make mistakes and to hold onto the ball. I remember Herm a few years back referring to Brooks Bollinger's best play is holding onto the ball and punting on 4th down. R U Serious!!! Rex hasen't changed his D is not the 2000 Ravens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8620
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
^^^ Your a Long Island Boy, so i'll take it easy on you. You know why he has zero confidence because he was only been deemed a gate keeper told not to make mistakes and to hold onto the ball. I remember Herm a few years back referring to Brooks Bollinger's best play is holding onto the ball and punting on 4th down. R U Serious!!! Rex hasen't changed his D is not the 2000 Ravens.


Yeah that was year 1. Hes been given the ball and asked to win games. He still under throws wide open receivers standing in the endzone, he double clutches in the redzone and allows the DB to jump the route when had he of simply thrown the ball originally it would have been a TD (or lets be honest, it would have been over his head). Sanchez has been given every chance to show hes the guy. Hes not the guy and wont ever be for any team. He shows signs but they are WAY too few and far in between. The fact that fans are still defending him really is unbelievable. I could understand still giving him a chance last year even though he was atrocious down the stretch but this year that goes out the door. Hes regressing every game.

All these Sanchez apologist have no idea what they want. "Let the kid throw"! Then he throws a dozen picks. "Hes got no running game! Run the ball!" Come on this is why hes got no confidence! "Hes got no weapons" His so called "no weapons" are standing alone in the endzone as Mark under throws them and it gets picked up. Enough with the excuses. Please know that you are wrong. Marks inabilities go way beyond weapons, beyond handcuffs and a running game. Weve given him the starting job since day one, and we never benched him for even a series! If you dont have confidence in yourself after 4 years of trust from the coaching staff, then your never going to have it. Plan and simple.

Im done talking about this. I rest my case which is so obviously at this point its not even funny.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 603
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
^^^ Your a Long Island Boy, so i'll take it easy on you. You know why he has zero confidence because he was only been deemed a gate keeper told not to make mistakes and to hold onto the ball. I remember Herm a few years back referring to Brooks Bollinger's best play is holding onto the ball and punting on 4th down. R U Serious!!! Rex hasen't changed his D is not the 2000 Ravens.


Yeah that was year 1. Hes been given the ball and asked to win games. He still under throws wide open receivers standing in the endzone, he double clutches in the redzone and allows the DB to jump the route when had he of simply thrown the ball originally it would have been a TD (or lets be honest, it would have been over his head). Sanchez has been given every chance to show hes the guy. Hes not the guy and wont ever be for any team. He shows signs but they are WAY too few and far in between. The fact that fans are still defending him really is unbelievable. I could understand still giving him a chance last year even though he was atrocious down the stretch but this year that goes out the door. Hes regressing every game.

All these Sanchez apologist have no idea what they want. "Let the kid throw"! Then he throws a dozen picks. "Hes got no running game! Run the ball!" Come on this is why hes got no confidence! "Hes got no weapons" His so called "no weapons" are standing alone in the endzone as Mark under throws them and it gets picked up. Enough with the excuses. Please know that you are wrong. Marks inabilities go way beyond weapons, beyond handcuffs and a running game. Weve given him the starting job since day one, and we never benched him for even a series! If you dont have confidence in yourself after 4 years of trust from the coaching staff, then your never going to have it. Plan and simple.

Im done talking about this. I rest my case which is so obviously at this point its not even funny.


I dont have the time, but lets add up all the dropped passes he has had, take 1/2 of those and add them to his completion % see what his #'s would be.

Let me ask you this, what is the % chance Hill catches the ball?

I put the # at 50/50 at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21399
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football is complex, you can't just look for one reason. It's never just the quarterback, or just the supporting cast.

Sanchez is surrounded by probably the worst supporting cast in the league right now. But that doesn't change the fact that he is playing poorly and is largely at fault for the Jets' struggles. Case in point, that interception against Seattle. That's a fourth year starter making that throw. Inexcusable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Football is complex, you can't just look for one reason. It's never just the quarterback, or just the supporting cast.

Sanchez is surrounded by probably the worst supporting cast in the league right now. But that doesn't change the fact that he is playing poorly and is largely at fault for the Jets' struggles. Case in point, that interception against Seattle. That's a fourth year starter making that throw. Inexcusable.

Yep. He hasn't improved at all since his rookie season. Still the same QB, just now with a worse supporting cast and no confidence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 603
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Football is complex, you can't just look for one reason. It's never just the quarterback, or just the supporting cast.

Sanchez is surrounded by probably the worst supporting cast in the league right now. But that doesn't change the fact that he is playing poorly and is largely at fault for the Jets' struggles. Case in point, that interception against Seattle. That's a fourth year starter making that throw. Inexcusable.


Davey, I agree it's on everyone but lets not pile it on Mark, yeah that throw was bad you need to protect the 3 points there, but the false start before cost them 5 yards. It's a snowball effect. He has not been great bur he also has had zero help.

Westoff has seen his unit go from being a strength to a glaring weakness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group