Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's with Rex refusing to bench Sanchez?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Sanchez's "success" was him riding the backs of an elite running game and defense. Let's not pretend that he was the reason why we made it that far. We know that Tebow is erratic, but at least he doesn't make awful decisions on the field. McElroy, who knows. Chances are he won't do well but at this point I can't support a quarterback completing <50% of his passes.

Sanchez has had good performances both in the regular season and in the playoffs, he's actually had games where he's thrown for 3 touchdowns(again, in the playoffs too no less), he's engineered a number of fourth quarter comebacks. His competence is almost always predicated on having pieces around him, but he's performed well in the past, even going past games where a strong otherwise roster masked his incompetence. That's not me trying to defend him as a long term starter, but it is what it is in comparison to the rest of the roster.

It's all relative. Sanchez hasn't exactly accomplished a lot in the league, but as a quarterback he's accomplished significantly more than Tebow or McElroy has and ever will. He's still the best passer on the roster, and I believe he still gives the Jets the best chance to win. But that is more a statement on the mess that is the Jets offense more than anything.

In comparison, Sanchez's bad performances greatly outweigh his good performances. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Notice how he has only performed well when he's had a top 3 o-line, running game, and defense carrying him. You're looking at the glass half-full, I'm looking at it half-empty here. Anyone should be able to find some margin of success with that supporting cast.

I wouldn't even say that he's accomplished significantly more than Tebow either, and obviously he's accomplished more than McElroy considering McElroy has been inactive for his whole career.

Quote:
Quote:
We'll most likely be cleaning house and starting over. A new GM and coach isn't going to want Sanchez and his baggage on the team when they take over so they'll probably bite the bullet and cut him. The cap ramifications will suck but it's part of the business. It would be unhealthy and unwise for the organization to move forward with Sanchez in the locker room.

Cutting Sanchez loses the Jets 4.3 million in cap room for 2013, he won't be cut. There's no point to it when the Jets will be looking to clear a lot of space for an overhaul. He can be on the roster and the Jets can bring in a rookie and have them compete. There are worse alternatives.

Don't be so hung up on money. What is worse, forcing yourself to stick with a quarterback that you know is a bust, or biting the bullet and eating the $4.3 million? I'd say the latter. I understand we will be cleaning house but we will be biting our nose to spite our face if we keep Sanchez around to save an extra couple mil. His presence would be contradictory to our overhaul IMO. It's not even such a big deal anymore since the rookie salary limit has been implemented. I see exactly where you are coming from but I think it's best if we rid ourselves of him entirely.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the notion of Rex not benching Sanchez due is "pride" is absurd and frankly one of the most ridiculous accusations of Rex there's been.

There's even less pride in losing than admitting you were wrong about a player. If they thought Tebow would give them a better chance to win, they would play him, period, end of story.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I think the notion of Rex not benching Sanchez due is "pride" is absurd and frankly one of the most ridiculous accusations of Rex there's been.

There's even less pride in losing than admitting you were wrong about a player. If they thought Tebow would give them a better chance to win, they would play him, period, end of story.

How is it ridiculous?

He and Tanny are tied to Sanchez forever. That's "their guy." If they stop supporting him, they concede he was a mistake. And what happens to coaches and executives that make mistakes like that? They get the axe.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, there are a bunch of terrible QBs in the league and only three teams have "benched" their starter. Chiefs, Titans, and Cardinals. It's not like it is a Rex thing, NFL QBs don't get benched unless they are ABSOLUTELY dreadful and have no long term plan in that organization. Sanchez is better than Cassel and Skelton/Kolb (who is the real starter in Zona?) Titans are looking to move on from Hasselbeck.

You just don't bench your starter in the NFL. Also what the point in putting in McElroy, he has made no inclinations that he will be an NFL player.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Have you see our record Jetsman? We are currently 3-6 and probably on our way to more losses with Sanchez at the helm. By logic, Tebow(or at least someone else) should be put in to see what they can do. Rex is obviously an ignorant idiot who doesn't believe Sanchez can "do no wrong", so he insists on starting him over other qualified personnel. That's all it is to it. Just watch the press conferences it's the same thing every week with that idiot.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
TBH, there are a bunch of terrible QBs in the league and only three teams have "benched" their starter. Chiefs, Titans, and Cardinals. It's not like it is a Rex thing, NFL QBs don't get benched unless they are ABSOLUTELY dreadful and have no long term plan in that organization. Sanchez is better than Cassel and Skelton/Kolb (who is the real starter in Zona?) Titans are looking to move on from Hasselbeck.

You just don't bench your starter in the NFL. Also what the point in putting in McElroy, he has made no inclinations that he will be an NFL player.

Kolb took his garbage Arizona team to 4-0 before being injured, Mark Sanchez couldn't do that in his sleep.

Matt Cassell is playing with the same weapons Sanchez is, a worse head coach, OC, and scheme he doesn't fit, and is still managing similar QBR.

So please tell me how Mark Suckchez is better than the two?..
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Kolb took his garbage Arizona team to 4-0 before being injured, Mark Sanchez couldn't do that in his sleep.

Matt Cassell is playing with the same weapons Sanchez is, a worse head coach, OC, and scheme he doesn't fit, and is still managing similar QBR.

Cassel has far better weapons in Kansas City, let's be real.

McCluster, Bowe, Charles >>>>>> any skill player on the jets BY FAR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
teamorange wrote:

QBR is an imaginary stat that ESPN created that has no clear cut mathematical equation. Basically it has ZERO credibility.

It really doesn't matter whose better. Every QB mentioned sucks.

As far as benching Sanchez goes, I would only bench him in favor of McElroy. I dont want Tebow starting. Otherwise I'd rather let Sanchez show his true colors and prove everything that I had said about him from day one was correct.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Cassel has far better weapons in Kansas City, let's be real.

McCluster, Bowe, Charles >>>>>> any skill player on the jets BY FAR

This is true to an extent, but I still believe Cassell is =/= Sanchez. Sanchez is trash.
swi7ch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez has something on Ryan (maybe another of his weird fetish) and Rex is probably afraid Sanchez will out him on the media if he benches him. Classic blackmailing. You bench me, you're going down with me!
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark has no protection, no WR's and no running game.

How many times has he placed the ball in the WR's hands just for them to drop it? Namely our 2nd round pick Hill.

Granted, some throws have been a bit inaccurate. Well, when every pass is rushed by the entire D-Line, that'll happen.

I really don't think Mark is the problem.

Also, what you people have to realize is Tebow wasn't brought here to be a quarterback, he was brought here to fill Brad Smith's role of a wildcat QB. People didn't hit the roof when Brad Smith came onto the field, but they do when Tebow does? Wake up! Our offense OR special teams has never been the same since Smith left.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how "unnamed Jets players" have taken to Sanchez's defense, considering last year there were unnamed players who thought he was terrible. But looks like the rest of the team as well as the coaches realize that Tebow simply isn't a fit on this team. Thanks a lot Woody.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
It's funny how "unnamed Jets players" have taken to Sanchez's defense, considering last year there were unnamed players who thought he was terrible. But looks like the rest of the team as well as the coaches realize that Tebow simply isn't a fit on this team. Thanks a lot Woody.

They aren't unnamed players, Slauson, Mangold, Cromartie, etc. The unnamed are the ways saying Tebow isn't a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

They aren't unnamed players, Slauson, Mangold, Cromartie, etc. The unnamed are the ways saying Tebow isn't a QB.

They have said that about Tebow yes, but I thought from what I read those same unnamed players said Sanchez is still best chance to win.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
richie jets

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do it with every player , no just Sanchez they hate admitting the screwed up so they stay with the draft pick or contract . Last year Wayne hunter and Eric smith never got benched . Sanchez won't get benched , they will still screw things up by forcing those useless Tebow plays to justify that trade. it's a disaster , if we had the next Arian Forster or curt Warner we'd never know because they will never ever get a chance on this circus show. just remember we cut Danny woodhead to justify joe McKnight pick trading up . We had a nice little run and it's over . Same Old Jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: