Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's with Rex refusing to bench Sanchez?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Heavinsent


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: What's with Rex refusing to bench Sanchez? Reply with quote

I just don't get it. Today in the press conference he said "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win", just like he's been saying all season. Obviously he doesn't give us that good of a chance, considering we're at 3-6 and Sanchez has been absolutely atrocious.

Just bench the guy already and bring in Tebow or McElroy. Sanchez brings absolutely nothing to the table. There's nothing impressive about him at all. He has no pocket presence, he can't read a defense, his field vision sucks, and his throws are often wildly inaccurate. What the hell does Rex see in this guy?

I know I'm not alone here. It's just so damn frustrating how this franchise refuses to get rid of incompetent players. Sanchez has had more than enough chances. Nobody in the organization ever seems to question Sanchez for some reason, except I'd imagine the players are pissed off that they have to deal with this scrub. But the coaching staff and front office seems to think he still has a chance of becoming good or something. Sorry, but it's time to admit that he's not our guy. Unfortunately, Rex seems to be in denial of that fact.
_________________


Props to Jamison for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21370
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long and short: regardless of how he's been playing, the Jets are stuck with him for another year. Tim Tebow is not the answer, playing McElroy over Tebow or Sanchez right now is just a wash, and frankly regardless of performance he does give the Jets the best chance to win. We don't exactly have Joe Montana waiting in the wings.

The Jets are just a poor team on offense, incredibly untalented. Including but not limiting Sanchez.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheChad


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 8860
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally at the point where I just don't want to watch Sanchez play anymore. That redzone pick early on in this game sealed it. That fumble was atrocious too.

If he goes elsewhere and plays at a HOF level, I won't even care because I'm certain he'll never be good here.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
norg


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 1560
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because thats his guy hes going to live and die with him even if tebow gets the start and does ok Rex still might get fired and next year the jets will just trade Mark and tebow in some sort of package

If i was the GM i would sit down with rex and tell him hes not getting fired start Tebow and see what happens if things dont work out next year trade mark and tebow fire your OC and start fresh thats all u can do
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 984
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez was handed this team on a silver platter, he never had a legitimate backup. I really believe that the Rex "team" felt they had their franchise qb. Now that it's obvious to everyone else that he's not, Rex is stubbornly clinging to the hope that he'll turn it around.

(Rex's stubbornness is also seen in the fact he keeps playing guys like Scott, Pace, and Thomas to the detriment of the young players)

Imo, for Rex to remain a HC in this league he has to be more flexible. I think he needs to bench Sanchez for the remainder of the season. I would prefer he try McElroy but, and I hate saying this, Tebow couldn't be worst than sanchez at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's afraid of what could happen if Tebow is the starter.

He knows the team could turn into a media circus with Tebow at the helm, like the Broncos were last year.

If Tebow does find success, and wins a couple more games than the Jets deserve, they could end up with not as good as a draft pick as they want w/o making the playoff.

Rex is scared that if Tebow were to successful, he would be stuck with him as his QB. Which no HC wants.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 12743
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
He's afraid of what could happen if Tebow is the starter.

He knows the team could turn into a media circus with Tebow at the helm, like the Broncos were last year.

If Tebow does find success, and wins a couple more games than the Jets deserve, they could end up with not as good as a draft pick as they want w/o making the playoff.

Rex is scared that if Tebow were to successful, he would be stuck with him as his QB. Which no HC wants.


Jets turning into a media circus? That's something you don't hear often.

Anyway, Sanchez is all we got. Tebow is awful and I really don't want to become that team. Tebow will never be a successful QB in the NFL. McElroy is not an NFL QB either, not sure why we drafted him in the first place he has no redeeming qualities as a QB. He probably wouldn't even start on most of the top D1 teams in college.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve the Dream


Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 546
Location: University of Scranton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow isn't better. Pretty simple.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3222
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
The long and short: regardless of how he's been playing, the Jets are stuck with him for another year. Tim Tebow is not the answer, playing McElroy over Tebow or Sanchez right now is just a wash, and frankly regardless of performance he does give the Jets the best chance to win. We don't exactly have Joe Montana waiting in the wings.

The Jets are just a poor team on offense, incredibly untalented. Including but not limiting Sanchez.

How can we even know that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win when we don't even give the other guys a chance? At least Tebow's running ability and intangible will to win on the field gives us some glimmer of hope, Sanchez is flat-out the worst starting QB in football and at this point we can't do much worse. And McElroy hasn't looked bad in the preseason either. We cannot move forward with the mindset that Sanchez is our QB of now and the future, might as well see what the others have.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3222
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
He's afraid of what could happen if Tebow is the starter.

He knows the team could turn into a media circus with Tebow at the helm, like the Broncos were last year.

If Tebow does find success, and wins a couple more games than the Jets deserve, they could end up with not as good as a draft pick as they want w/o making the playoff.

Rex is scared that if Tebow were to successful, he would be stuck with him as his QB. Which no HC wants.

Do you think Rex is more concerned about his team becoming a media circus or losing his job? Because right now the latter looks more likely.

If he was concerned about his team becoming a media circus, he shouldn't have made such brash comments to the media in his first 3 seasons here.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8562
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been saying it for weeks, god dos Drew Stanton look REALLY good right now. Id like to thank our wonderful owner for ****ing that up.

This is the reason its hard to blame Tannenbaum for certain things. He was actually having a solid offseason until Woody made him trade for Tebow and then we thought we were complete after that. Either way though I think we should clean house completely. Rex's post game press conference was terrible yesterday, the guy is mentally drained and just hasnt been getting it done here. We need to rebuild FOR REAL. No more quick fixes. They dont work.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Davey


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21370
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

How can we even know that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win when we don't even give the other guys a chance? At least Tebow's running ability and intangible will to win on the field gives us some glimmer of hope, Sanchez is flat-out the worst starting QB in football and at this point we can't do much worse. And McElroy hasn't looked bad in the preseason either. We cannot move forward with the mindset that Sanchez is our QB of now and the future, might as well see what the others have.


Because Mark Sanchez by a significant margin is the most accomplished and has been the most productive QB on the roster. We know what Tim Tebow is. Greg McElroy

But again, that's only part of it. The Jets are stuck next year with Sanchez. He will, at worst, be competing to start next season. When you bench him, there's no going back.

The Jets need to draft a quarterback, either this upcoming season or in the 2014 draft. And if they do it this season, I'd prefer he'd be competing with a four year starter that still thinks he has an opportunity to play in this league rather than a QB with shot confidence who sees the writing on the wall.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8562
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
skrILL wrote:

How can we even know that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win when we don't even give the other guys a chance? At least Tebow's running ability and intangible will to win on the field gives us some glimmer of hope, Sanchez is flat-out the worst starting QB in football and at this point we can't do much worse. And McElroy hasn't looked bad in the preseason either. We cannot move forward with the mindset that Sanchez is our QB of now and the future, might as well see what the others have.


Because Mark Sanchez by a significant margin is the most accomplished and has been the most productive QB on the roster. We know what Tim Tebow is. Greg McElroy

But again, that's only part of it. The Jets are stuck next year with Sanchez. He will, at worst, be competing to start next season. When you bench him, there's no going back.

The Jets need to draft a quarterback, either this upcoming season or in the 2014 draft. And if they do it this season, I'd prefer he'd be competing with a four year starter that still thinks he has an opportunity to play in this league rather than a QB with shot confidence who sees the writing on the wall.


The fact that you say that if we bench Sanchez theres no going back speaks volumes of how mentally weak he is.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2235
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
Tebow isn't better. Pretty simple.


I'm not sure about this statement at all. I actually think Tebow can play much better. 185 total yards? Are you serious? Sanchez clearly can't do it so give Tebow a chance, he can't be any worse and if he is then so what.

It's Tebow time. Sanchez is done
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46830
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Steve the Dream wrote:
Tebow isn't better. Pretty simple.


I'm not sure about this statement at all. I actually think Tebow can play much better. 185 total yards? Are you serious? Sanchez clearly can't do it so give Tebow a chance, he can't be any worse and if he is then so what.

It's Tebow time. Sanchez is done


It's McElroy time.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group