Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's with Rex refusing to bench Sanchez?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to prove that Schotty was the problem and not Sanchez... oh wait.
He wants to prove that Sanchez is the problem and not Tony... oh wait.
He wants to prove that the offensive line just sucks and not anyone else...

I don't know, bottom line it's getting real hard to watch him play. I supported Sanchez and while it's unfair to judge him base on what they given him, his time seems to be running out. However with that extension... who the hell knows. This won't be a problem when Vick gets here next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Davey wrote:
skrILL wrote:

How can we even know that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win when we don't even give the other guys a chance? At least Tebow's running ability and intangible will to win on the field gives us some glimmer of hope, Sanchez is flat-out the worst starting QB in football and at this point we can't do much worse. And McElroy hasn't looked bad in the preseason either. We cannot move forward with the mindset that Sanchez is our QB of now and the future, might as well see what the others have.

Because Mark Sanchez by a significant margin is the most accomplished and has been the most productive QB on the roster. We know what Tim Tebow is. Greg McElroy

But again, that's only part of it. The Jets are stuck next year with Sanchez. He will, at worst, be competing to start next season. When you bench him, there's no going back.

The Jets need to draft a quarterback, either this upcoming season or in the 2014 draft. And if they do it this season, I'd prefer he'd be competing with a four year starter that still thinks he has an opportunity to play in this league rather than a QB with shot confidence who sees the writing on the wall.

The fact that you say that if we bench Sanchez theres no going back speaks volumes of how mentally weak he is.

Who wants to go back at this point anyway? This team is unwatchable right now. Bench him for Tebow and since we "have" to bring him back next year give him a chance to win his job against Tebow, a rook, or another vet but this year he needs to go, right now.

I was a huge Sanchez supporter for the longest time but the fact that he needs the 49ers D and the Packers WR's just to be mediocre is enough for me. It's not all his fault and I understand this but the best chance to win is no longer Sanchez, it's Tebow. It pains me to type this cause this was the last thing I wanted to see but there's no more denying the truth.

Tebow probably isn't the answer but at least he's worth watching. I'm done tuning in to the 4 yard slants on 3rd and 8.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
He wants to prove that Schotty was the problem and not Sanchez... oh wait.
He wants to prove that Sanchez is the problem and not Tony... oh wait.
He wants to prove that the offensive line just sucks and not anyone else...

I don't know, bottom line it's getting real hard to watch him play. I supported Sanchez and while it's unfair to judge him base on what they given him, his time seems to be running out. However with that extension... who the hell knows. This won't be a problem when Vick gets here next year.

Haha that's funny, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a fan of the top QB's this years draft so Vick would be a good vet to bring in. Draft Landry Jones in the 3rd and let him develop for a few years behind Vick, Tebow, or another vet.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Steve the Dream wrote:
Tebow isn't better. Pretty simple.

I'm not sure about this statement at all. I actually think Tebow can play much better. 185 total yards? Are you serious? Sanchez clearly can't do it so give Tebow a chance, he can't be any worse and if he is then so what.

It's Tebow time. Sanchez is done

It's McElroy time.

No not another short, weak armed QB. He's not good so people need to stop with McElroy. Tebow throws a solid deep ball and can run, he's the best chance to win right now. God I can't believe I'm typing this. Crying or Very sad

And as we all know "you play to win the game."

Props to Mack on the sig
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
skrILL wrote:

How can we even know that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win when we don't even give the other guys a chance? At least Tebow's running ability and intangible will to win on the field gives us some glimmer of hope, Sanchez is flat-out the worst starting QB in football and at this point we can't do much worse. And McElroy hasn't looked bad in the preseason either. We cannot move forward with the mindset that Sanchez is our QB of now and the future, might as well see what the others have.

Because Mark Sanchez by a significant margin is the most accomplished and has been the most productive QB on the roster. We know what Tim Tebow is. Greg McElroy

But again, that's only part of it. The Jets are stuck next year with Sanchez. He will, at worst, be competing to start next season. When you bench him, there's no going back.

The Jets need to draft a quarterback, either this upcoming season or in the 2014 draft. And if they do it this season, I'd prefer he'd be competing with a four year starter that still thinks he has an opportunity to play in this league rather than a QB with shot confidence who sees the writing on the wall.

Sanchez's "success" was him riding the backs of an elite running game and defense. Let's not pretend that he was the reason why we made it that far. We know that Tebow is erratic, but at least he doesn't make awful decisions on the field. McElroy, who knows. Chances are he won't do well but at this point I can't support a quarterback completing <50% of his passes.

We'll most likely be cleaning house and starting over. A new GM and coach isn't going to want Sanchez and his baggage on the team when they take over so they'll probably bite the bullet and cut him. The cap ramifications will suck but it's part of the business. It would be unhealthy and unwise for the organization to move forward with Sanchez in the locker room.

I agree that we'll need a new QB and that we need a vet to compete with him but that doesn't mean it should be Mark. He sucks, plain and simple. There is no two ways around it. No matter what Sanchez thinks, his opportunity in this league as a starter rides solely on Tanny and Rex still being employed. We are never going to improve as a team if Mark is starting. The NFL game is too much for him.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, it's time to bench him. Sanchez doesn't think he'll get benched. If he's really the right guy for this team, taking a seat will humble him and put a fire under his butt. Not make him cry and mope and figure his career as the Jets starter is over.

I'm even for Tim Tebow right now. Seriously. It's that bad. Just to light a fire under Mark's arse. You want to be the leader of this team, then be a leader...if you mope and cry you're not cut out to be a starter in this league.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:

Haha that's funny, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a fan of the top QB's this years draft so Vick would be a good vet to bring in. Draft Landry Jones in the 3rd and let him develop for a few years behind Vick, Tebow, or another vet.

Its sad because I don't believe it for a second that it could actually happen, but then I remember that our owner doesn't care about winning but making headlines. Vick played his last game in Philly, we need an upgrade at the QB position. Vick makes the splash, grabs the headlines and we enter another year of ineptitude.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is the lack of creativity in using Tebow. Not that I've seen every game but from the lack of snaps it seems like they justdon't want him out there. With an offense that has struggled all year and lacking in play makers, why not do some creative things with him? Line him up as a FBn ext to sanchez, use him as an H/TE motioning him around.

I dunno, I don't think Tebow is a starting QB but I imagine could be much better utilized.

Just like your team, classy.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex & Tony didn't want Tebow in the first place. They wanted to keep drew stanton. When Woody forced us to give up 2 picks and cash for Tim, they had no choice but to "support it" , and used the Wildcat as an excuse. To be honest, I don't think Tony wanted to bring back the wildcat . Comparing to how the wildcat use to look, Tony use to have another RB cutting across the wildcat QB like he did with Ronnie & Ricky Williams. He doesn't do that anymore, it's just Tebow running up the middle or a normal pass.

Rex & Tony probably only giving him the PT to keep Woody, The Media, and Tim's fans happy. After reading comments from Schilens, Cromartie, and etc. The players still support Mark and defending him. A lot of players might look at Rex differently if they bench Mark. Things will only get worst after that. The message of benching Mark is much bigger than what most of us think it is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jets have refused to change a single thing on either side of the ball this year, even after 6 losses.

Insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Rex and the test of the staff need to realize these problems won't just fix themselves.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's a Woody Johnson move because he added the cash in as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

Sanchez's "success" was him riding the backs of an elite running game and defense. Let's not pretend that he was the reason why we made it that far. We know that Tebow is erratic, but at least he doesn't make awful decisions on the field. McElroy, who knows. Chances are he won't do well but at this point I can't support a quarterback completing <50% of his passes.

Sanchez has had good performances both in the regular season and in the playoffs, he's actually had games where he's thrown for 3 touchdowns(again, in the playoffs too no less), he's engineered a number of fourth quarter comebacks. His competence is almost always predicated on having pieces around him, but he's performed well in the past, even going past games where a strong otherwise roster masked his incompetence. That's not me trying to defend him as a long term starter, but it is what it is in comparison to the rest of the roster.

It's all relative. Sanchez hasn't exactly accomplished a lot in the league, but as a quarterback he's accomplished significantly more than Tebow or McElroy has and ever will. He's still the best passer on the roster, and I believe he still gives the Jets the best chance to win. But that is more a statement on the mess that is the Jets offense more than anything.

Quote:

We'll most likely be cleaning house and starting over. A new GM and coach isn't going to want Sanchez and his baggage on the team when they take over so they'll probably bite the bullet and cut him. The cap ramifications will suck but it's part of the business. It would be unhealthy and unwise for the organization to move forward with Sanchez in the locker room.

Cutting Sanchez loses the Jets 4.3 million in cap room for 2013, he won't be cut. There's no point to it when the Jets will be looking to clear a lot of space for an overhaul. He can be on the roster and the Jets can bring in a rookie and have them compete. There are worse alternatives.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
You know it's a Woody Johnson move because he added the cash in as well.

Woody
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really unfortunate Tebow landed in a place where he is given no shot.

You'd think going 7-3 and winning a playoff game would get you ONE FREAKING START ON A 3-6 TEAM!

But nope....
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
It's really unfortunate Tebow landed in a place where he is given no shot.

You'd think going 7-3 and winning a playoff game would get you ONE FREAKING START ON A 3-6 TEAM!

But nope....

Hey, by now I'm all for it. I think he's a horrible QB, worse than Sanchez, but what's the worst that can happen? We still lose/get blown out because we don't have an awesome? I think our defense can win us games, but I don't see it happening enough for the Superbowl I've been waiting on. Time to look towards next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: